Midland Heart Employee Reviews

Terrible environment, regarding homes direct
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire14 August 2018
Lots of back stabbing and reporting, poor induction after day one you are expected to know it all and left with loads of tasks thrown at you form all angles. communication is very limited and support is non existent. Only good thing is salary. Unless you like being very stressed, bullied and watched and judged subjectively by a clique/pack of females then do yourself a favour and steer clear!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Very stressful and insidiously negative environment to be accepted in.
great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 August 2018
very accommodating and supportive, lovely staff, helpful and kind. great for job advancement/progression and a great team/work atmosphere.
salary and benefits are great.
Relief Support Worker
Relief Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands3 July 2018
I really enjoyed being a support worker as all the skills i had gained helped me in my other roles, I enjoyed working with people and being part of a team
Pros
Experience
Not quite what it seems
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 June 2018
A lot of restructuring happening across the business leaving a lot of uncertainty for Colleagues and a loss of knowledge which hinders the business performance.
Pros
Short working hours
Changed beyond recognition
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 May 2018
Working at Midland Heart for close to 10 years, i had seen many changes starting on with the CEO's - the third to be appointed only a few weeks ago. restructures, service closures and redundancies has saw the company change beyond recognition and its not the company i signed up to work for all those years ago - some say its lost its Heart.

whilst ultimately - yes its a business, they appear to be driven by profit margins and surplus.
Pros
Career Progression
Cons
Work ethic, staff under appreciated, salaries
Lovely people and place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Willenhall22 April 2018
Enjoyed my time here as a support worker met some lovely staff and had a good relationship with the manager. Unfortunately the shift patterns (4-6 hours) were too short to make it financially viable for me due to the distance to travel.
Pros
Lovely staff, and met some really nice service users
Cons
shifts too short, money not great
Productive and fun place to work
Business Analyst/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 April 2018
Very good place to work. Welcoming and forward looking organisation poised to be the best in their sector. There's well round thought on the service delivery for the customers which explains the reason MH at the top amongst their peers in the West Midland region.
Pros
Flexible working
Fellow colleagues were great, management less so.
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 March 2018
Generally fellow colleagues are very friendly and helpful. The Company appeared to be going through re-structures almost constantly and redundancies were quick and effective. My role included going to care related schemes and advising managers on a regular basis. My time with the company gave me a good insight into how management had little time for the front end of the business.
Pros
Friendly colleagues line manager
Cons
Long hours due to insufficient time to complete reports, constant changes in working practices.
nice place to work, people were pleasant
Neighbourhood Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 March 2018
Nice office, managers were good and fairly supportive , good teamwork and opportunities for progression. Seemed a good organisation that was clear on where it was going
Cons
parking, central location
good workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham26 October 2017
typical day at work was mediocre, the staff were respectable and the work environment was decent. The location of the work building was reasonable and respectable.
customer services officer
Customer Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham Bath Row28 September 2017
The best job I've had started in February excellent managers excellent staff I can't fault this company at all they value and recognise hard workers!!
Pros
Long lunches, career progression, excellent management
Cons
Non
Great for new oportunities
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cosley20 July 2017
Great ideal place to start once again friendly staff great qork ethnic, really enjoyed working here. Learn new skills everyday and dealing with different situations.
Good
BI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 June 2017
It was good work environment. Very friendly environment and work culture. i enjoyed my tenure over there. defiantly recommend. I was allowed to work 11-7.
what a shambles
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 June 2017
overall this is a good company but it is obviously run to make money. the care staff are good at what they do and very friendly but office staff make the job very stressful. high staff turnover and stress breaks puts the pressure on the workers. I was working part time on a eight week rota that saw me doing 4days on and 4 days off but a lot of the time you were called in for training. one week of the rota I was on for 7days in a row. although you were payed for attending training the process for claiming it was so complicated as well as booking holidays most of us just didn't bother as their was no one to ask. I'm broke but so glad to be out of there.
Pros
training
Cons
shifts that can be done in 2 days streched to 4
rewarding
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands20 April 2017
I enjoyed my role, very rewarding and challenging.
I managed support workers to support adults with learning disabilities to live in there own tenancies.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
Top heavy. Don't care for staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire12 April 2017
Not a place you want to work now. Used to be a great place but has got worse over the last 5 years. Staff aren't important, it's who you know and it's all about the top tier.
The company doesn't care about staff working environment. Small office space, small desks.
Expected to work beyond hours at head office.
Lovely Residents
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands7 April 2017
Very beautiful building with beautiful and caring residents. I loved every minute working alongside wonderful staff and making a difference. I would recommend staying and working there
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Management are very poor.
Night Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 March 2017
I have work for 2 large company before midland heart(MH) and those two job where a lot more demanding but they were more of a friendly environment and well manage.
MH have a privilege culture for certain group of race where they only put white ethnics in mainly in management roles and mainly black ethnics in crop roles such as night shifts and hostel support worker so less time for these ethics to spend with families, more stress and low pay.
The other issues MH dont listen to their staff issues.
Due to the fact managers were gifted the position Based on preference you will experience alot of stress not by the duties but by the managers.
Speaking & working with alot of black & asain ethnics one of the main concerns are discrimination and lock of opportunities to be promote.
Cons
long shifts hours
Well managed and profitable
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 March 2017
A well managed organisation with an almost absolute monopoly for Birmingham City Council contracts in Supporting People. The job demanded high quality reporting as can be expected with Midland Heart's standards in order to maintain good relationships with the Council. Not a great paymaster though, always hovers just a little bit above NMW.
lovely work collegues
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 March 2017
The company has far too many restructures so no job security. The management can not make decisions and often end up with low staff morale. communication within the organisation is horrendous which leads to a blame culture.
Pros
Lovely work collegues
Cons
some of the management should not be allowed to mix with people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Heart. Our community is ready to answer.

Midland Heart Reviews by Location