Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Hated most of my time here.
Ancillary Worker (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire14 April 2019
Management teams are an absolute disgrace and so are human resources, they love disciplinary procedures because other than playing about with stealing money from different departments this is the only actually work they put their minds to, support from such teams are absolutely non existent. Fill in forms and sign your name to cover their own backs even though proper training, patient confidentiality and patient care is far from their minds in every point of the day. As long as they still have a suit on at the end of the day and 30-100,000 + in their back pockets they don't care. (Management wage ranges) nurses and doctors catering, cleaning, portering and estate teams are the actual workers those who are thrown away like trash by managing teams as soon as they see trouble. No support stay away from the trust.
Pros
Hard working under paid staff.
Cons
If you want a long term career stay away from this trust
Dedicated team of professionals always willing to go the extra mile
community staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire21 October 2018
A very caring team of colleagues, I have learned how other large public organisations function and fellow civil servants.

Good support from management, excellent workplace atmosphere. One of the most difficult parts of the job is when patients do not feel satisfied with the service, however one of the best parts of the job is when service users feel that myself and colleagues have made a positive impact upon their lfe.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
staff shortages
Down to Earth brilliant workplace
Care Quality Commission (CQC) Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield15 August 2018
SLT are very nice individuals and focus on you and are amazing people to work with. brilliant workspace and culture to be in. I would definitely work for the Trust again if I could.
Pros
work hours
Cons
parking
co workers lazy and scruffy
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire15 May 2018
If you are thorough 0and hard working and clean and smart do not apply as a nursing or support staff . The team i work with are lazy scruffy one dosnt even iron their uniform wears trainers to work and seems to be going far ? Have i complained? YES Has it changed ? No after 20 years im out if here going to private health care where people care for patients and staff work as one and are clean tidy and happy.
Pros
discount in staff caffeteria
Cons
everything
Typical NHS trust
Estates Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Wakefield28 March 2018
Interesting, varied and challenging work environment. You need to be tough and resilient to work in most NHS trust estates departments and the Mid Yorkshire is no different to any other.

To sum up.... it was an experience!
Don't look after staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
I have to park on a side street 10 minutes walk away from the hospital as they don't have enough permits for staff.
Management keep pushing more and more tasks into staff without giving back any praise for doing them. The more we do the more they seem to think we can take on.
Everyone is out for themselves. Not a lot of teamworks or support
Pros
Non
good times
acute assessment nurse (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire26 September 2017
large nhs trust but has alot of genuine people working for them who are good at their jobs and want to help. staff work hard to account for short staffing.
Absolutely overworked and underpaid
Receptionist and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire8 September 2017
There is an enormous amount of pressure working reception in A&E . You work 12 hour shifts, often with no break and always under staffed. The new shift pattern forced on the staff mean you can work at all 3 sites on different shifts in the same week. E.g. Night at dewsbury, day at pinderfields and afternoon at Pontefract in the same week. You also lose money when on holiday or sick.
Cons
Hours, Christmas and bank holidays
Was a enjoyable place to work whilst I was there
Scrub Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire16 June 2017
Pinderfields hodpital has undertaken many changes since I was employed there. All the theatres are now together in one unit, I think there are 15 theatres at PGH now.
Unfriendly place to work
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pinderfields8 May 2017
Everyone is miserable, no one talks to you, not even a good morning and that's within your own team! Management don't listen to ideas or make improvents, never see them on a typical day as they are having meetings about meetings for meetings. Only allowed 30 mins lunchbreak, no thanks ever given by management. No review even when you ask for one, no job prospects, pay just above min wage.
Pros
20% off in cafe
Cons
Low pay & no team spirit
Band 5 Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire1 May 2017
A typical day at work included seeing acute elderly patients and patients diagnosed with Stroke for Stroke rehabilitation. Also provided neuro rehab as well
Ok
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire9 March 2017
Within the admin industry this company neither encourages or supports in advancing in your career. Poor recognition and low staff morale. Increased stress
Depressing
Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire13 January 2017
Found no job satisfaction , constant pressure always short staffed...................
......................
Too much pressure going on within the nhs
Pros
Cons
Frustrated
Challenging and professionally rewarding work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Trustwide16 May 2016
A very busy challenging but ultimately rewarding place to work. Lots of opportunity for those who are prepared to work hard and deliver results.
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Cons
A great place to be if you like the 80's.
Clerical Officer (Current Employee) –  Pontefract, ENG30 September 2015
A typical day at work is very much like any other data entry job - full of repetitive tasks and very little prospect of advancement.This is to be expected.

I learned patience and how to streamline processes, as well as how to introduce new technologies into decades old processes. I also learned how to work with people whose methods of working were vastly different to my own.

People management was entirely absent 80% of the time. For instance two colleagues announced pregnancies and approximate dates that they would be going on maternity leave very close together with roughly four months notice of Leave each. No plans were put in place for what to do with their work loads either by our Team Leader or our Line Manager (who were both extremely aware of the situation) and much planning was left until after they had gone on maternity leave and even then this was ad hoc.

There was little direction to work and my colleagues and I were often left with inadequate and inconsistent information about tasks at hand. Bullying and nepotism were rife and I can think of at least one instance where a job was created with little purpose other than to keep a personal friend of my line-manager in a job. The manager would also reserve their sporadic instances of management for periods when they were in bad moods, and would shout intimidating edicts in brief moments when they were passing through on their way to slam the door of their office.

Co-workers were friendly, if old-fashioned, and they were always polite and supportive as colleagues and I never faced any discrimination or bullying
  more... from them. However if you are offended by constant discussion about the poor state of Britain because of immigration, 'kids today' and benefits 'scroungers' then do not work here.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the appalling culture of abuse and job disatisfaction. By far however the most important and enjoyable parts of my job were in comforting a patient concerned about an appointment and knowing that whilst I may not enjoy my working environment I was at least providing a good service with few complaints.
Pros
Good opportunity to improve Independant working
Cons
poor processes, change-averse culture, poor communication, management bullying
long term commitment to N.H.S
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG13 March 2014
Working for the N.H.S was a rewarding experience and as a senior receptionist I found my work a fulfilling and rewarding experience.
One of the most enjoyable parts of my duties were in meeting and greeting people from all walks of life included the public high ranking consultants and members of parliament.
Over the years I learnt many news skills which became routine in my job.
In my 23 years of service I made many friends who I still keep in touch with.
Pros
near home
Cons
nill