Microsoft
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Microsoft Employee Reviews

United Kingdom197 reviews
Fun workplace
Overall the whole experience at Microsoft is good, the only down side was that the management team weren't to the level of the company's culture.
They are amazing benefits where are very practical.
Worst job I ever had
If I went to the whole sorry experience I would be here forever.

They changed my job, the day I started, I was bullied and not respected and they are more interested in being politically correct than anything else.
Cons
dishonest, bullying
Workplace culture
I can work from home which is flexible but I wish i have more pay after 3 years.
There is little exposure to move around in the company which does not provide room for growth
Contract work in testing
Well paid, structured QA day in testing of Skype app over various devices. Team spread over several countries. All equipment provided to do the job.
Fast Paced and Innovative
The work was fast paced with a good team of people who were supportive and open. It was satisfying as the team was working on a complex and challenging migration piece that the client had been unable to resolve internally. We successfully completed the work and later won a second batch of work based on the teams reputation.
productive and fun workplace
Great environment; loved working here. Met great people that helped other succeed.

Work wasn't too challenging after training and support from others.

Would definitely carry on working here if it wasn't a contract.
productive
learnt a lot of new skills, sharpened alot of my skills and made an amazing network that has helped me a lot. I also learnt how to make a cv witht them.
Professional and Collaborative
Working with great products and part of a team that is championing best practice within both technology and candidate interaction.
There is a lot scope to learn new things and take on additional assignments to really push yourself whilst also providing security and assistance from a multitude of teams.

Business culture has changed dramatically over the last few years and Microsoft is great place to provide both professional challenge whilst also respecting personal limitations and priorities.

If you are looking to part of a growing business that is changing the way the world works for the good then I would highly recommend as an employer.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Microsoft?
Fun and Diverse place to work
Very high tempo work in Oxford Circus, with a lot of fun and activities. I learnt a range of skills and developed massively in tech knowledge. A very inclusive culture and environment.
Productive, self motivated, home working
Excellent Opportunities - flexible working hours - working form home - trusted to deliver results on time - opportunities to prove self-worth - continuous networking opportunities
Great place of work
Having the ability to work in one of the world's leading technology companies comes with its benefits. Every other company wants me now. Therefore I have nothing but praise for them. It only gets stressful towards launch dates.
Productive, competitive work place
Working at Microsoft is fun and at the same time competitive. The management is very helpful and supportive. Work culture wise, they are very flexible and believe in supporting their employees to their best capacity. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they allow you to speak your mind and all ideas are welcome. Salary wise, generally they pay less than the market average or expected.
Productive and fun place
Microsoft is excellent employer and invest in training and development of its employees. It was excellent experience working with great innovative minds
Productive and Fun
Brilliant place to work. I am currently working as an apprentice and have been given the best opportunities and am treated as if I have been here all my life. Its a collaborative environment where everyone is happy to help no matter the questions are.

Pros: Relaxed environment, collaborative
People here are great to work with, highly recommend working here.
The culture and work life balance is the best I have experienced.

Management are very supportive
Excellent place to work
Microsoft is an excellent place to work - Its a world leading technology company and yet you feel as if you are individually making a difference everyday. I would highly recommend anyone who wants to succeed in the industry to always consider working at Microsoft.
Difficult place to work
Good people, no structure and Management, it is all about the number. Very little collaboration with good people as everyone is driven to exceed targets. Other large organisations I worked for realised its about teamwork.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours firefighting
Collaborative and innovative
Loved every second working with some of the most intelligent people in the world. The opportunity to travel was incredible. I learned so much working for a global organisation, and grew my network immensely.
Contract work only
Do not hire full time Administration staff only contract working. Not great for job security. I only worked there for a short time as a contractor so have noting further to comment on
Excellent
Excellent top company, growth opportunities, nice salary and benefits.
Great offices and liberty to work from home,

Highly recommend.

Great culture, no bias.
Fully engaging. Workplace culture keeps you on your toes all the time. Daily reporting requirement can be overwhelming and extremely demanding. All in all the its so full of benefits.