MiHomecare Limited Employee Reviews

Good
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith14 August 2019
My working experience is very good and they are very nice and organizations,am only looking for another job because I want to be paid weekly because of my wages and I need more hours because am not getting enough hours that why am looking for hours, mihomecare organizations are very good and kindly to their staff.
Poor example of a care company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London16 July 2019
poor rates of pay, poor management, poor life work balance

Bullies for management.
Pros
meeting clients
Cons
as above
Care Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Ammanford, Carmarthenshire8 July 2019
I've worked with Mihomecare for 3 years best move I have ever made realy enjoy my job and great people I work with very enjoyable experience over the last three years and I look forward to the future
Pros
Great people I work with
Cons
No cons just need to be flexible
Great care company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff5 July 2019
I have worked for several Care Company's and Mihomecare simply top the lot, very supportive network. Communication with office is always friendly and helpful
Pros
Communication and management
Energetic, warm & hard working
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2019
Mihomecare is a company that works hard, if you enjoy making a positive difference in people's lives and understand how relevant working in health & social care is then this company is the place to start or continue. The people are down to earth, real, fun & totally focus on what needs to get done.
Pros
Amazing people, flexible working, honesty
Cons
It's a tough job, you have to really focus to stay on top of your work
Good company to work for
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea21 May 2019
I've worked with mihomecare since 2007. There have been so many changes since then, which have been for the better. I enjoy my job and the enjoy the company of the people I work with.
Pros
Expenses paid, work family, full support, opportunity to progress
Cons
Can be demanding at times
Good work life balance
Carer (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire20 May 2019
I worked for Mihomecare for a number of years before and during my nursing degree. I have young children and was able to work my shifts around uni and home life. I was always given the choice to work extra shifts with no pressure if I said no. When my car broke down I was still able to work on a double run so I didn’t have to miss out financially. I still keep in touch with the staff now for charity events.
Pros
I was able to work around my home life and uni, great experience and stepping stone.
Cons
It’s not for everyone
love my job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ammanford, Carmarthenshire20 May 2019
As a new Starter to Mihomecare I was welcomed as part of a Family.
I have worked for many companies, but the management, and support that I receive with Mihomecare is unbeatable! vary fair workplace and very understanding, they all try their best to help you.
Job Satisfaction
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea20 May 2019
thoroughly enjoy the job satisfaction within this role. This is a good company to work for and has high standards of care. I have gained my QCF whilst being a carer worker and have plenty of opportunities to better myself. The office staff are approachable and very friendly.
I have recommended friends and family to join us.
Pros
Good Hourly pay
Hard work but very rewarding
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ammanford, Carmarthenshire20 May 2019
As a person with no experience going in to working for MiHomecare I was very nervous but through the whole training process and initial few weeks of work I was very well supported by the office staff who were always very happy to help me progress. I now enjoy my job and feel that I am making a difference which is very fulfilling. The work hours can get long at times but there is always support if it gets too much. I would recommend working here to a friend or family member. I found that the pay is good at £10.75 an hour with milage also being paid on top.
Pros
Good training. Rewarding job. Supportive office staff.
Cons
Long hours at times. Some challenging calls.
2 years of enjoyment
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ammanford, Carmarthenshire20 May 2019
I have worked for MI home care for the past 2 years.
and my time with them has been a great experience. iv learnt a lot and been supported by the office all through out. I enjoy working in care as it a very for filling job.
Pros
knowing that i am making a differace in the community.
Stable, reliable and flexible
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire20 May 2019
I thoroughly enjoy my job as a support worker within mihomecare. I had a work phone, full four day training course and uniform supplied free of charge, along with my DBS etc.
Very flexible hours, working patterns available.
I enjoyed seeing different/ new clients every day and knowing I was making a difference in their lives.
The hours can be long and tough at times, but the clients make it worth it. When i was struggling with long days, the office staff accommodated this.
Management have always been approachable and understanding in all situations, I have always felt I could turn to management.
Pros
free work phone, uniform and training. Additional training courses are available and paid for by the company.
Still Loving the Care Work
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea20 May 2019
I've worked for a few other companies before this and its the best one yet, i knew that the days would be long, as is all care work, I like that I get support throughout the day, if i have a query, there's always someone at the end of the phone for me to check with or a colleague i can ask.

Typical morning I start at 7ish, follow the rota given, quite a bit of travelling, but not too much that i moan about it; Afternoons start at 3pm ish, and Im always home (way) before 11.

Hardest part of the job is getting me out of bed in the mornings, once im with the service users, the days go so fast; the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing at the end of each day i have made a good difference for the people I help

I only wanted part time as i have a 6 year old at home, and ive found the staff very friendly and fair about giving me the hours i have asked for, the more effort i am willing to put into the job, the more i seem to be getting from it

I understand that this company went through a bad patch some time back with its rep, but they have had new management and procedures that have sorted those things out, and I haven't come across any unsolvable problems working here; I would recommend working with the South Wales Branch, lovely team.
Pros
The smiles you get from service users first, and good pay from the company
Cons
Working long days - but this is optional
Flexible work around home life
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire20 May 2019
The days can be long, but so rewarding. Caring isn't a job for everyone but I love it. Worked for other care companies but I didn't receive the support I get here. I was able to work my shifts around college, then worked my shifts around my two young children and child care. Staff are really friendly and there's always someone to go to if needed.
Pros
Good benifits and flexibility with working hours
Cons
Having to work for a living
Not productive not a fun place
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  London finchley12 April 2019
When i start before 2 and a half years everything was good even if i didnt had full time as i asked for, the staff was helpful and they had good communication with carers. Now they dont have long hours and they give big gap between clients, some of the staff are rude like when you ask for your rights or your money,they always avoid to answer you ...i lost my money many times because the staff in the office dont have communication or their system is not working good. For some reasons when client is asking to have a specific one carer they will never send that carer there. The team leaders give the hours to the preferred one carer. When you ask for more hours they say ok and they will never give more hours! You supposed to have one team leader who is making your rota and who can contact if you have any problems with rota or your hours, but every day someone else is making the rota and they don know for example you are not working with mans so the next day you have 2-3 mans in your rota. Every time you call to discuss for something you have to explain all your story to that one who pick up the phone . The management is the worst,they have 0 organisation. After 2 and e half years i never did my refreshing training that i supposed to do it every 6 months and i never get any qualification as they offered me when i start. I have a lot of more complains...Just disappointed and of course i will not recommended it to anyone!
Pros
I cant find any pros
Cons
Everything are cons
Unprofessional and rude staff
Support worker trainee (Former Employee) –  Finchley, Greater London10 April 2019
The administration is a total mess. They are very bitter towards people who actually work there. I attended a training which I was not paid for because of some miscommunication from the staff. I wrote to them asking for a compensation and after a month, one of the staff contacted me. I asked if we could liaise via email and he started to raise his voice at me. Was really shocked by such an unprofessional response.
Productive and fun company to work for
Live in Administrator (Current Employee) –  Working from Home14 March 2019
I enjoy working for MiHomecare. and I enjoy working from home.
I am very dedicated and self motivated.
Management are supportive
Salary is good however looking for more
Work and life balance
Mihomecare
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London26 February 2019
On the go from the time you walk in to when you leave.
More about the care that is provided in my local community.
Needs improvement with communication.
Enjoyable team to work with.
Pros
The team
Cons
Moving location
Avoid at all costs
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 February 2019
This has to be one of the WORST companies I have ever had the misfortune to work for. A bullying culture runs through the whole company and people in senior positions simply chose to ignore this. No one, even salaried employees, gets paid correctly, and come payday you will be guessing where your money has gone. Be wary when applying for a particular role as it will be nothing as to what you applied for and a thousand other, unrelated duties will be forced upon you.
Pros
Salary is higher than competitors
Cons
Bully culture
productive and fun
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 January 2019
productive and well organised company to work with,eual opportunity and wide knowledge of trainings,opportunities to grow within the company.i strted as a care assistant and moved up to be a coordinator

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MiHomecare Limited. Our community is ready to answer.