Michael Page Employee Reviews

Good experience
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 September 2019
The second time I have worked through Michael Page /Page Personnel, both times have been hassle free in every respect, obviously no job advancement as its an agency but in my view a very good and honest agency. The company I worked for were very nice and very friendly. No issues at all.
A great place to work that will allow you to flourish
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Holborn16 August 2019
Page was a wonderful place to work, with managers who cared about your development. It offered top class training in recruitment and the company culture was great.
Incompetent Management/Team Leader
Compliance (Former Employee) –  London6 July 2019
Compliance Department - Very poor team leader and the manager is not interested in hearing how the team is getting along.

No training actually provided as promised - rather chucked straight into the deep end. If you ask any questions - they think you are incapable of completing the workload or you are told to find the information out for yourself.

No job security - loads of temp contracts - so that they can get rid of you whenever they feel like doing so. During my time at the company - around 10/12 people fired. In my team at one point we was down to a team of 3 people when there should be 5/6 people in a team - more pressure and no appreciation either.

No communication if there is an issue, neither any support from senior team members (team leader) - you get picked on - rather than trying to resolve the problem (a lot of indirect form of bullying).

Team meetings are not constructive - always complaints from management. No rewards or recognition for all the hard work.

Would not recommend joining this company.
Cons
Terrible incompetant team leader/management
Totally incompetent
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Scotland14 February 2019
Wages not paid, they state 4hr response time to queries. Took 3 days. Local consultant only keen on getting you into a job. Very little help afterwards. They charge clients per hour almost as much as the temp gets paid. Will never work for them again.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent
Hard work but enjoyable workplace
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Holborn, Greater London16 October 2018
I was a summer intern here at Michael Page, i was exposed to a large amount of the business. I was treated as a core member of the team and was given a lot of Responsibility.
Pros
Team days were always good fun
Cons
Long Hours
Always on hand to provide expert advice
Child Protection/Safeguarding Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham6 June 2018
Great agency to work for. Always on hand to provide advice and guidance when needed. Helpful staff and would most certainly se them again should the opportunity arise.
Pros
Contact was made easier by continued interaction
Cons
Only offered 3/6 month contracts
Just a sales job
Consultant (Current Employee) –  UK19 March 2018
Guess this is the industry maybe but MP is very much a sales job. All about the numbers and as long as you close the job they are happy.

Short term clients are better than the long term once and as long as you find any candidate they are happy. All about numbers in this company but ok money to be made
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Lying to clients
Great culture, supportive management but a little old school in approach
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG3 December 2012
A typical day at work includes canvassing for new roles, business development, candidate resourcing, client liaison, chasing debt, training staff, client meeting, candidate interviews, filling positions, offer management, negotiation, selling solutions.

I've learnt everything around running a successful, professional and full sales lifecycle. Most importantly, I've learnt how to develop business from scratch, sell solutions and create long-standing partnerships that bring repeat business & guaranteed revenue.

Management has been extremely supportive throughout my time at Michael Page. Everything is open plan, no matter how senior you are. Therefore, there is very much a collegiate atmosphere. Michael Page is very much a meritocracy.

I am friends with a number of my co-workers, both past & present. There is a mixed bag of quality due to the staff churn in the recruitment industry. Therefore, there aren't as many people to aspire to as I would like.

The hardest part of my job has changed during my career at Michael Page. Currently the biggest challenge is managing to balance my billing obligations versus my management requirements. However, the consistent theme in recruitment is being resilient enough to take disappointment in your stride and keep moving forward.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed, especially through my mentoring & coaching. However, I still very much enjoy being at the front-line, making solution sells and placing candidates.
Pros
great brand, culture and people
Cons
remuneration and an element of being "stuck in their ways"