Ministry of Justice Employee Reviews in London

Interesting, Fun, Nice people
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 October 2018
I really enjoyed my time at the MoJ. A great place to work with friendly people. A nice environment and work culture, I really enjoyed my role and would return given the chance.
Hr
Executive officer (Current Employee) –  London25 October 2018
very diverse group lovely to work with. Flexible working as long as you complete the work assigned. However, managerial decisions are not communicated properly or in time we would result in the disengagement of employees
Pros
flexible, diverse and good working enviroment.
Cons
Poor management from top
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2018
Enjoyed every moment of it and want to go back ASAP been looking at new roles here lately. Culture is great felt like a family of workers when we where sinking pints after work.
Pros
Good Cafe
Poor Lower Management
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2018
This is my opinion although it has been confirmed be others. The first two tiers are managed by vulnerable and sensitive.

There is a lot of pressure to get the Common platform program underway as so many people have delayed progress
Good people to work with.
Designated Fines Officer (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
As an Officer, the role required us to deal with the courts, defendants and claimants. While most people are polite and respectful, there was far too often those that tried to be rude in order to intimidate workers. In my role, I was responsible for handling complaints. It took mental fortitude to remain calm when dealing with those individuals. It was also completely baffling to me that people who you expect to have a higher level of education/intelligence/respect, tended to be some of the most ignorant, stubborn people to deal with. Aside from those characters, it helped that our team was always supportive of one another and really felt more like a family.
I still remain in contact with our direct supervisor and manager as they became like a brother and father figure to me over my time there.
In general, the people I worked with were amazing and I can truly say I have made some close friends here. The clients we dealt with however, made the job sometimes unbearable.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Dealing with defendants and disgruntled claimants or stubborn co staff.
Been a great place to work...
Architect (Current Employee) –  London11 September 2018
… perhaps too much red tape bud don't most gov't agencies... Lots of good ideas.. Perhaps too many - People think can move mountains but need to be realistic when dealing with suppliers and tight budgets.
Moj hq
Project Support Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 September 2018
Workplace culture is not the greatest depending on directorate. The most enjoyable part of the role is knowing you helping vulnerable people. Management are not completely supportive.
Pros
You can work from home
Cons
Not enough support to progress
Professional working and good central location
Project Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 August 2018
I worked as a contractor on a very aggressive Windows 10 Deployment across a number of sites, so had to stay calm, assertive and efficient at all times.

Co-workers are friendly from Management to Non-Management staff.
Great
Clerk to Her Majesty Judge (Current Employee) –  London21 August 2018
This is such a great working environment. Great employee perks. It is fast paced and keeps you on your feet. Also great pension package. Thoroughly enjoying it so far.
Diverse work force
Prison Officer (Current Employee) –  London16 July 2018
Interesting place to work but has its moment of danger to staff. Prisoners do not recile from attacking staff and not a job for any one. However, there offenders who value the work of staff are appreciative of the efforts that staff have put in.
Pros
meeting lots of people
Insightful Work Experience Placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 June 2018
I learnt a lot about what aspects go into project management, including the legal and administrative aspects. I was introduced to the idea of studying for my Prince 2 Qualification. Overall, this experience opened up to me the world of civil service and more generally, serving the public.
Fine until they messed about with our contracts.
Software Asset Management & Licensing SME (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 May 2018
Our contract payment terms were change mid contract without consultation.The rest doesn't matter as this has cast a shadow on the whole experince at MOJ.
Lovely
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
I enjoyed my time here and leant many interesting things. The work is interesting and the colleagues supportive. The most enjoyable thing is the sense of accomplishment.
County Court
Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  London19 April 2018
I started as a Clerical Assistant undertaking general administrative duties and worked my way up to a Section Manager. This job involved higher responsibility for Staff as well as the level of work
Civil service atmosphere
Studio/Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2018
The team was really nice but they are situated within a civil service building so there is no colour or music.
Funding Problems
Lead Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Petty France London22 December 2017
I had a few roles, starting off in Her Majesty's Prison Service, then the Home Office, then back to the Prison Service and finally the Ministry of Justice. The moves were mainly due to promotions and some to financial downsizing.

On the whole I enjoyed my time in the Civil Service, however the job become an impossible task with the funding constraints that I was asked to work to.

When a further down sizing exercise took place. I took the option of taking early retirement.

My final position in the Ministry of Justice was as a Senior Team Leader, responsible for the Property Data Systems.
The properties involved was all prisons in England and Wales, Courts in England and Wales, Police and other Government Properties in the London Estate.
Pros
Good Pension. Option to work flexibly, Good Salary
Cons
Commuting and working under severe financial restraints.
Head of performance analytics- Reform (Former Employee) –  London8 November 2017
Friendly people, great attitude and challenging and exciting role. Flexible working, placing appropriate trust and responsibility with staff. Really effective management and highly intelligent people
Lack of Communication
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 October 2017
A typical day at the MOJ consists of a lot of email queries that require due diligence, and attention due to the sensitive nature of the data. The organisation constantly requires you to operate outside your role to solve potential issues that may be related to another department. The management team struggle to filter down all the relevant news to its staff that is of significant importance. The job rota is usually understaffed.
Pros
manageable work hours
Cons
lack of structure, and a blame culture
Life at the Ministry of Justice
Estate Support Manage4 (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 October 2017
In my 17 years at worrking at the Ministry of Justice i have learnt many things, such working with internal and external stakeholders and learning how to commuicate with them.
The work culture at the start of my employment was great as i joined when the service was hiring alot of young people, which help me settle into the the way the Government worked.
The hardest part of the job is the many changes that is involved in Ministry of Justice.
Pros
Excellent training support
Cons
To many changes
Great people
Service Architect (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 September 2017
Fantastic people to work with and really enjoyed the company over the last few years.

The pace of constant change and reorganisations can be weary, especially against the never ending search for more budget cuts and economies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of Justice. Our community is ready to answer.