Mind Employee Reviews

great place to work and gain experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London11 May 2018
It was a great experience to work at Mind, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work for this charity, which has such moral qualities. It was a very interesting and rewarding experience.
Nice staff, friendly environment
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Highgate, Greater London25 April 2018
Good management, typical day was being behind the till and doing stock. The shop was well organised and very friendly and helpful to all customers. Would highly recommend working here.
Pleasant Place
Volunteer Stock Processing and Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Lincoln4 April 2018
Not too much to say, the work I did was work experience, and for charity. Nice place to work with a flexible and understanding manager who provided a great working environment.
Doing important work in the community
Workshop Facilitator/Filmmaker (Current Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent25 March 2018
Mind is an important nationwide charity that supports people with mental health issues. Working in a person centred way improves peoples overall wellbeing.
I enjoyed my time at Mind
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Aberystwyth, Ceredigion20 March 2018
I enjoyed my Time at mind, i regularly worked at the cafe and spoke with the visitors, forming a rappore with a large amount of them. This changed my outlook on life.
Good working enviroment
Van Driver PAT Tester (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 February 2018
Everyday had a different challenge going into customers home due to the many different lay outs.
Learning to deal with difficult situations and overcoming them.
A good place to work.
Poor
Networks (Current Employee) –  UK15 January 2018
Mind is a company that has become very corporate and does not role model the values it is built on and sells to the public.
Management is poor and there appears to be many staff who have been promoted above their capability which has led to problems.
There is a problem of bullying within this organisation made all the more worse as Mind does not seem to actually recognize or acknowledge their behaviour is so poor. Majority of staff are white and middle class, full of ambition and self-interest and sit somewhere between the worst aspects of Blairism and Conservatism with no understanding of the client group. Being so hopelessly out of touch, means many well paid staff are not fit for purpose and are simply there to make more of a name for themselves than support real change.
There is no place in Mind to raise questions or challenge and to do so usually means people are isolated, frozen out or leave.
In essence Mind is an establishment organisation that cares more about money.
National Mind does not respect the Local Minds with most decisions geared to benefit the national offices in England and Wales.
Again, any questions or challenge will see the 'difficult' Local Mind frozen out.
There are much more forward thinking organisations to work for than Mind which is mostly now PR designed to attract money.
Trustees appear to be aware of these issues but do nothing, and one imagines they are sitting on the board in the first place for self-interest and advancement.
If you are passionate for change,a free thinker and innovative then Mind will not be the place for you.Do
  more... yourself a favour and work elsewhere.
If you are an Oxbridge graduate,middle class and more in the ilk of Gove or Johnson in your ambition, then you will do really well and might get an OBE at the end for loyalty.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
fun working place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallsend, Tyne and Wear13 November 2017
A fun place for beginners into the workforce, you can learn a lot of new skills and learn to deal with new situations and challenges to start with, you will gain the most from this experience if you have not already worked.
Pros
fun place to work, great staff, friendly atmosphere
Cons
repetative tasks, limited tasks
ok
Charity shop volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kentish Town1 November 2017
the other volunteers are nice and welcoming but majority of the time i was steaming clothes, which can get a bit tiring and exhausting on a hot summers day. however, manager is extremely kind.
fantastic
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield16 September 2017
working with others who work for MIND was an honour. Knowing the good work they do for those with poor mental health is inspiring, and being able to volunteer was an amazing experience.
Simple
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire5 September 2017
Working here is very easy. Till work is included with having to sort out bags of clothes and other items that may or may not be put out into the store depending on how the items look and whether they are able to be sold on
Pros
Lunch break whenever
Cons
Can stay for however many hours you like
Great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kentish Town, Greater London21 August 2017
In my time at Mind, I encountered only passionate and helpful team members, whose enthusiasm for their work was infectious. Working with customers in the store was also a very valuable experience.
excellent workplace
Volunteer Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire26 July 2017
I find working at mind both challenging and rewarding. Management and staff are professional and helpful. Everyone is always friendly and willing to help. An excellent team who all work together. I like helping the service users. They are part of the agency.
Pros
can claim expenses
Cons
unpaid work
Overall good
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Leigh-on-Sea, Essex25 July 2017
Friendly and welcoming environment. Flexible hours to fit around general life. Many different tasks to choose from, meaning boredom is avoided. Able to learn that you can gain fulfillment by helping people, not just through earning money.
Pros
gift vouchers at christmas, organised environment, flexible hours
Cons
lack of funding from CEO
productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Canterbury26 June 2017
A typical day consisted of meetings in the morning with your team to discuss different ideas on how to raise to money. Once an idea has been decided, we would start to put the idea into action by either gathering surveys from the public to see if this idea such as a movie night would interest them and if the public responded well to the idea, we would try to set it up by looking for venues, work out costing etc.
all work no rewards
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands24 June 2017
worked as AM. worked harder than the Manager yet didn't get the credit. worked through every lunch hour as no help and never got paid for it. hours different to what was quoted at interview and therefore ended up working most weekends while Manager did rota to her own benefit. If you want minimum wage and no acknowledgement for working your a** off then fine but definately this company is all profit profit profit. unrealistic targets and high pressure to reach them. awful.
Cons
long hours, unpaid overtime, no lunchhour
Friendly and supportive company
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London22 June 2017
A friendly and very supportive company to work for, you are always able to speak to a member of staff if there is any problems. I loved working here .
Pros
fun, supportive, new skills, travel expenses
Cons
unpaid
organized and friendly
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Malling, UK19 June 2017
i have learnt to be an organized and punctual team player. the staff are cheerful and has lots of motivation. it is a nice place to work. it gives you lots of experience. i would recommend doing some volunteering there to anyone.
Pros
experience, confidence, team player (there are lots)
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull8 June 2017
Whilst working here I helped the finance manager with all things relating to the management of the finances including preparing invoices and credit control.
Volunteer post
Volunteer counsellor Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear24 May 2017
I worked with high volume, low intensity, evidence based psychological interventions. However, I do take tools from other models and incorporate them when required. I counsel clients with a variety of issues ranging from anxiety to substance abuse. I have also worked with vulnerable adults that are finding it extremely difficult to live on a day to day basis with their own Mental Health issues. I have experience working autonomously in outreach situations for an IAPT service with low/moderate intensity and high volume clients. I provided initial ongoing assessments and work collaboratively with other service agencies and towards recovery orientated goals. I have excellent communication skills and work well within peer groups and within a multidisciplinary groups.
Pros
voluntary experience