Mind Employee Reviews

loved my job
Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Llanelli14 January 2020
I really enjoyed my time working for llanelli mind. the ethos and values are amazing. the support they offer is invaluable to people. they offer a range of groups and as staff you can ser how it improves the life of others
Pros
management were great, always supportive and understanding.
Cons
pay is just above minimum wage.
Good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire9 January 2020
Friendly staff. Really good to talk to. Nothing wrong with the work place.. You got to have loads off patience. As its really slow. But you do learn new skills and achieve loads more.
I was a Mind peer support volunteer
Mind volunteer (Former Employee) –  Minehead, Somerset6 January 2020
I was a mind volunteer I would create events to raise money and mental health awareness, I enjoyed being able to comfort others who were struggling with a number off mental health problems.

Since I’ve moved I no longer help run the peer group but am still on standby for when my advice is needed
Modern slavery!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 December 2019
I was forced to work alone in a dangerous area of London even after I was attached by a member of the public.
The so called charity request a huge amount of work impossible to do unless you have a large number of volunteers and it is up to you to find them and train them on top of running a large and busy shop.The charity doesn’t care about mental health of their staff or volunteers.

They only care about their mone
Rewarding and Respected
Support Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex29 December 2019
Working here is fun and motivating , it’s a proactive role where you get out what you put in and it’s supporting individuals with mental health issues
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
The pay is low
If your face fits!
Social Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough30 November 2019
Love my job and was good at it. Staff members disappeared without explanation. Senior staff didn't really care. They just chased the contracts at any cost.
fun place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bearwood26 November 2019
i really enjoyed it there i was there for about 1 year. it was hard work but enjoyable. it was really fun. staff are really friendly. drivers are friendly
Working at mind
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brighouse25 November 2019
Working as a volunteer at mind is brilliant. I enjoyed every minute of working there the staff and other volunteers are just great to work along side.
It's okay but unruled
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln24 November 2019
Enjoyed being here when an older guy who is a volunteer isn't there who thinks he is a boss and tries to pull everyone down to this naratisc ways, also rude and vulgar on the shop floor,

Otherwise it's a nice place to work when he's not there, don't expect management to anything about the issues though
Will save your life.
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley23 November 2019
This organisation is by far the best in the country. The Barnsley site NEVER turned away anyone who was in need.
The managers and staff all helped each other and the correspondence between Rotherham and Barnsley is great.
Unfortunately though, Barnsley council dicided to take funding away from them so they could not continue this fantastic work. However, still going and helping people. Great place to gain experience
a really fun place to work
Charity Shop Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Leyland19 November 2019
mind is a really good place to work and it is reasonably fun to work there i would recommend anyone who is looking for a unpaid part time job to come and work at mind you can get a cup of tea or a coffee there is a radio both on shop floor and in back unfortunately because we don't have the money there isn't a radio upstairs but if you like listening to music during work there is a radio in the shop floor and in the back and also now and again we do get some biscuits that we can eat
Not good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater London18 November 2019
Bully culture prevails with no back up or support from above, just criticism and attitude of leave if you dont like it here.
Surprisingly little support for stress
work experience
Care worker (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire11 November 2019
Completed work experience here and it was a lovely place with amazing workers who are passionate and caring about the work they are doing for people. I loved doing work experience here.
Good for CV
Voluntary sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 November 2019
The managers their were very nice and it was a very relaxed workplace so there wasn't much pressure on you. The only reason I disliked working there as there was never much to do.
Brilliant
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Belper4 November 2019
Volunteer work but really enjoyed it sometime u can be rushed off your feet other time it can be slow and it’s good when you get to know all the shoppers
A thoroughly different aspect of my working life that I thought I would never have done.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich31 October 2019
I really enjoyed working at mind as a volunteer ,The manager is a hard working individual and she has taught me a lot about working in retail although I have yet alot more to learn. The staff are a hard working team who enjoys each other's company
Being at mind has given me more confidence than when I started there., meeting other people is important and I would love to work as a paid partime member of staff.
Encouraging
Senior Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire & Ross on Wye29 October 2019
Mind Counselling work with vulnerable, edge of society people & they offer excellent supervion. Being an inclusive organisation, the work could be challenging at times.
Pros
Caring, encouraging
productive
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Blaby, Leicestershire27 October 2019
there was always things to do, everyone there was really nice and caring. i felt very welcomed and safe. they helped me to learn new skills and gain more social skills.
It's really productive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex23 October 2019
I am the assistant manager for mind and I do the paperwork at the end of the day also I stock the shop floor and give the shop floor a good clean to keep it tidy. I rotate the stock every two weeks to keep on top of things so it looks good for the regional manager when she comes to the shop. I also take the takings over to the bank as well. It's a good job but it doesn't pay enough.
Relaxed and friendly ambience
Support Worker (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Heacham, Norfolk16 October 2019
I am in a voluntary support worker role with people bordering on dementia with Mind at their day care centre in Heacham.
Role includes mental stimulation activities IE, card playing, dominoes, jigsaws, bingo and involvement in group discussions.
I have been in this role with Mind 3+yrs.
A typical day would involve greeting service users, helping with seating, tea & coffee making with biscuits, reading newspapers, kitchen cleaning after meals and at end of day seeing service users safely in vehicles returning them home. General tiding duties, emptying bins and securing premises.
Pros
Comfortable relaxed ambience, drinks and free lunch