Ministry of Justice Employee Reviews

Interesting, Fun, Nice people
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 October 2018
I really enjoyed my time at the MoJ. A great place to work with friendly people. A nice environment and work culture, I really enjoyed my role and would return given the chance.
Hr
Executive officer (Current Employee) –  London25 October 2018
very diverse group lovely to work with. Flexible working as long as you complete the work assigned. However, managerial decisions are not communicated properly or in time we would result in the disengagement of employees
Pros
flexible, diverse and good working enviroment.
Cons
Poor management from top
Case Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire4 October 2018
Good place of work, good culture and great management. Hardest part of the job is sometimes when it is so fast paced. Typical day includes running court lists in preparation of the days ahead and inputting offender data on to the national database.
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2018
Enjoyed every moment of it and want to go back ASAP been looking at new roles here lately. Culture is great felt like a family of workers when we where sinking pints after work.
Pros
Good Cafe
Poor Lower Management
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2018
This is my opinion although it has been confirmed be others. The first two tiers are managed by vulnerable and sensitive.

There is a lot of pressure to get the Common platform program underway as so many people have delayed progress
Good steady job
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham25 September 2018
Good opportunities, excellent work life balance. Plenty of variety within departments. Good pension and holidays. Can be easy to progress to next grade.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Salary
Good people to work with.
Designated Fines Officer (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
As an Officer, the role required us to deal with the courts, defendants and claimants. While most people are polite and respectful, there was far too often those that tried to be rude in order to intimidate workers. In my role, I was responsible for handling complaints. It took mental fortitude to remain calm when dealing with those individuals. It was also completely baffling to me that people who you expect to have a higher level of education/intelligence/respect, tended to be some of the most ignorant, stubborn people to deal with. Aside from those characters, it helped that our team was always supportive of one another and really felt more like a family.
I still remain in contact with our direct supervisor and manager as they became like a brother and father figure to me over my time there.
In general, the people I worked with were amazing and I can truly say I have made some close friends here. The clients we dealt with however, made the job sometimes unbearable.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Dealing with defendants and disgruntled claimants or stubborn co staff.
Been a great place to work...
Architect (Current Employee) –  London11 September 2018
… perhaps too much red tape bud don't most gov't agencies... Lots of good ideas.. Perhaps too many - People think can move mountains but need to be realistic when dealing with suppliers and tight budgets.
Most pernicious organisation I’ve ever worked for.
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Midlands9 September 2018
Good pension and I made good friends but it’s a long time spent working towards a pension. Sadly not an organisation with any appetite for improving its employee ratings. It has all the policies in place but works hard to erode and avoid them. Trade Union membership advised. Similarly there was no obvious sign of putting the public or service users at the heart of any improvement process with cuts, service withdrawal and regionalisation causing hardship to those often already disadvantaged.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Everything else
Awful
Listing Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London5 September 2018
Higher management do not care about there staff or moral of the office. They apply pressure at all angles and wonder why they have such a high turn over on staff I wish I never joined!!
Pros
The staff in my office
Cons
Higher management not caring for staff
Moj hq
Project Support Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 September 2018
Workplace culture is not the greatest depending on directorate. The most enjoyable part of the role is knowing you helping vulnerable people. Management are not completely supportive.
Pros
You can work from home
Cons
Not enough support to progress
Helpful Managers with excellent communication skill, a pleasure to work for.
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Neath Port Talbot28 August 2018
There is no typical day with MOJ, the workload varies, lots of different tasks undertaken during the day.
Team Leaders are Team Players, giving staff detailed briefings and very good interaction.
The hardest part of the job was initially understanding legal terminology and practices of a Magistrate Court.
I have enjoyed working with very like minded people that interact with you and enjoy their work.
Pros
Flexible working pattern
Cons
Only temporary roles available in this area
Professional working and good central location
Project Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 August 2018
I worked as a contractor on a very aggressive Windows 10 Deployment across a number of sites, so had to stay calm, assertive and efficient at all times.

Co-workers are friendly from Management to Non-Management staff.
Great
Clerk to Her Majesty Judge (Current Employee) –  London21 August 2018
This is such a great working environment. Great employee perks. It is fast paced and keeps you on your feet. Also great pension package. Thoroughly enjoying it so far.
Work Summary
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 August 2018
Good friendly working environment, staff always willing to help if you have a query. Buffet days, outside work social events also good. A
mixture of calls when answering the phone. A thick skin is required as some of the calls get heated and vocal. Work varied data entry
predominantly
Pros
Central Location
Cons
Some staff talk to much
Not the job your think it is
Ministry of justice (Former Employee) –  Wetherby, West Yorkshire4 August 2018
Awful place to work in HMP only ok if your a manager or a con as no support for over stretched officers absolutely dangerous environment do not join this job gives you mental health problems then there’s no support they want rid of you wen they’ve sucked all the life out of yoy
Pros
Gym
Cons
Long hours no support awful job
Muddled, Unmanaged workplace
National Commercial Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Full Sutton18 July 2018
No format to anything and everything was slapdash. No Management to speak of. Just fighting fires every time something new came in. NO reporting structure in place. Management all ex prison officers without any management training.
Pros
Cons
NO Management, No Structure
Diverse work force
Prison Officer (Current Employee) –  London16 July 2018
Interesting place to work but has its moment of danger to staff. Prisoners do not recile from attacking staff and not a job for any one. However, there offenders who value the work of staff are appreciative of the efforts that staff have put in.
Pros
meeting lots of people
Cons
interesting job , bad organisational skills
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon16 July 2018
Current manager very lacking in all areas
Not a people person, has never done to job yet tries to change/implement new ways of working that do not make sense
Nice environment to work in
Civil Servant (Current Employee) –  Loughborough13 July 2018
The ministry of justice is a nice company to work for, and it is a nice office environment, they also have a lot of advantages such as being able to build flexi time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of Justice. Our community is ready to answer.