Millie's Cookies Employee Reviews

Stressful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom28 November 2019
The Management at the place I worked at was very good to the point where I think the person above her took advantage of her , very toxic and unnecessary,
Poor!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 November 2019
Diabolical owners who spoke to you like you were dirt on their shoe, poor shift management, seemed like no one had a clue what they were doing. I had a someone who had work there about 4 weeks train me! A very high turnover of staff. Rota was given out days/hours before shifts were expected to be worked for example given on on a sat/sun for the following Monday. Not flexible with shifts if you have children. had me down for a shift with 11 hours to find childcare, explained I couldn’t find anyone & owner spoke to me so disrespectful. Told me not to bother turned up for my shift & didn’t pay me for the last 2 weeks work I had already done. Do not work for this company, more hassle that it’s actually worth
shop assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London2 June 2019
I serve the customers with respect and i am very friendly and helpful towards them.

mostly my role is to bake the cookies,

as a team member we all help each other when it comes to dealing with cleaning and washing at the end of the shift.

we prepare for the next day when it comes to dealing with the baking side and making sure the coffee and milk are available for the next shift in the morning.
Pros
benefits was discount for staff to take 2 cookies and a drink for the day
Cons
not enough hours
didn't get paid on time, poor management,
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside19 May 2019
people had wages held, dirty shop, poor management. had no leadership or support and if till was down you was expected to put out your own pocket. didn't get any holidays, i wouldn't bother applying as found the experience stressful
Pros
decorating cookies
Cons
everything apart from decorating cookies
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 March 2019
I enjoyed working here as the skills I learnt will be with me for life and it got me by pay wise. I learnt to be quick on my feet and the management was nice and professional.
Cons
Salary wasn't great
Culture of bullying
Store Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2019
I left SSP (Millie's Cookies) after I was bullied by management. When I made a formal complaint and raised detailed concerns with HR, instead of it being dealt with appropriately, I was given a generic response and the manager I complained about ended up being given a copy of my complaint and confronted me before yelling at me "How dare you accuse me of bullying you!".

After this, my shifts were reduced from 40 hours a week to my contracted 4 hours and over the next four months, I was given arbitrary disciplinary hearings, all of which never went any further because they were without evidence.
I left soon afterwards.

Their official policy on dealing with bullying looks good but it's never actually followed.

Overall, it was one of the worst places I've ever worked.
Pros
Locations were easy to get to
Cons
Everything else
good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge12 September 2018
Millie's cookies is a good place to work with semi decent hours. You get the chance to work in a team with other members of staff. on a typical day you would be expected to serve customers along side baking fresh cookies and putting them out.
Woooo
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 July 2018
Loved woking at Millie's Cookies! was great staff whilst I was there between the years of 2013-2015. Would highly recommenced working there as the staff are friendly.
Management Needs Work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire10 July 2018
Enjoyed the role of serving customers, decorating cookies, baking, etc but found the management was badly run. Manager only present in shop max once a week, shifts ill-planned, bad management of employee conflict. Shop was filthy and not up to industry standard.
Busy work environment.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cambridge13 May 2018
Having only briefly experienced this workplace, I would say that overall, the job itself was quite stressful and packed, with me being thrown into the deep end working on the store front immediately.

A typical day at this workplace involved me getting straight to work, serving customers and working on the till. It was important for me to have good customer service and attitude, and I feel like my experience only improved these skills for me.

In my opinion, the hardest part of the job was at the beginning of my experience. Having no real work experience in a real life working environment, I was very nervous and stressed when thrown onto the front line of work. This made me feel very anxious and made me dislike the job. With this being said, as I progressed, this part of the job became familiar to me and I began to enjoy the customer experience.

The pay wasn't the best and I found it difficult to live off of the income I received, only able to work 1-2 days a week.

Overall, this was a good 'first' job for me, but I chose to terminate my time there after a brief experience because I wanted to focus more on my studies, as I found it difficult to balance college work with my job.
Pros
Employee closeness
Cons
Low pay, little work experience/guidance
slave labor
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  shop15 April 2018
one grade up from the worst job you could every have wages are poor hours are long again mostly employ kids into do the job so they can keeps the wages low all goods are frozen so its just a thank less job with no reward or ambition dead end job
Pros
no on the dole
Cons
everything
stressful
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire20 September 2017
There is no typical day at my current job each day is different because different things get done on different day
It has its ups and downs.
The management isn't as friendly as it could be
Pros
Near Home
Enjoyable workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge24 July 2017
Millie's cookies was a fun and enjoyable place to work, i would reccomend working here as i gained alot of skills in different roles here and everyone was really helpful.
Poorly ran company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 July 2017
Company did not care from top to bottom, hard to succeed with in a work environment where your manager or area manager to not care about their jobs. The company make it feel like staff are just a number and not a person.
Amazing
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 June 2017
Millie's is a fantastic and fun place to work however wages poor and management sometimes poor. Have had 5 different managers in 1 year. Day to day there will usually be 2/3 members of staff on so everyone must get along well. Often left to work alone in the morning and evening so must be organised and able to balance time well to ensure all tasks are done. Icing and decorating is the most fun and isn't as hard as it looks.
millies cookies
Team leader (Former Employee) –  blackburn12 September 2016
management was great, always happy, hardest party was getting everything ready in a morning on your own. workers was fab to work with, normaly day was nice and easy always had a good day.
good
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Merry Hill13 May 2016
Good place to work, could use more hours though. Management are great and it's a very interesting place to work, plenty of room for progression
an ejoyable place to work, each day was slightly different.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woking, ENG12 November 2015
During my time at Millie's Cookies I learnt lots of new skills and when the team leader left I stepped up and acted as the team leader, I had the second sets or keys, opened and cashed up the shop at the end of the day, helped my manager with stock takes etc... I took on extra responsibility and thrived off of it.
Pros
bonuses that we recieved when meeting targets, these were up to 50p extra per hour.
Cons
i always ended up doing extra hours unpaid as hours got cut, we could simply not complete all the daily tasks as we would regularly be lone working
At the time a productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woking10 November 2015
I learnt the most skills working at Millie's than I had at previous roles as I was given wider opportunities where I was taught new transferable skills from other staff members and management.
good employer overall
supervisor (Former Employee) –  newcastle8 October 2015
Good employer. Good work environment. slightly lacking in training of staff. Easy job with enjoyable tasks. I enjoyed my time at this company