Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom38 reviews
Healthcare Industry
Regardless of your specific role in the healthcare industry, everything you do will play some part in helping people. Working in healthcare allows me to nurture my desire to help others.
Good experience
Nice place for new starter Co workers very good. Parking difficult, salary good. All departments are very superb.. everything good when you are good
Fun workplace
A friendly place to work with a great team.
My role is varied working across media engagement, internal communications, stakeholder engagement, marketing, event management and organisation and support to operational divisions to support their ongoing development and improvement.

Have also had the opportunity to get involved in system change across the local health economy.
Secured job
Secured job ,but the new management is rubbish. The think only to budget not to patient's and staff. I feel like in communism. If you Express your opinion the cut off you overtime ,racism. This are me fillings ,possibly to be wrong, I only Express my opinion.
Fast paced, patient focused, team work, customer service
Working at the hospital in a busy, fast paced department makes my typical day satisfying, knowing that I am there to assist everyone that comes to the reception desk whether it be for directions, to escorting to wards/departments, or just talking to lonely people who just want to have a chat
Lovely Team
I enjoyed my time working at the hospital, it can be stressful at times, but it makes it more enjoyable.
Friendly people, can at times be hard working in a small office.
Good Work place
Got enough experience and knowledge by working here. Got an experience to get in to the good opportunity. Good employee and employer relations. Good Team work.
Extremely good
I’m enjoying working at Milton Keynes university hospital the management is great and the staffs and even the patient are very respectful ,working there is a blessing
Needed work
Within my positions at MKUH my work/life balance was very poor and ended up with me being ill. Under new management I am aware the issues I had have been resolved and are great places to work for.
Pros
good maternity
Cons
poor work life balance
Too many suits just waiting for their pensions.
Very clicky amongst the suits, who negatively dominate the nursing/caring staff, in their bid to cut budgets and bring on their own career advancement. This impacts the morale and wellbeing of nursing/caring staff who do their best not to let it impact the patients.
Get rid of the suited cling ons!
Varied, productive workplace
Milton keynes university hospital was a very good company to work for. With a wide variety of jobs even within the domestic department. Whether you worked in pathology or on a ward. Very rewarding work.
Pros
Patient liason
Cons
Not enough hours
Political and discriminatory
Very political to work in the hospital, too much gossips. Managers are not very helpful sometimes.
some good colleagues and hard working people. Its a very discriminatory place to work
Pros
free parking
Not great.
Not supported when fell ill. I fact threatened with being put off. Caught tb from ward due to wards neglect and communication issues. Gp blood test result also cleared from system.. So had no way off taking further.
HR refused to work with union and Citizen advice also said wouldn't take on nhs.
Pros
Job role, tasks
Cons
Bad management, miscommunications, bad organisation on certain wards
productive work place
Good place to develop your professional career.
Easy to learn new skills.

Approachable management team.

Often short of staff.

Difficult to handle long shifts and personal life.

Very good team.
Cons
very long shifts no compatible with family life
Good place to work in
I enjoy working there because it is not far away and the people I work with are really good
I like the job as it includes talking with people too, which keeps me happy all the time
Very busy environment
Absolutely loved my job when I was there as it was so varied but left due to the toxic enviroment and bullying issues by management. Met some really lovely people though.
Pros
Varied workload
Cons
Very high turnover of staff in department
Great place to work. I enjoy it. I learnt a lot and the management is good. There was nothing hard about working here in my opinion. I would recommend it.
Fast paced.
A typical day consisted of dealing with Patients every day needs e.g. washing them, feeding them, giving them their medication, making them comfortable.
Pros
Working with the team.
Cons
Fast paced as many Patients - not enough staff.
Secure job
Days are never the same and always busy. Often no time even for a coffee. Love liaising with patients and helping them with their difficulties and problems. The hardest part is juggling conflicting priorities and constant interruptions.
Pros
security
Cons
Management's unrealistic expectations
Great work environment
I have had over 2 year experience at MKUH and they have supported me throughout the years. It has been great working as a staff nurse but I feel like I need a change and want new challenges.
Pros
Provides training
Cons
Great place to work generally with loads of developments happening.
It's a good place to be with great potential of growth and increase.
Meetings,

Clinics,

Liaising with external stakeholders such as the trial centre, and other trusts.
Pros
A fast growing hospital due to increse in population of MK City.
Cons
Lack of space. Not sure if it has been resolved.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Job Title