MiHomecare Limited

MiHomecare Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom142 reviews
I was really stressed while working at Mihomecare, the salary for a manager was poor and no benefit. I will never work for that company again, it is very bad environment
Launched in at the deep end with little training. Poor support, poor management. Hardworking carers not appreciated, often going above and beyond, very long hours. Concerns are ignored, expected to work in very stressful situations throughout pandemic. No point complaining, senior staff all related. Dreadful employer, working conditions awful. We were all instructed to write positive reviews to attract more people to join the company
Pros
Clients are lovely
Cons
Long hours, no support, no breaks, no respect.
Have no problems really. When first started was up at 530 am to get to first call 15 minutes away for 645 am. The last call was at same place at the end of morning shift and start and end of evening shift. I would get home about 10.30 pm with a 2 hour gap for lunch. You work on average 14 days a month and have the rest off. 3 days on 1 day off 3 days on then 3 off 1 on 3 off. Including petrol if you have a full day you take home £100 a day roughly. Some days go smoothly and some there can be a lot of pooh envolved. Learn how to boil an egg or make porridge before you apply and turning on of appliances without a remote woukd akso be handy to know. Do your job get paid simples.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Long days
The communication with this company is absolutely shocking.. When pointed out BAD manual handling techniques were being used and trained to new people that have joined! (which I would say there are constantly new people start and leaving ) raised concerns and obviously. Nothing was done about it.. These people that are new need to be trained the right way not the wrong way! Massive click in this company also and they like to encourage people to date each other.. Specially if your tell higher up you fancy someone.. Also Dating agency too for all you single peeps out there.
Standard of care given ain't great.. Not even reaches the basic standard..

Staff member have bad attitudes and speak to clients with disrespect. Specifically office staff they have the best attitude of all! This company will promise you everything that you want.. And then boom! Total opersite of what you can do!

You also get ignored by supervisors, care planners and people in office.

This is my second time of being in this place and it's got worse since then.

Seeking alternatives as we speak!

Grass ain't greener on the other side all the times guys, but it's definitely hands down greener that this glittery peice of sh**t
Pros
Easy job to get.. Something must be wrong with you if you dont get a job!
Cons
Everything about the company.. Should not be running
penny pinchers
Get paid per minute not per hour, poor mileage rates, last minute calls added without knowledge.

Long long shifts 7am - 11pm and only get paid average of 8 hours of that
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Since starting ive had no issues. The work is satisfying, everything is well planned and there is enough time to go from call to call. If any problems arise they are dealt with professionally and quickly by management. Im happy im with MiHomecare as have worked with other companies before now and by far this current company is better in every way
Pros
Constant support from Management
Cons
Long hours but copable
Worked here for years the staff were unsupportive the whole time the hours were ridiculous, 15 hour days 4 days a week for around £280 pay a week, only 25p a mile after your first client, only claim travelling to work after driving over 15 miles to your first client. Easy to get the job you don't need any experience and the training was only 3 days, if you don't work extra hours you are the enemy.
Clients were lovely sometimes annoyed with how the office staff treated them, i would not recommend working here. You will always be just a number.
Pros
Cons
everything
Very helpful staff, amazing carers, even when I had to leave due to personal reasons I was still welcomed back when I needed too with no issues, branch manager was very supportive!
Pros
Good pay, friendly, flexible
Highly recommend working for this company, in my experience, well organised, high level of communication and team work between office staff and co worker's, work life balance, better rates of pay ,high level of commitment to provide a quality fulfilled lives service to service users . First job I've ever worked in where efforts are made to show staff they are appreciated and valued and positive staff motivation and team building is forefront. I wear my uniform with pride!
Pros
Work life balance, better rates of pay
Cons
Can never have too much training
as a carer it is very rewarding, managers and supervisor are great they listen and care about the staff and clients after 20 years in care mihomecare is one of the best company's I have worked for staff are very friendly and supportive
Pros
very supportive
Cons
I’ve been working at the Ammanford branch for 6 months now, and having worked for other companies I can say that this one is totally different!
All training was paid for at min wage, the days I stated I’m available are the days I work, no pressure. When I had to call in sick for a few days the office staff were compassionate & not pushy in any way, only wanted me back when I was ready. Supervisors are outstanding with communication & helpfulness with regard to us carers and the care we give to clients, and rate of pay is well above area average.

In short, I think if you’re a team player then you’ll be happy at MiHomecare, I am & look forward to going to work now 😊
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Not found any yet
I have worked for the company for a year now, and I love it!! management are approachable and will always help when they can, all staff, supervisors etc are lovely, clients are friendly. Pay is good, always seem to take home more than I expect, nothing seems too much trouble. I hope to stay with this company for many years to come. The days are long, but the company are flexible and understand we have lives outside of work.
Pros
Approachable and friendly
Cons
I have worked for them for a few years now and am happy with the hours I have. I was asked for my availability and can work extra if needed. The office do phone quite alot to ask me to pick up extra work but if I can't I just say no and this is accepted.
Pros
Pay
During my first week working at Mi-homecare I was excited to be working in the care industry & eager to learn and work with great care givers and clients.
     After going through "paid training" And completing my first shift I realised this would not be the case.

As a carer you would be expected to start at 6.30am and work through until 10.00pm, sometimes without a full break. If that isn't bad enough, You do not even get paid fully for those hours as you only get paid when you're with a client. This means you can work 15+ hours a day but only get paid for maybe 9 hours depending on your calls that day.

Management is unorganized and more focused on protecting themselves than helping their care givers. If you have to leave the company, they take your "paid training" out of your paycheck to cover the costs on their end. They also charge £150 for unreturned work uniforms when they make no attempt to come and collect.

In my experience, they have refused to pay me hours I've worked and delayed payment for over two months. They only sent payment once further measures were discussed.

The care givers and clients all seemed to be lovely people, unfortunately poor & selfish management ruins working with this company.     I Never thought I'd say this, but by far this is the most "cowboy" care company out there.

PPE was not issued correctly during the start of the corona-virus outbreak and they had no problem sending me out to over 8 clients in one day, without correct protection. Overall, research the care company before you appl
Pros
Fellow care-givers
Cons
My time with this company was horrible to say the least. The office staff treat the carers like scum. They only worried about covering hours and did not care when they booked us for more than 12 hours a day, multiple days a week. I personally got spat on by a client and verbally abused on multiple occasions and when I reported I was told to deal with it and I quote “it’s the nature of the job”. Furthermore, I was sent to the same client’s home the next day. When I refused, they told me I will be investigated as I’m refusing to do the job they’re paying me for. They expected us to work six days a week and at times they even tried to book us on our only day off. As this was one of my first jobs, I felt like I had to listen to everything they told me and I didn’t realise they were abusing their power. Please, stay away from this company if you value your own mental health.
Pros
Cons
Leaving the company and never seeing the office staff ever again.
Don´t waste your time. Zero hour contract, underpaid work and rude management. They really don't care about their employees. Read about and compare care home services before you apply so you won't have a bad experience.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everything else
Avoid this company. Staff are underpaid and under appericated. Care calls are too close together, if any calls are made at all. They start calling from 5am to Midnight. Any Care company is better than this!
Pros
handing my resignation in
Cons
cheap pay, long hours, stressful, no communication, zero hour contract
If you don't wanna waste your time about this company please stay away,they didn't pay wages on time, they "have forgotten" payslips, they don't pay the correct wages what is in your contract just less, they don't share important information with the carer, about clients. They don't believe the carer in they office, poor management
Management just want the visits covered my rota was from 5AM TO 11PM with no breaks. I had less drop offs when I was a delivery driver than visits with this company and I needed to care for people ? My rota Changed all the time couldn't as much as plan for even the next day. FREE FOR ALL SICKNESS, sickness is more Poplar than annual leave.. not even min wage so I dont blame them. Some hours I took home as little as £6. Office is rude makes you feel uncomfortable especially the manner they speak it's more of a sales office with competitive managers to cover calls anyway they can disrespecting their staff and clients putting staff under pressure until the break. Promising you'll finish by a time and then your still out working 17 hours later.. and then up in 5 hours for your next days shift. It was unsafe Wish I read all these reviews before I started cant believe these companies are allowed to run like this
Pros
Anyone can get a job
Cons
Dangerous
a typical day at work, just come in and do your work, had learnt the job role in a different job, management was okay, workplace culture was okay, hardest part of the job was entering through the front door, the most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the exit door
I loved working with the clients and enjoyed getting to know them all but I was horrifically bullied by staff because I wasn't from the area. I reported this several times to managment but they didn't care! Also They never inform staff if there was a death in the run which is very difficult because as carer's we do actually care about our clients and become close with the families. I would NEVER recommend working with Mi Home Care .