Miki Travel Limited Employee Reviews

"My Worst Employment Experience EVER"
FIT Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 April 2018
I worked at Miki Travel full-time (More than a year)

Weak Poor Management allows supervisors to take control of staff Supervisors you report to - are in charge and are authoritarian, rude and unprofessional Everyone is stressed due overload of work High staff turnover- check out all other reviews No incentives No Rewards Very old(DOS) from the 80s in house system which is cumbersome - together with poor training equals a nightmare

Advice to Management
Do not dismiss complaints or allow people to train and supervise others - especially if there is "history" and when you have had numerous complaints from their staff/team previously about their behaviour and attitude. Most companies would take the appropriate disciplinary action or at minimum investigate and conduct a grievance and take the ongoing allegations more seriously.
Pros
Small Gym, Free coffee and Tea
Cons
Old management style and old system
Official response from Miki Travel Limited
10 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We welcome all feedback to help improve the working environment at MIKI.

It is difficult to comment on your review without further detail about your specific situation, while you were with us. However we would never pay staff to write reviews – this would be unacceptable business conduct. We are instead listening to feedback and making concerted efforts to enhance the overall work experience here. Staff are considered for promotions twice a year based on performance and appraisals, and we are delighted that many progress quite quickly and develop their careers with us.

We do appreciate that everyone has a different perspective on their work experience and we respect that, hence why we like to respond to all comment whether good or bad.We would welcome more specific information regarding your experience. Please contact us at hr.uk@group-miki.com. If not, then we wish you well for the future.

The worst job ever in London
Contracts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London19 February 2018
Avoid working for this company. Lack of management, no training at all. Old-fashioned computer system from the 80´s with tasks so repetitive. No career progression at all altough they promise you posibilities to grow. They will kick you quickly if you don´t get on well with department manager even with no reason.
Pros
nothing
Cons
No microwaves to heat your food?
Official response from Miki Travel Limited
12 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we value your feedback. We recognise that our computer systems are old, that said they have remained a very reliable global platform for us. We are looking at how we can improve workflow and systems for the future, to improve. We regularly advertise vacancies internally and support internal moves and promotion opportunities exist within your Department. We are keen to improve the overall work experience at MIKI and appreciate your comments. We wish you every success for the future.

Boring
Contracts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London8 August 2017
Sitting down all day on a computer actioning emails on a concentration camp! Old style management that have preferences on members of staff only for being friends. Bad training program and bad trainers. The blame game is very quickly played. There is not a team atmosphere
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad management style
very productive and busy
Hotel Booking Clerk (Former Employee) –  London2 January 2014
• Hotel reservation for Leisure & business to UK and Ireland, Egypt, Greece and Istanbul.
• Contacting hotels by telephone to achieve a quick response, sending reconfirmation faxes whilst paying attention to detail. Also dealing with amendments, cancellation, book outs and tour reports within 24 hour resolution. Checking all correspondence from the hotel with rates and conditions. Processing conference and banqueting request as well

I learnt to organise and time manage my work to meet deadline whilst woking under pressure.

The hardest part of the job was resolving bookouts during high season.

What is most enjoyable is working with your collegues and attending hotel events and educationg yourseld with what you are selling.
Pros
excess hours built can be used for holiday
Cons
long hours during high season