Millennium Hotels & Resorts

Millennium Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews
Overall a decent company to work for, you face the same situations and personalities you would in any job that involves working with the public. However in my experience its the people here that make the job, the team really are this hotels shining star. Management are supportive without micro managing. The main thing this hotel is fast space and isnt a place for slackers. If you want to work here you have to give it your all.
Not recommended, it might be better for you to look for another company rather than Millennium.

Short breaks, untrained staff, high turnover of staff and the management.

Salary is below living wage. Unfair workforce.
Essendo un Hotel di 833 stanze in zona 1 a Londra era sempre molto affollato, questo significava che il lavoro da svolgere era impegnativo (non nel senso di difficile, in quanto se si ha la buona volontà si impara molto velocemente) ma nel senso di lavorare assiduamente per alcune ore ed essere costretti a posticipare la propria pausa pranzo per esempio.
Nonostante tutto, sono molto contenta ad aver avuto la possibilità di lavorare in un posto del genere, continuamente a contatto con gente proveniente da tutti i continenti, sia per quanto riguarda i colleghi di lavoro che per i clienti dell'hotel.

Questa esprienza lavorativa mi ha aiutata a migliorare, oltre che conoscenza della lingua inglese, anche la capacità di lavorare in situazioni di stress e di essere flessibile ed adattarmi alle esigenze lavorative o a diversi orari lavorativi a volte. Ad essere veloce e precisa allo stesso tempo nel svolgere i miei compiti, aumentare l'autostima e la fiducia in me stessa e anche la soddisfazione ad essere in grado di fare il proprio lavoro correttamente.

In conclusione, consiglierei questa esperienza a chiunque voglia mettersi in gioco proprio come ho fatto io, in quanto posso dire mi abbia aiutata a crescere sia personalmente che professionalmente (quando dopo 10 mesi lavorando come Receptionist, ho chiesto il trasferimento per poter lavorare in ufficio/Back Office, una soddisfazione personale ad esserci riuscita e ad avere avuto l'approvazione per poterlo fare). Tutto questo percorso ha agevolato lo svliluppo di aumentare il grado di responsabilità, la capacitò di empatia e problem
 - more...
Colleagues were very kind and some of the managers too. Very low payment and stressful environment. Sometimes I had to work over 12 hours. Almost never had free weekends finished very late every night.
General company culture is poor with people who shout the loudest getting further than people that are actually good at their job.

-Various changes have seen several global roles moved from London to Singapore which has meant communication within departments has been very fractured and unorganised. With most of the day to day work being carried out by the London team with no real recognition or acknowledgement.

It became a regular occurrence for the London team to asked to create new strategies for global, only for us to be completely shut out on implementation or execution even though this was supposed to be within our remit.

-Senior Management would regularly bully staff and external agencies including refusing to pay agencies unless they carried out extra work for free.

-HR was a mixture of people who didn't want to help employees and people who were unable to due to the company setup. For example, they are unable to share exit interviews with other regional HR teams due to data protection laws, even though most of our team report into people outside of the UK.

-D&I is severely lacking, I had several issues with this during my time at MHR and the response given from HR was laughable and never really taken seriously.

Compared to other department & industry standards, the salary was pretty good but it still not worth the terrible company culture.

Overall, after having to work with all of the regional teams and hotels, it became clear that the toxic work environment was just the MHR way, encouraged by senior management at all levels in every region. Would
 - more...
Pros
High turnover means that you can work you way up through the company very quickly.
Cons
Blame culture, lack of communication, heavy reliance on external agencies for day to day work.
Very poor culture where there is no collaborative effort or a set direction. The focus is one of bullying subordinates and then blaming them for the General Managers and VPs short comings
lovely people to work with but the organisation could be better and have better core values. pay was in line with what it should of been for most employees
Great place to work only for the railway taken back part of the hotel that was on lease for majour development I would still be there the management was as sad as I was they had to let me go but when you lose 40 rooms its a big loss regarding meals
The things that I enjoy most is that my job always allow me to meet new people from around the world, sure it gets busy and it can be tiring but it doesn’t matter when you are doing things you like.
Doing this job I have learned how difficult can be dealing with people complaints and sometimes balancing life at work with personal life but It definitely allowed me to grow personally and work wise and made me a stronger person
Would only suggest working here if you need something to keep you going to get a actual good job that treats you well. Be expected to be paid min wage even for night shift, also you will get free lunch during the night shift, when actually that food was made up between 8-12 hours before you started your shift as the food given to you actually is the left-over food from the tours.

You’ll be expected to work so much and so hard for little thanks and be expected to work also in other departments area even when they have their own staff available. For setting up the function rooms you will have to bring tables and chairs from their swimming pool which is a health & safety risk, due to having no lights in the old abandoned swimming pool area, so you have to make sure you are extremely careful when being in that area. The chefs etc do not wear hair nets also within the kitchen so there's that also. Be expected to be verbally abused from your supervisor.

Just give yourself a favour and Avoid working there or eating there for that matter.

Pros

Some really nice staff members and of course it’s a job

Cons

Working there in general.
It’s a good place to start your career and learn, gain some experience in the hospitality industry. You have the opportunity to work different departments within the hotel, therefore you will earn more experience along your way.
Not great organisation, great staff, staff food isn't bad, serving some celebrities and football players, competitions (sommelier, cocktails, etc) within the company with great prizes for the winner
Been working for M&CH for about 7 years.
In 2012 thanks to a great Head of Events in one of the Hotels based in SW London I had the chance of learning everything I know now.

However once this Head of Events left the venue, there hasn't been any other great manager since.

Poor interest in staff training, very much underpaid, only preferred employees will progress within the company, it is not a meritocratic system.

Will never work for a Singaporean chain ever again as the whole focus is centered on profit and not quality.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
no meritocracy, profit preferred over quality, very low salary.
Worked in Glasgow. Higher management treat staff like s**t on there shoes. So much wrong in Hotel yet Management are oblivious to it. GM has no day to day involvement ops manager has no people skills with staff or guests.
Pros
Cons
Get breaks taken from pay wither taken or not
When I started at the company, all was good.
But when a refurbishment began, the manager created a hostile environment and staff began leaving as soon as possible because of the way the job was being run.
Pros
Free lunch, tea / coffee
Cons
Bad work atmosphere
ambiente dinamico con possibilità di crescita lavorativa.
A night shift would start with me finishing up with any check-ins that are left, provide warm welcomes to customers and people just visiting the bar. Complete any paperwork left from the day teams handover, update guest profiles once it hit's 11pm and the evening staff leave the night is in charge of any cars during the night, concierge and housekeeping duties on top off our normal duties. Rest of the night provide check-out for any guests who decide to check-out early. Working here i've learned to improve my communication skills and how to deal with different people from around the world for example some of our guests don't speak the best of english so I try to help and make things as simple as possible. I've also been able to gain experience in dealing with multiple people, any complaints that may occur. Management help provide a good working environment, great staff for during the night. As i've mentioned with management my workplace culture is great being able to work with great people all friendly, we function as a team makes things more comfortable knowing that I can rely on them if I need them. Hardest part of my Job is that amount of people sometimes even though we have a night team it is very small compared to the day team, so we have to be able to function swiftly at any given moment. Most enjoyable part of my job, getting the chance to meet people from all over the world and being able to talk to them, learn new things, why they came to this hotel or even London.
Pros
Free food made by the night chef
Cons
Long hours, travel distance
Our client a London based university require an experienced Facilities Manager to take responsibility for the day to day operation of the building and other leased properties...
Not bad work atmosphere. There you can get good costumers service experience. Not really motivated salary. Opportunity to growth up. Friendly managers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard rota
It was a my first work experience in the UK.
Overall it was a good experience, I learned immensely with all my co-workers and management team. Being a very hectic hotel in terms of check ins/outs allowed me to solidified my overall skills.
我覺得在這間公司實習的時候,可以學習到很多做人處事的態度,因為是在新加坡所以面對不同種族的人民時需要不同的接待方式,公司也安排訓練員工各種職場課程。
Pros
住宿租金有幫忙