Millets Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex16 August 2019
Obtained a number of skills working within this workplace. Worked well within a group environment and built my confidence up when working and interacting with people.
fun and energetic place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells4 August 2019
i thought it was a really good experience to work within a company that sells outdoor gear for duke of edinburgh and i got a good insight of the company and how it communicates with its customers
Not very supportive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester25 May 2019
The manager of the store is not very supportive or able to exert his authority in the correct way.

I learnt how to use the till and about customer service.

In my opinion, not a great place to work. The salary is not very good, only just above minimum wage.
Was an Okay place to work for, however wasnt valued
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire10 March 2019
Millets for me was an okay place to work, was a place that I was around the things I love (walking, camping). however, the company does not value you as a person but more like a number. the company personally lied to me and my staff about our job status after our store entered close down process, resulting in me being made redundant. would not recommend to those under 18 as the wage is minimum and a lot more work is expected of you.
Pros
Very Good Discount, Some staff were lovely to work with.
Cons
Minimum Wage, Unfair work load. Not valued
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire20 January 2019
Sometimes quiet sometimes busy. But a fun place to work. Always something to do whether its delivery standards restocking cleaning or training/product knowledge on the ipad. We all chip in and help each other working well together.
Always something new to learn and further your knowledge in the products. Customer service is the most important part of our job making sure each customer is greeted with a smile and served with great customer service. If we can't find your size in store we can find it on the kiosk!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, UK7 December 2018
Good place to work for, motivated team and always busy. Learned a lot about the products and gained new skills to use in work since. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Overtime.
Cons
None.
Excellent Company to work for.
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temporary Job) (Former Employee) –  Southend, On, CA30 November 2018
A typical day at Millets consisted of stacking shelves and rotating stock whenever it was winter, summer, autumn or spring time. Every Friday you would have to unpack deliveries as well as help customers with their enquiries into certain products.
I learned more about time-keeping to arrive on time for work and how to make up for lost time at work if necessary.
The management and the staff I worked alongside were very polite and often helped out if I had a problem.
The most enjoyable part about the job was that you got to help a lot of people who needed help. Sometimes they didn't need the help, but you often pointed them in the right directions for what they needed, It also helped boost my confidence as well.
Pros
Depending on your shift, you normally got a hour break.
Cons
N/a
eh not the best!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North West22 November 2018
terrible manager! always getting things wrong and blames everyone but their self
the work that is completed is never enough pushes their tasks onto others
Pros
discount
Cons
manager, pay & The work you do is never appriciated
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire3 September 2018
The most enjoyable part about working at millets the interaction with the public and helping them with all there camping and outdoor needs from tents to footwear.
Pros
The environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sudbury27 August 2018
Very good retail focused companhy very fair and a great team in general .
Lots of scope to work hard, great team and I enjoyed every day .
Moved to advance myself
Pros
Staff, Fun, Culture
laid back easy work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire29 January 2018
a typical day at millets would be mainly ensuring the clothes were all correctly folded with the occasional customer to serve. The hours were not too regular, as there were too many employees for the amount needed.
Millets - Plymouth
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon1 November 2017
Overall, the company and its business style is good, but the pay is not so good. They do offer 35% discount off all partner stores. I stayed for the people.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad salary
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire26 October 2017
the company is a great place to work the staff are fun and great to work with. the store itself has many things that i hadn't heard of and it was enjoyable finding out what they were used for

also i gain valuable customer skills whilst work with the company.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
its a productive workplace
Retail sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe17 October 2017
my duties at millets included cleaning the shop, putting stock out, meeting customer standards, delivery, til use, meeting and greeting customers and delivering customer service to a high standard. I learned how to work in a team and alone, i have developed my social and communication skills, i know how to deliver customer service to a high standard. the workplace was a small yet busy environment, everyone was always busy serving customers, putting stock out, sorting delivery, cleaning and the management do the same as us but much more such as paperwork etc. I found parts of the job difficult but I learned quickly how to do them. I like being apart of a fun working team and meeting store and customer standards.
great to be part of a team
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire13 September 2017
my time in store has been amazing due to the team i work with. I progressed quickly from sales assistant to supervisor and this gave me a lot more responsibility but i felt completely confident in my own decisions because store, area and higher management are very supportive. the hardest part of the job is balancing the work load with assuring we are giving the best service around. its all about prioritising the customer. The part i enjoy most is that every day is different, the basics are the same but the array of people you meet is vast. Hearing about a family's camping trip to Wales, to a student travelling to Peru, the stories are endless.
Cons
minimum pay
Fun workplace
Part times sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge17 July 2017
I have worked here for three years and have always felt comfortable and happy in my job here. The staff I have worked with have always been lovely and I have got on well with them. Serving customers on specialised products is also very rewarding as you spend a lot of time with them getting exactly what they need.
I have always felt valued as an employee.
Lacking in support for new managers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Southsea12 July 2017
A good company to work for when I first joined, however the company was taken over by JD Sports and became a little corporate after this. When I was made Store Manager, the salary was way below what I expected, and due to staff budget constraints and the large workload myself and the team were expected to work additional hours with no reward or incentive.
The great team behind me made the whole job worthwhile, however.
Bad company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire13 May 2017
I have worked at a number of place over the years and found this to be the worse ever, there is insufficient training for branch managers and little to no support from your superiors. The hours are long and goal posts are constantly moved. There is a very poor work/life ratio and the pay is minimum, no time and a half or double pay for any new staff on bank holidays etc
Pros
30% discount in JD Sports Group
Cons
long hours, no support, poor communication from area managers/HO
Stepping stone
Co-Supervisor and Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakewell, Derbyshire3 May 2017
Great place to work depending on the manager.
Worked there for nearly 3 years and I believe that may have been to long as I never felt progression within the company. Can be fairly mundane when the custom isn't there alot of the involves tidying the store and doing standards within the shop.
Good place to go as a student or part time work but as a career i wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Unique location
Cons
not enough pay for the task at hand
Fun place, excellent
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire10 April 2017
Busy days, me incharge of delivery, I learnt to be excellent in customer service, till operations, cash handling, management very fair, hardest part is stock taking long job, most enjoyable is deliveries.
Pros
Busy days.
Cons
Stock take