Mind Employee Reviews

Awful
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mold23 November 2018
I was patronised and treated like a child. My expenses were covered, but were often late. I was aggravated by the way the staff treated and belittled the volunteers and clients.
Pros
Chance to grow
Cons
Horrible bosses
Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alnwick15 November 2018
The people and customers were a delight to work with. Learned all about the retail aspects of the company. Staff were very approachable if had any issues.
Fun and Engaging
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London2 November 2018
Although I didn't spend a long period of time there, I remember the management being welcoming and open to teach. The staff were lovely, open-minded people who were a privilege to work with. As a work experience placement, I couldn't ask for anywhere better.
Pros
Working with awesome staff
Cons
None I can think of
Good
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea30 October 2018
I've enjoyed volunteering at Mind. They have been a joy to work with and all the other volunteers are chosen wonderfully, The managers are committed and work hard,
Poor Place To Work
Charity Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hobs Moat29 October 2018
within this work place, it was a good start until i heard the manager swearing and it was not pleasant and always use to boss me around in a very bad manner which i did not approve on. Also i was accused of loads of things, and i left.
Pros
nothing
Cons
accused of things and long hours.
Great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Church Street27 October 2018
Very warm environment. Obviously a lot of work to do but very chilled out and interesting to talk to all the customers that com run and sort out all the donations.
Pros
Flexible breaks
Cons
Smelly
Lovely Team, easy to progress
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk16 October 2018
lovely place to work, everybody works together, management help as much as they can. The job itself is relatively easy, the local support is gradually improving due to knowledge of the charity and where the profits for the company go.
Pros
location
Cons
parking is a nightmare
Calm environment
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London12 October 2018
Very helpful and friendly environment to work in.
Not only are the clients looked after very well so are the staff with access to mindfulness classes and others services to keep everyone balanced
Pros
Access to services and help ASAP
Cons
N/a
light-hearted yet productive workplace
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton2 October 2018
I usually work on 2 to 3-hour-shifts, three days a week. As a newcomer to Brighton, this is where I learn about British people and culture. The manager is responsible and helpful, which makes me feel safe and productive. The hardest part of the job is keeping track of all the receipts and number of donations in order to support the manager, and the most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to meet super cool and nice co-workers, and I can have volunteer discounts when purchasing goods in the shop.
Pros
pantry, free snacks and drinks, nice and fresh toilet
Nice job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sheffield28 September 2018
Not a bad job shelf stacking for the Charity, just a shame they wouldn't let me serve on the till which is what I've trained to do.

I did make regular tea and coffee for the staff and managers though, which went down well, they said I make good drinks.
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Evesham, Worcestershire22 September 2018
A typical day would be talking and engaging with others, making drinks and entertaining visitors. I learnt to be understanding and open. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with visitors and ensuring that they were welcomed.
Pros
social, friendly environment
Mind
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Levenshulme21 September 2018
They really helped build my confidence and let me stay on for a lot longer than planned the staff were friendly and met some lovely people along the way was genuinely gutted when my time was up
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Voluntary
productive and fun
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Erdington, West Midlands/kingsheath12 September 2018
Great people who I worked with, worthy cause,Enjoyable work to do, Dealing with Furniture and bric a brac aswell as cd's and dvd's,Going on the van to collect and to deliver furniture was fun, delivering to other mind shops was an enjoyable experience.
Fun and rewarding workplace
Volunteer receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rotherham28 August 2018
Volunteering here is very rewarding but challenging. the only downside is that there are no available funding for myself to have paid work as this is someher i ould work forever.
Pros
Travel expenses paid
Cons
no Jobs going
Absolutely fantastic
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mind Charity Shop18 August 2018
I enjoyed working at the shop as an assistant as it was my first time in my life.

The first day I was very shy and nervous, however, my manager was amazing she helped me to understand everything steps by step.

She helped me to learn how to organize items over the shelf, keep thing upside and keep records of recipients in the secure place so it can be used to pass on to the finance department.

I felt respected and valued as I get to learn English as it's not my first language. It helped me to build my confidence in communications and interacting skills.

I made friends from all kinds of different background such as South African ladies who were volunteers.

I liked the fact that diversity was shining like a sky of beautiful stars.

One of the hardest parts was to deal with customers who don't follow the rules of the shop and start arguing over the till that was very horrible to see that some people are extremely bad in their behaviors and to deal with them I was struggling as I was new that made me feel upset.

Later on, I realize that not everyone is the same I just got used to and ignored those who miss behaved. Carrie on my duties to support customers in buying and selling.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to sort out display area for instance weekly it was my duty to make front area looking attractive and eye-catching. To make it look beautiful I used to decorate with bright clothes and brick and brack.

Overall, I learned excellent teamwork, communication and organizing skills.
Pros
flexibility in working hours and great place to enjoy diversity.
Cons
dealing with rude people and sorting out smelly clothes.
Great organisation
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Coventry17 August 2018
As a volunteer, one is able to have a positive contribution to the development of the service users at the drop in center
The staff are very supportive and there is an uplifting culture, with transformational leadership styles
Excellent place to Volunteer
Volunteer Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire17 August 2018
I really enjoyed Volunteering with Mind, they were very welcoming. I knew who to contact if i needed help with anything and there were a number of volunteer support sessions.
Productive, friendly and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moortown, West Yorkshire16 August 2018
Lovely group of people, very welcoming and nice to be around. Understanding and flexible for shifts, always new friends to make and skills to learn and develop
I loved volunteering here
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Redcar2 August 2018
I enjoyed my time and probably will return very seen so that I can volunteer more, the atmosphere was lovely, enjoyed meeting new people on a daily basis
Great fun
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter30 July 2018
I had so much fun working here it's a place where I really enjoyed my job and the people that worked there as well as the customers and getting to know the regulars
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
No pay