Midland Heart Employee Reviews

Lovely people and place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Willenhall22 April 2018
Enjoyed my time here as a support worker met some lovely staff and had a good relationship with the manager. Unfortunately the shift patterns (4-6 hours) were too short to make it financially viable for me due to the distance to travel.
Pros
Lovely staff, and met some really nice service users
Cons
shifts too short, money not great
Productive and fun place to work
Business Analyst/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 April 2018
Very good place to work. Welcoming and forward looking organisation poised to be the best in their sector. There's well round thought on the service delivery for the customers which explains the reason MH at the top amongst their peers in the West Midland region.
Pros
Flexible working
Fellow colleagues were great, management less so.
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 March 2018
Generally fellow colleagues are very friendly and helpful. The Company appeared to be going through re-structures almost constantly and redundancies were quick and effective. My role included going to care related schemes and advising managers on a regular basis. My time with the company gave me a good insight into how management had little time for the front end of the business.
Pros
Friendly colleagues line manager
Cons
Long hours due to insufficient time to complete reports, constant changes in working practices.
nice place to work, people were pleasant
Neighbourhood Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 March 2018
Nice office, managers were good and fairly supportive , good teamwork and opportunities for progression. Seemed a good organisation that was clear on where it was going
Cons
parking, central location
good workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham26 October 2017
typical day at work was mediocre, the staff were respectable and the work environment was decent. The location of the work building was reasonable and respectable.
customer services officer
Customer Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham Bath Row28 September 2017
The best job I've had started in February excellent managers excellent staff I can't fault this company at all they value and recognise hard workers!!
Pros
Long lunches, career progression, excellent management
Cons
Non
Great for new oportunities
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cosley20 July 2017
Great ideal place to start once again friendly staff great qork ethnic, really enjoyed working here. Learn new skills everyday and dealing with different situations.
Good
BI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 June 2017
It was good work environment. Very friendly environment and work culture. i enjoyed my tenure over there. defiantly recommend. I was allowed to work 11-7.
what a shambles
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 June 2017
overall this is a good company but it is obviously run to make money. the care staff are good at what they do and very friendly but office staff make the job very stressful. high staff turnover and stress breaks puts the pressure on the workers. I was working part time on a eight week rota that saw me doing 4days on and 4 days off but a lot of the time you were called in for training. one week of the rota I was on for 7days in a row. although you were payed for attending training the process for claiming it was so complicated as well as booking holidays most of us just didn't bother as their was no one to ask. I'm broke but so glad to be out of there.
Pros
training
Cons
shifts that can be done in 2 days streched to 4
rewarding
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands20 April 2017
I enjoyed my role, very rewarding and challenging.
I managed support workers to support adults with learning disabilities to live in there own tenancies.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
Top heavy. Don't care for staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire12 April 2017
Not a place you want to work now. Used to be a great place but has got worse over the last 5 years. Staff aren't important, it's who you know and it's all about the top tier.
The company doesn't care about staff working environment. Small office space, small desks.
Expected to work beyond hours at head office.
Lovely Residents
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands7 April 2017
Very beautiful building with beautiful and caring residents. I loved every minute working alongside wonderful staff and making a difference. I would recommend staying and working there
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Management are very poor.
Night Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 March 2017
I have work for 2 large company before midland heart(MH) and those two job where a lot more demanding but they were more of a friendly environment and well manage.
MH have a privilege culture for certain group of race where they only put white ethnics in mainly in management roles and mainly black ethnics in crop roles such as night shifts and hostel support worker so less time for these ethics to spend with families, more stress and low pay.
The other issues MH dont listen to their staff issues.
Due to the fact managers were gifted the position Based on preference you will experience alot of stress not by the duties but by the managers.
Speaking & working with alot of black & asain ethnics one of the main concerns are discrimination and lock of opportunities to be promote.
Cons
long shifts hours
Well managed and profitable
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 March 2017
A well managed organisation with an almost absolute monopoly for Birmingham City Council contracts in Supporting People. The job demanded high quality reporting as can be expected with Midland Heart's standards in order to maintain good relationships with the Council. Not a great paymaster though, always hovers just a little bit above NMW.
lovely work collegues
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 March 2017
The company has far too many restructures so no job security. The management can not make decisions and often end up with low staff morale. communication within the organisation is horrendous which leads to a blame culture.
Pros
Lovely work collegues
Cons
some of the management should not be allowed to mix with people
Challenging but enjoyable
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands24 January 2017
A typical day would be working with to two individuals with autism, providing support in all aspects of their day to day living.
Personal care
Meal preparation
Household management tasks
Accessing the community/social activities
Administering medication
Attending medical appointments
The most difficult part of my role initially was acquiring the skills and confidence to support the customers at the scheme when their behaviour became challenging. However acquiring the skills has been a very rewarding experience, working within a supportive team, both colleagues and management
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Staff shortages
Good shift patterns
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Leominster North30 December 2016
Flexible working request was granted when returning back to work after maternity leave. My shifts worked well around childcare and my managers were understanding of this.
Fast pace growing organisation
Strategic PMO Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham15 September 2016
Lots of exciting projects
dynamic teams
currently going through a business shift to help streamline and enforce their core values.
good place to work
Asset Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre1 September 2016
Good place to work and the hours are great also it is decent pay. I'd recommend this company to anyone.

There are some good benefits and possible career progression.
Management could be better
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham21 August 2016
My review is that management could be better and it would be a good company to work for. With all work place there are good days and bad. Over all there are some good worker that work for midland heart. Sine working for midland I have lean a lot and at time enjoy my job as a team leader.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Heart. Our community is ready to answer.

Midland Heart Reviews by Location