Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
Typically the management are great and there are a lot of hard working staff and is all round commendable. However there are many staff members who like to create a lot of slack and do not do their part. Most often too these same staff members gossip and create animosity within the culture.
Far too many managers, trust would save a fortune cutting down management, they are definitely not needed. We have at least 4 line managers that isn't including higher management.
Stressful job as a hca, only two 30 minutes break for a 12.5 hour shift, No respect by staff one rule for you and different rule for for other staff. No career opportunity or help with progressing in a a higher role. The only thing good when your working for nhs is looking after the patient’s and the friendly family’s as they respect what your doing for their loved ones.
Pros
Patients and family
Cons
Supporting patients on the ward meeting new faces getting to know different religions n cultures I enjoyed my job but had to leave due to moving to different town
I was lucky enough to land a job here as my first ever role in healthcare.
It's an old school style place but plenty of good staff to help out. I'd be happy to work here again under the right circumstances.
Typical day at work is checking e-mails, booking rooms/meetings. Management are rarely seen which can be a bad thing if you need anything urgently. Workplace culture is ok, probably on the boring side.
The year I spent on placement at the Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust was fantastic. In the space of a year I learnt so much about the trust and gained valuable experience in the finance department! Management was great all the way to the top and I always felt that I was a valued part of the team
Management teams are an absolute disgrace and so are human resources, they love disciplinary procedures because other than playing about with stealing money from different departments this is the only actually work they put their minds to, support from such teams are absolutely non existent. Fill in forms and sign your name to cover their own backs even though proper training, patient confidentiality and patient care is far from their minds in every point of the day. As long as they still have a suit on at the end of the day and 30-100,000 + in their back pockets they don't care. (Management wage ranges) nurses and doctors catering, cleaning, portering and estate teams are the actual workers those who are thrown away like trash by managing teams as soon as they see trouble. No support stay away from the trust.
Pros
Hard working under paid staff.
Cons
If you want a long term career stay away from this trust
Can be very busy and you have to cross over to other towns to do visits, but can also be quiet too.
Staff are very friendly and you get the opportunity to improve your job opportunity.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Do not feel valued enough
A very caring team of colleagues, I have learned how other large public organisations function and fellow civil servants.

Good support from management, excellent workplace atmosphere. One of the most difficult parts of the job is when patients do not feel satisfied with the service, however one of the best parts of the job is when service users feel that myself and colleagues have made a positive impact upon their lfe.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
staff shortages
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust?
SLT are very nice individuals and focus on you and are amazing people to work with. brilliant workspace and culture to be in. I would definitely work for the Trust again if I could.
Pros
work hours
Cons
parking
If you are thorough 0and hard working and clean and smart do not apply as a nursing or support staff . The team i work with are lazy scruffy one dosnt even iron their uniform wears trainers to work and seems to be going far ? Have i complained? YES Has it changed ? No after 20 years im out if here going to private health care where people care for patients and staff work as one and are clean tidy and happy.
Pros
discount in staff caffeteria
Cons
everything
Interesting, varied and challenging work environment. You need to be tough and resilient to work in most NHS trust estates departments and the Mid Yorkshire is no different to any other.

To sum up.... it was an experience!
Cons
I have to park on a side street 10 minutes walk away from the hospital as they don't have enough permits for staff.
Management keep pushing more and more tasks into staff without giving back any praise for doing them. The more we do the more they seem to think we can take on.

Everyone is out for themselves. Not a lot of teamworks or support
Pros
Non
Cons
large nhs trust but has alot of genuine people working for them who are good at their jobs and want to help. staff work hard to account for short staffing.
There is an enormous amount of pressure working reception in A&E . You work 12 hour shifts, often with no break and always under staffed. The new shift pattern forced on the staff mean you can work at all 3 sites on different shifts in the same week. E.g. Night at dewsbury, day at pinderfields and afternoon at Pontefract in the same week. You also lose money when on holiday or sick.
Cons
Hours, Christmas and bank holidays
Pinderfields hodpital has undertaken many changes since I was employed there. All the theatres are now together in one unit, I think there are 15 theatres at PGH now.
Everyone is miserable, no one talks to you, not even a good morning and that's within your own team! Management don't listen to ideas or make improvents, never see them on a typical day as they are having meetings about meetings for meetings. Only allowed 30 mins lunchbreak, no thanks ever given by management. No review even when you ask for one, no job prospects, pay just above min wage.
Pros
20% off in cafe
Cons
Low pay & no team spirit
A typical day at work included seeing acute elderly patients and patients diagnosed with Stroke for Stroke rehabilitation. Also provided neuro rehab as well
Within the admin industry this company neither encourages or supports in advancing in your career. Poor recognition and low staff morale. Increased stress
Cons
Found no job satisfaction , constant pressure always short staffed...................
......................

Too much pressure going on within the nhs
Pros
Cons
Frustrated
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6