Michael Page
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Michael Page Employee Reviews

United Kingdom46 reviews
Fast Paced
Fast paced business offering plenty of challenge. Lots of fun to be had in all their teams and plenty of coaching and training to help you make great strides in agency recruitment.
Do not work here
You’ll be stressed, sad, and overworked. You’re constantly shouted at no matter how hard you work and there is zero respect, especially for women. Avoid
Good ambiance - working ambiance !
I was there as a temp and I had already worked for Michael Page in France as a PA.
No messing about. You do your job but you can always ask for help.

You need to be well dressed : no jeans or sweatpants even if you are not in contact with the public.
Static and political working environment
Decisions made by long serving management team who steer the direct, progress and culture of organisation somewhat limiting the capabilities of those individuals who join the company.

Highly political and survival depands who you are backed by.
Consultant
Good training but tiny specialisms where sabotage is encourged to win.

Fees are more important than service

High turn over of staff

Brand name is recognisable and opens doors but increasingly bad reputation from stressed consultants offering poor service
Good experience
The second time I have worked through Michael Page /Page Personnel, both times have been hassle free in every respect, obviously no job advancement as its an agency but in my view a very good and honest agency. The company I worked for were very nice and very friendly. No issues at all.
A great place to work that will allow you to flourish
Page was a wonderful place to work, with managers who cared about your development. It offered top class training in recruitment and the company culture was great.
Incompetent Management/Team Leader
Compliance Department - Very poor team leader and the manager is not interested in hearing how the team is getting along.

No training actually provided as promised - rather chucked straight into the deep end. If you ask any questions - they think you are incapable of completing the workload or you are told to find the information out for yourself.

No job security - loads of temp contracts - so that they can get rid of you whenever they feel like doing so. During my time at the company - around 10/12 people fired. In my team at one point we was down to a team of 3 people when there should be 5/6 people in a team - more pressure and no appreciation either.

No communication if there is an issue, neither any support from senior team members (team leader) - you get picked on - rather than trying to resolve the problem (a lot of indirect form of bullying).

Team meetings are not constructive - always complaints from management. No rewards or recognition for all the hard work.

Would not recommend joining this company.
Cons
Terrible incompetant team leader/management
Great career development poor work life balance
Often take people with little or no experience, so great for people looking to get into recruitment. Great training a clear progression routes for billing and management roles. If you are working for a good director you'll be fine but if you aren't your experience will be very different. Culture of presentism despite them saying otherwise.
Pay good basics and car allowances but bonus is poor.
Pros
Career development
Cons
Poor work life balance
Totally incompetent
Wages not paid, they state 4hr response time to queries. Took 3 days. Local consultant only keen on getting you into a job. Very little help afterwards. They charge clients per hour almost as much as the temp gets paid. Will never work for them again.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent
Great company with exceptional training and leadership
I have worked for Michael Page for 8 years and have enjoyed every minute!
Michael Page is a professional business that has grown internationally. The leadership team is exceptional - they are innovative, intelligent and work hard.

Michael Page offer a fantastic service and have a culture of putting the customer first.

I have worked for 3 other recruitment businesses that are inferior to Michael Page.

I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a career in recruitment.
Pros
Great rewards, innovative, fun, great people who care
Cons
Hard work but enjoyable workplace
I was a summer intern here at Michael Page, i was exposed to a large amount of the business. I was treated as a core member of the team and was given a lot of Responsibility.
Pros
Team days were always good fun
Cons
Long Hours
Always on hand to provide expert advice
Great agency to work for. Always on hand to provide advice and guidance when needed. Helpful staff and would most certainly se them again should the opportunity arise.
Pros
Contact was made easier by continued interaction
Cons
Only offered 3/6 month contracts
Just a sales job
Guess this is the industry maybe but MP is very much a sales job. All about the numbers and as long as you close the job they are happy.

Short term clients are better than the long term once and as long as you find any candidate they are happy. All about numbers in this company but ok money to be made
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Lying to clients
Good but slightly disappointed
So I applied for a job through Michael page and that was for SSCL. The women at Michael page (Rebecca jess) was and has been very very helpful and supporting throughout the full procedure and will definitely give her credit for. Such a lovely and friendly women to speak too.

Now the downside to this is when I applied and went in to have a discussion with her , there was 3 shift patterns available. (8-4, 9-5, 3-11pm) and didmention that I wouldn’t prefer the 3-11pm shift due to my current situation and social life. Said that was fine as when I get to SSCL they will sort that out. I’m currently working for SSCL now and unfortunately I got the 3-11pm shift and they can’t change that. (For now). So slightly disappointed because of that but still have to give her credit for how helpful and supportive she has been throughout this full employment procedure. Would of been 5 stars if I got th shift I wanted.
Pros
Pay, flexible break, lunches
Cons
3-11pm unsocial shift. No holiday pay
dfg
very good job, loved every minute of it.
progression wirthin the company is amazing

managers are great.

#

wages you get paid a lot for what you do and defin
Great environment with supportive colleagues
Page offers a fun and enjoyable workplace environment with colleagues who are helpful and reliable.

The role of a Consultant can be very demanding and may not be for everyone. Performance is measured against daily and weekly KPIs. Hours are generally longer than most other roles.

In summary, if you are looking for a fun workplace environment and are prepared to work long hours and hit targets consistently then Page is a great place to be.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, supportive colleagues
Cons
Long hours, demanding targets
productive
A very enjoyable post graduate internship. Learnt the basics of recruitment, including tasks relating to both clients and candidates, whilst also been warmly welcomed into the team.
MPH is a good company to work and employees are very helpful.
My job is a contract job with small finance team, worked very long hours to meet dead lines.Very old accounting system not updated for 20 years. Management introduced new system in August 17.Did not have time for fun due to volume of work.
Pros
Friendly employees.
Cons
To far to travel.
Amazing
Different from my other ones actually my favorite one as it was in the UK when i was studying and it was part of my college to go work with them as part of my project and it was the best one ever
Great team
I can't fault MPI they are a great bunch to work with, unfortunately due to personal circumstances i had to move away from central london and as such find a new recruiter.