Middletons

Middletons Employee Reviews

Horrible company to work for, treat their staff like dirt. I worked in Bristol. The management/owners don't pull their weight, and I would advise any future potential employees to think twice. If your face fits then you are away.
Cons
Poor management/owner
Terrible company to work for, no real direction for the company, targets are tough, team members are constantly monitored submitting target vs achieved twice a day, so if you like pressure selling you’ll be perfect for this company. The only positive I can offer is that the products are good, as Middletons don’t manufacture them, they buy them in and rebrand so if a customer spends more than 10 minutes on google they will find them 10-20% cheaper hence the pressure selling. Be warned you will need a significant phone contract particularly the data package as the majority of the companies communications are done through WhatsApp on your personal phone as they don’t provide the resources to do so.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Poor management, overpriced products, pressure selling environment
They like to come across as customer oriented but basically want you to bend a vulnerable d person to buy. Owner is a foul mouthed bully. All about sales not about the customer needs. To say unprofessional is no where near I'd describe these cowboys. Avoid buying from them and as for working for them, the biggest regret of my professional career. Shocking company, my line manager was clueless it was laughable. clueless wadclueless
The senior management would rather save money than employing enough staff leaving you working 6/7 days a week with no breaks. Commission is paid at the area managers discretion meaning that you can quite easily lose hundreds of pounds in extra pay just because he is having a bad day. Senior management (head office) are only concerned with sales and not about employee welfare.
I would have liked more training on dealing with vulnerable customers and opportunity to focus on the customer rather than targets and figures. Hard to meet targets especially when soft selling. Rapidly opening stores in quick succession, less focus and support was given to older stores. More training was needed in management. Footfall was low due to the buildings location. Lack of understanding when I gave my notice which effected pay. I was asked to stand on the top of a 6 rung step ladder to install decoration, felt uncomfortable assembling large scooters with powerful batteries. Daily and weekly runnings and updates were sent message directly to is. You could receive daily over 50 messages even on days off, managers received more. I loved working with the customers and met some great people.
Enjoyed the actual job, management disorganised and only knew orders day by day was laid off within six weeks because they had hardly any orders coming in
this place of was really enjoyable from mixing different ingredients packing with team mates also making sure the correct batches and dates were correct.
All the employees of the company are always working together and helping one another. Middletons management at all levels go above and beyond for showroom staff. The recruitment department are extremely helpful and the job satisfaction is very high. I enjoy working for middletons and would reccomend it to others.
Pros
Commision is fair, team enviroment at all ends of the business
Fantastic atmosphere, rewarded for efforts, respected, valued and honestly a truly great place to work. Fun, busy, challenging, friendly, relaxed. here to stay!
Pros
Good team atmosphere, Supportive management
Cons
N/a
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Middletons?
Basically in the 6 months of working in bristol Middletons, they have some how managed to mess up my pay 3 times, They are a company that is driven on gp They can buy a chair and sell it for double easy, just look at there sister company oak tree and how much they charge FOR THE SAME CHAIR There staff turn over rate is shocking, to anyone thinking about applying and working for this company I would highly advise you to 're think unless you want to rip off old and people in need so many more places are cheaper and it's the same stuff Just have to look on middletons and Care co website and you will see the difference in price And also the salary is rubbish your commission is rubbish The following is good when you sell £20,000 in a week Never see it when I was there for 6 months Enjoy
Pros
Cons
No lunch break, payroll team, expensice prices, rubbish management
driven by profit rather than those who provide it- do not have anyone who has any longevity in the company below director level , have lost so many skilled people in the short term interest of an accountant .
Pros
good hours
Cons
make you believe everything is fine, then buy your contract out because you earn too much through success
I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. The tips are very good but the managers were egregiously awful to their staff. It bred a mutually contemptuous culture. If you're young and tip-hungry try to stick it for a while. If not, I would urge you to avoid this festering steamer of a job like the bile-filled bubo that it is.
Pros
Vile free lunches
Cons
Too many to name
awful company to work for, treat their staff like dirt. the management/owners don't pull their weight and I would advise any future potential employees to think twice.
I enjoy working as it earns me life skills as well as money but also meeting new people. I am looking for a different job as I don't think this is the one for me I like a ware house job which I have worked in my past.
Pros
No breaks
Cons
4 hours 4 nights
Worked as a packer for this company for a very sgort while enjoyed my time there then ended up getting layed off and the work wasnt coming in to for me to stay.
My first job in England, helped me a lot to develop the language, learned more about English culture but more importantly, helped me to face life as a challenge.
Pros
learn more about English food
Cons
communication barrier
I fed the animals on sale, weighed and packed items to be sold in store, served customers on the till and swept/hoovered as well as cleaning out the cages of the animals on sale.I learnt how to operate a til and how to stock rotate.The hardest job was not having much to do at slow times of the day.The most enjoyable part was feding and cleaning out the animals.