Microsoft Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh27 November 2018
Great people, fast moving change environment. Pro-activity encouraged and rewarded.
The speed of change with M365 fast releases makes the job challenging but rewarding.
Pros
As a contractor not involved in a lot of discussions and decisions that impact your role.
Cons
Work/Life balance could be better
Flexible and fun
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 November 2018
very good culture, lots of opportunity to change roles and explore different areas within the business. Explored different areas such as testing and sales.
Great company to work for
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London13 November 2018
Overall Microsoft has been a great company to work for. The work life balance is just about right and the pay and benefits are comparable to other companies.
Pros
Good discounts on Microsoft Services and Software
Cons
Still very US centric.
Proactive Flexible Workspace
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading8 November 2018
Amazing Office, Loving Teams, Eventful Days.

Microsoft is a 5 star company to work for and I am proud to have been a part of their development.

Day to day, in a flexible office space with a good work/life flow.
Pros
Free Fizzy Drinks
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Enjoyable place to work
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London29 October 2018
Although shown as Microsoft, I was actually working on Contract for SKYPE post the Microsoft acquisition through a consultancy (OOMRI).
My Role was the re-addressing of SKYPE corporate address space to MS standards.

An enjoyable place to work, Staff at SKYPE helpful and knowledgeable.
Great company
Director, Global Online Operations (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2018
Microsoft is a great company to work for with very talented people. The culture is typical american where you work hard and are measured on performance , however there is alot of fun and the enviroment is fantastic.
I learned a lot about delivering results against plans, strategies and timelines as well as the power of teamwork and collaboration
Pros
Good salary, free drinks, excellent worklife balance and great benefits
Cons
Can be extremely difficult to get promoted to more senior levels
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante e flessibile
Account Manager; Gestione (Former Employee) –  County Antrim6 October 2018
Ottima esperienza professionale e di vita.
Ambiente multiculturale atto a favorire scambi professionali e culturali.
Pros
Pausa caffè e momenti ludici con il team
Cons
Nessuno
good
Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  London5 October 2018
such a great environment easy office life, can work from home, tech growth mindset, international one of the biggest companies. diversity and inclusion
Great workplace
Senior Marketing Manager - B2B (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2018
Most professional , driven company I have worked for , quality of management superb. Conditions and benefits are really flexible, technology as you would expect is superb.
Pros
Superb professionalism
Cons
Can be very demanding on deadlines and timelines, lot of pressure to deliver
would have LOVED being an FTE - contractors treated awfully
Campaign Operations Manager - Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire3 October 2018
the job its self was intereasting and varied, and the staff (i.e. other contractors) were fantastic people and great to work with.

my direct line manager (microsoft FTE) was an excellent manager and I had the utmost respect for her professionally.

However the Leadership very much saw Contractors as "disposable resources" (albeit obviously very useful ones!) and so there were certain situatiuons whereby there was a definite feel that we were treated as subordinates.

Microsoft introduced a global policy whereby contractors would not be permitted to work longer than 18-months with the company, and did not take any on as permanent employees after this time during either of my tenures with the company.
Empresa con buenas condiciones para conciliar la vida familiar y laboral
UK SMS&P sales support at Sales Department (Former Employee) –  Reading (United Kingdom)28 September 2018
Fácil manera de trabajar, tienen muy en cuenta la vida familiar fuera del trabajo.

Ninguna pega a la hora de trabajar desde casa si uno o varios días por cualquier motivo no se puede ir a la oficina.

Todo los compañeros ponían mucho empeño y nos ayudaban que a los nuevos trabajadores para que nos adaptásemos a la empresa y a su cultura de trabajo

Mi opinión es de Microsoft Reading (Inglaterra)
Cons
Fui con una beca de 6 meses, no me dieron la oportunidad de continuar desde un inicio
A huge step up
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  UK20 September 2018
Microsoft helped me cut my teeth and to transition from a dying industry to a thriving one.

Microsoft gave me trust, training, opportunity and rewards. Almost wish I had never left.
Great place going through a deep cultural transformation
Talent Acquisition Partner EMEA (Current Employee) –  London3 August 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Microsoft, further developing my stakeholders engagement skills as well as my direct sourcing expertise on quite a wide range of both individual contributor roles and leadership/people management roles across EMEA. I have learnt to be a better business trusted advisor, by asking good questions, actively listening, showing genuine interest in the business, using empathy and growth mindset. I have also reinforced my coaching skills with my stakeholders.
Superb
Frontline Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 July 2018
Superb company to work for, fond memories. Fantastic benefits and facilities. Cutting edge technology. Culture is very good. Allows scope to challenge conventional methodologies and ideas. Good management and clear company mission statement and direction.
Workplace culture
RETENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim18 July 2018
It's important that we feel encouraged to contribute to their unique insight and skills to help solve some of the most complex technology challenges. We were supporting seven major employee groups and over 40 employee networks that help us build a supportive community across Microsoft.
Pros
Huge brand
Cons
Salary
Enjoyable i guess
misunderstanding (Former Employee) –  nowhere17 July 2018
Never worked there. Well there is nothing i can actually say since there seems to be a misundertsanding with your website. never worked there so nothing to say. sorry
Productive and a fun place to work at
Office Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paddington4 July 2018
while working at Microsoft as a Temp, they made you feel welcome as if you been there for years, everyone is just so friendly.

they were quick to help when I didn't understand how something worked.

it was overall just a great environment, they had gaming rooms where you could just relax and keep your mind off work for a while.
Great company to work for- No advancement opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London3 June 2018
Great job culture and benefits but minimal advancement opportunities.

Pros
Flexitime
Bonuses

No progression
Critical management
Productive and fun workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading23 May 2018
It was grate workplace. Very friendly and nicely peoples. They always was ready to help.
This job I started with very basic langue so I was glad for every litle help.
New IT experience gained
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading17 May 2018
It was a very fast paced work environment with working under pressure. Attention to detail, organisation and timely manner were excepted. I was training new Microsoft employees on set up of their equipment and providing them with everything they needed e.g. logins, authorisations, technical errors to be fixed with help of technical engineers, provided cables,booked stock orders etc.
Pros
A lot of new experience
Cons
different work responsibilities than included in the original contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2