Mind Employee Reviews

Great organisation
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Coventry17 August 2018
As a volunteer, one is able to have a positive contribution to the development of the service users at the drop in center
The staff are very supportive and there is an uplifting culture, with transformational leadership styles
Excellent place to Volunteer
Volunteer Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire17 August 2018
I really enjoyed Volunteering with Mind, they were very welcoming. I knew who to contact if i needed help with anything and there were a number of volunteer support sessions.
I loved volunteering here
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Redcar2 August 2018
I enjoyed my time and probably will return very seen so that I can volunteer more, the atmosphere was lovely, enjoyed meeting new people on a daily basis
Great place
Vol (Former Employee) –  Fareham5 July 2018
Such a good place to volunteer if you have an interesting in mental health or psychology. The staff are so lovely and made me feel so welcome. can only sing praises fo rthis place
Pros
interesting
Cons
can be difficult as working with those who are mentally ill
volunteer at yasp
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 June 2018
i enjoyed my time being a volunteer at one of Manchester' minds services yasp, i gained exierence on how to help service users with mental health illnesses i also had help myself their. its a great environment to be a part of, they are very welcoming
Fun voluntary work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 June 2018
As a volunteer I learnt how to:
- Interacting with children
- Assisting in playgroups
- Raising awareness for the charity by organising events

Which was a very fun experience
Really friendly place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rochdale3 June 2018
This is a really nice place to work as all the staff are really friendly and are willing to help you out with any problems that may arise. There is even a lift if needed
Cons
There is only a limited amount of parking available
great place to work and gain experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London11 May 2018
It was a great experience to work at Mind, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work for this charity, which has such moral qualities. It was a very interesting and rewarding experience.
Nice staff, friendly environment
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Highgate, Greater London25 April 2018
Good management, typical day was being behind the till and doing stock. The shop was well organised and very friendly and helpful to all customers. Would highly recommend working here.
Pleasant Place
Volunteer Stock Processing and Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Lincoln4 April 2018
Not too much to say, the work I did was work experience, and for charity. Nice place to work with a flexible and understanding manager who provided a great working environment.
Doing important work in the community
Workshop Facilitator/Filmmaker (Current Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent25 March 2018
Mind is an important nationwide charity that supports people with mental health issues. Working in a person centred way improves peoples overall wellbeing.
I enjoyed my time at Mind
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Aberystwyth, Ceredigion20 March 2018
I enjoyed my Time at mind, i regularly worked at the cafe and spoke with the visitors, forming a rappore with a large amount of them. This changed my outlook on life.
Good working enviroment
Van Driver PAT Tester (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 February 2018
Everyday had a different challenge going into customers home due to the many different lay outs.
Learning to deal with difficult situations and overcoming them.
A good place to work.
Poor
Networks (Current Employee) –  UK15 January 2018
Mind is a company that has become very corporate and does not role model the values it is built on and sells to the public.
Management is poor and there appears to be many staff who have been promoted above their capability which has led to problems.
There is a problem of bullying within this organisation made all the more worse as Mind does not seem to actually recognize or acknowledge their behaviour is so poor. Majority of staff are white and middle class, full of ambition and self-interest and sit somewhere between the worst aspects of Blairism and Conservatism with no understanding of the client group. Being so hopelessly out of touch, means many well paid staff are not fit for purpose and are simply there to make more of a name for themselves than support real change.
There is no place in Mind to raise questions or challenge and to do so usually means people are isolated, frozen out or leave.
In essence Mind is an establishment organisation that cares more about money.
National Mind does not respect the Local Minds with most decisions geared to benefit the national offices in England and Wales.
Again, any questions or challenge will see the 'difficult' Local Mind frozen out.
There are much more forward thinking organisations to work for than Mind which is mostly now PR designed to attract money.
Trustees appear to be aware of these issues but do nothing, and one imagines they are sitting on the board in the first place for self-interest and advancement.
If you are passionate for change,a free thinker and innovative then Mind will not be the place for you.Do
  more... yourself a favour and work elsewhere.
If you are an Oxbridge graduate,middle class and more in the ilk of Gove or Johnson in your ambition, then you will do really well and might get an OBE at the end for loyalty.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
fun working place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallsend, Tyne and Wear13 November 2017
A fun place for beginners into the workforce, you can learn a lot of new skills and learn to deal with new situations and challenges to start with, you will gain the most from this experience if you have not already worked.
Pros
fun place to work, great staff, friendly atmosphere
Cons
repetative tasks, limited tasks
ok
Charity shop volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kentish Town1 November 2017
the other volunteers are nice and welcoming but majority of the time i was steaming clothes, which can get a bit tiring and exhausting on a hot summers day. however, manager is extremely kind.
fantastic
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield16 September 2017
working with others who work for MIND was an honour. Knowing the good work they do for those with poor mental health is inspiring, and being able to volunteer was an amazing experience.
Simple
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire5 September 2017
Working here is very easy. Till work is included with having to sort out bags of clothes and other items that may or may not be put out into the store depending on how the items look and whether they are able to be sold on
Pros
Lunch break whenever
Cons
Can stay for however many hours you like
Great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kentish Town, Greater London21 August 2017
In my time at Mind, I encountered only passionate and helpful team members, whose enthusiasm for their work was infectious. Working with customers in the store was also a very valuable experience.
excellent workplace
Volunteer Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire26 July 2017
I find working at mind both challenging and rewarding. Management and staff are professional and helpful. Everyone is always friendly and willing to help. An excellent team who all work together. I like helping the service users. They are part of the agency.
Pros
can claim expenses
Cons
unpaid work