Ministry of Justice Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Happy
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham8 February 2018
All staff are nice we all work together. I enjoy working with them. Dealing with private and confidential documents and sensitive information and keeping information together. I great company to work for.
Good
Case Progression Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 August 2017
Good Organisation helping the public set in place a Lasting Power Of Attorney to take care of Health and welfare or Finance and Property Affairs issues.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
High Turnover of staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 March 2017
Great training, great team ethos and great management. Sadly the pay is low which was the only reason to leave.
Flexible work patterns, so great for childcare.
Excellent
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 November 2016
Great Job, will continue to work here. very happy with everything. Love everything here. Great pay rates, good environment. Will Stay.
Great place to work, as long as you have got experience in many of the departments!
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 August 2016
I worked here for a very long time and was proactive in my personal development. I made sure that when opportunities came up to move to other teams and get involved with other departments I was there.
I started off within the post team and did every job from stamping post to mailing to stamping very important lasting power of attorney documentation and letters. After working through many departments I settled as a case work managing individual files and cases and having a strong enough skills set to be called upon throughout the company to support when it was required and during busy times with overtime opportunities.
Known throughout the company as an approachable, bubbly and happy to train other individual I not only enjoyed working with other, but enjoyed being able to be honest and ask to take on more challenging roles.
All managers where different, like everywhere I had my favourites and still keep in touch to this day. The same with colleagues.
Pros
Training, One to one, meetings, flexibility, overtime, projects, various areas to work, progression, free drinks.
Cons
high staff turn over, constantly changing manager, job secruity
departments vary
Case Progression Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham31 March 2016
Management is terrible, they do not know what they are doing and managers are put in place to come out with brilliant ideas for the senior managers to be fed rubbish and agree some sort of new procedure, its who you know and NOT what you know.
Most are either sitting bored or relaxing doing nothing or even wondering around for most part the day catching up with their 'mates'

Depending on which department you are placed in can be relaxed or stressful. Trying to get the their moneys worth after making bad financial decisions and investing in technology sold to them that does not work - this is what happens when you put idiots in charge of buying.

Forcing staff to work unreasonable requests and then smiling and questioning you and asking if its unreasonable and expecting a answer of 'No' and to agree with them and not to refuse work EVER, even is you are overworked with a heavy workload.

Constant DAILY change in procedures nothing set in stone, hot-desking

Nowhere to actually buy food within the building really- you have to venture out if, god forbid you forget your lunch.
Pros
flex-time
Cons
management target you no matter who you are, hot desking, terrible facilites which are non existent
Excellent Opportunity
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG11 November 2015
This was a temp job through an agency which was an excellent opportunity for me to work on perfecting my admin skills. I enjoyed working with the people that I joined with and I'm grateful for the opportunity