Midland Heart Employee Reviews

Worst place I have ever worked
none (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 December 2018
Management are shocking and do not understand what is involved in the roles they manage. They do not listen to people who have a greater understanding of the area and basically are not interested.
Also management show a lack of professionalism but insulting and talking openly about past employees and people interviewing within the office/

There is a very real reason why its like a revolving door within departments and they think doing restructures will resolve this but don't get rid of the problem management.

I would not trust a word they tell you via interviews and job role profiles as they think they can just add additional tasks and not pay you for them even though the roles change.

The office is shocking, lifts always break and no canteen just some vending machines. No car park spaces other than on the road so bare this in mind.
19 December 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we’re concerned to hear some of your comments. We ensure that colleagues are regularly consulted about our business decisions and over the last few months have held colleague events, focus groups and surveys asking staff to feed into our priorities for next year. However, we know there is always more we can do and will make sure that the issues you have raised are taken into consideration as we continue the conversation over the next few months.

So pleased to be out
Non Management (Former Employee) –  West Midlands30 November 2018
This company demands a very level of productivity. To achieve this you have to constantly give and give. You are instructed to attend 4 weekly supervision and all your faults, weaknesses and non achievement will be laid bare for you to make excuses for. You will be brow beaten into submission and new targets set - yay!!
When you find yourself being taken through a disciplinary process for not achieving (and you probably will) you will not be able to use proper representation. You will be allowed to use the non elected employee forum. These are unskilled at the role and are not allowed to in any way challenge any management decision. They are limited in what they can say and even the time allocated to them to speak. This is a discredited forum in the eyes of many employees.
I have never seen such contempt for employees than that given from senior managers at Midland Heart. As a non management employee you are treated like the dirt on a shoe. The pay is low and hours long. I am so glad to be out and will never go back.
Pros
Cons
Management processes, treatment of staff, low pay
11 December 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Midland Heart was a negative one. All our teams are encouraged to have regular catch ups with their managers so they are supported, clear about their role and their own development. Our HR team are really keen to chat about some of the concerns you’ve raised, please do get in touch.

Diverse company
Rough Sleepers Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 November 2018
Midland Heart is a very diverse company, with different factors to it. The good thing about it is that you can gain experience from different department and use these skills and experience to progress else where. One of their biggest problems at the moment is that staff morale is low, due to the work load and the pay.
11 December 2018

Diversity and inclusivity is at the very core of our organisation. We’re passionate about developing everyone’s potential by offering a range of career opportunities and we’re glad you experienced this in your time at Midland Heart.

Run by senior executives
Housing Worker (Former Employee) –  West Midlands10 November 2018
If you have to take a position at Midland Heart then do so but do not allow yourself to relax there.
It's an organisation that is policed heavily by a bully management culture backed up by an over bearing human resources department.
Do not mistake this social housing organisation for anything other than a contract meeting money making machine.
Everything concerning all non executive staff is done on the cheap. You wont get sick pay.
You will be subjected to formal supervision every at least 4 weeks and you are highly like never to achieve your set targets and to find yourself (like many, many others) subjected to capability procedures.
The so called award winning benefits package is designed to be used by executives. It is not designed to benefit non executives.
Obviously you will meet and work alongside other decent people but treat Midland Heart as you would a public toilet or motorway service station i.e. a necessary evil to be utilised but somewhere you know you should leave asap.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
How you will be treated by the management
Awful
Accommodation and resettlement worker (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands7 November 2018
I have worked in supported living with homeless. Lots of violence and lack of safety.
Lots of pressure is put on front line staff to achieve unrealistic outcomes!
I have witnessed terrible bullying by management that has basically been swept under the carpet and not properly dealt with.
I have also witnessed neglect of some very vulnerable people.

The culture in some supported living services really needs to change!
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Everything else
Support worker
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Midland heart25 October 2018
Good company to work for great work colleagues unfortunately the pay especially for nights is very very low might have to think of moving on as can't live on it have to work 9 nights to get some good wage
Activity Coordinator
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands13 October 2018
Only worked for 2 months so really can not comment, didn't get to know the company well enough to give positive feedback. Residents seem happy though
Pros
working with the Elderly
Terrible company
Rsw (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton2 October 2018
Midland heart have taken us over telling us everything will be fine, 3 months after they are pulling out of care. Management terrible haven't spoke to anybody.
Cons
Lies, low pay
A decent workplace
Lettings Officer (Current Employee) –  West Midlands3 September 2018
Faced paced work environment, based in a decent building with some great staff members. Lots of parking if your a driver and lots of places to go for lunch near by.
Cons
Workloads
Terrible environment, regarding homes direct
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire14 August 2018
Lots of back stabbing and reporting, poor induction after day one you are expected to know it all and left with loads of tasks thrown at you form all angles. communication is very limited and support is non existent. Only good thing is salary. Unless you like being very stressed, bullied and watched and judged subjectively by a clique/pack of females then do yourself a favour and steer clear!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Very stressful and insidiously negative environment to be accepted in.
great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 August 2018
very accommodating and supportive, lovely staff, helpful and kind. great for job advancement/progression and a great team/work atmosphere.
salary and benefits are great.
Relief Support Worker
Relief Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands3 July 2018
I really enjoyed being a support worker as all the skills i had gained helped me in my other roles, I enjoyed working with people and being part of a team
Pros
Experience
Not quite what it seems
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 June 2018
A lot of restructuring happening across the business leaving a lot of uncertainty for Colleagues and a loss of knowledge which hinders the business performance.
Pros
Short working hours
Changed beyond recognition
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 May 2018
Working at Midland Heart for close to 10 years, i had seen many changes starting on with the CEO's - the third to be appointed only a few weeks ago. restructures, service closures and redundancies has saw the company change beyond recognition and its not the company i signed up to work for all those years ago - some say its lost its Heart.

whilst ultimately - yes its a business, they appear to be driven by profit margins and surplus.
Pros
Career Progression
Cons
Work ethic, staff under appreciated, salaries
Lovely people and place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Willenhall22 April 2018
Enjoyed my time here as a support worker met some lovely staff and had a good relationship with the manager. Unfortunately the shift patterns (4-6 hours) were too short to make it financially viable for me due to the distance to travel.
Pros
Lovely staff, and met some really nice service users
Cons
shifts too short, money not great
Productive and fun place to work
Business Analyst/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 April 2018
Very good place to work. Welcoming and forward looking organisation poised to be the best in their sector. There's well round thought on the service delivery for the customers which explains the reason MH at the top amongst their peers in the West Midland region.
Pros
Flexible working
Fellow colleagues were great, management less so.
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 March 2018
Generally fellow colleagues are very friendly and helpful. The Company appeared to be going through re-structures almost constantly and redundancies were quick and effective. My role included going to care related schemes and advising managers on a regular basis. My time with the company gave me a good insight into how management had little time for the front end of the business.
Pros
Friendly colleagues line manager
Cons
Long hours due to insufficient time to complete reports, constant changes in working practices.
nice place to work, people were pleasant
Neighbourhood Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 March 2018
Nice office, managers were good and fairly supportive , good teamwork and opportunities for progression. Seemed a good organisation that was clear on where it was going
Cons
parking, central location
good workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham26 October 2017
typical day at work was mediocre, the staff were respectable and the work environment was decent. The location of the work building was reasonable and respectable.
customer services officer
Customer Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham Bath Row28 September 2017
The best job I've had started in February excellent managers excellent staff I can't fault this company at all they value and recognise hard workers!!
Pros
Long lunches, career progression, excellent management
Cons
Non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Heart. Our community is ready to answer.

Midland Heart Reviews by Location