Middlesex University London

Middlesex University London Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews
I would work with students in the years below me on the same course and teach/aid/facilitate them on their understanding of the work. It allowed me to reinforce my understanding and learning whilst helping others.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team. Workplace culture is an amazing experience to work at Middlesex University. I learned teamwork, time management, creativity, and innovation.
a typical day was preparing files and emailing students via a ticketing system. it enabled me to develop my administration skills further. I worked as part of clearing also
The staff where great to work with and helped me through training when ever you needed it and the team supervisors provided training and guidance whenever it was required so I always felt supported.
This is where I did my post graduate studies in computer network and network design. The staff and student are always ready to support and they pursue academic excellence as they rank among UK top 500 universities.
Pros
quality thinkers
Cons
Negative thinkers
The team provide new staff with extensive training and good support. They are very helpful and approachable. The job is very interesting, and you learn a lot as you support the new students.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Reward you for your work and develop great working relationships. You are able to progress and truly flourish as an individual in the workplace. This is championed here.
I have been elected by my teachers to help my fellow students in BAs (Hons) Accounting and Finance.
• My role is to encourage participation through structure group discussions.

• Encouraging students in purposeful activities.

• Encouraging students to verbalize explanations.

• Lastly, monitoring student understandings.
Overall, a good place to work and study . Well equipped and helpful staff . Good location and affordable parking charge . Not long hours but pretty much full day duty .
Fantastic establishment to both study and work in. Vibrant environment with a good campus atmosphere. International students and staff providing a diverse culture and society.
Pros
Diverse culture
I spent my days researching on flood risk management from a flood governance studies perspective. I learned how to search for information and put together variously sourced pieces of data to paint a clearer picture of a particular situation.

My co-workers were PhD graduates and students and they were very helpful and encouraging towards my work.

Hardest part of my job was finding the specific information relevant to the case studies I had been assigned but it was also the most enjoyable part because it allowed me to interact with various media in attempt to arrive at the required information.
When the house is full; i mean, when all the children are in the nursery.

To work as a nursery nurse, A typical average day:

8.30am: Arrive, set up the room for free play activities. (Collage, paint, Role play etc) Check register to see who is in today and who is not, do any quick jobs like printing timetables, record keeping etc. Maybe pop over to each room to say hello to the children and the staffs.

9am: Greet children and parents, parents feel the need to tell us every little thing. Listen them. Free play, during this time, play with the children, make observations and supervise painting or Role play area.

9.50am: Tidy up time, get children in a circle for circle time, lead circle time ( music and story)

10.10am: Toilet, hands, sit at table for snack.

10.30am: My break! (Although often wiping tables, pouring left over milk down sink, sweeping up etc)

10.45: Outside play: Organised activity for instance; a bear hunt, treasure seeking. Followed by free play.

11.20am: Inside ready to send some children home. Get bags, coats, and pictures ready. Children sit at the table ready to leave.

11.45am: Baby room, more nappy changing and help with lunch.

12.30 Back to pre-school to organize their lunch. supervise finding lunch boxes, sit down, help with packages and drinks. Make it as social occasion. Also greeting afternoon children.

1pm: Having my lunch (hooray!)

1.30pm: Organised activity, Songs, story, followed by free play and an organised activity. Or toddler room, helping with nap time.

2.15pm: Snack

2.30pm Outside play
 - more...
It was great working for middlesex university. I learnt a lot, met a lot of people, developed myself better, got to help a lot of people also. the job was fun and the team leaders where very encouraging also.