Michael Page Employee Reviews

Always on hand to provide expert advice
Child Protection/Safeguarding Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham6 June 2018
Great agency to work for. Always on hand to provide advice and guidance when needed. Helpful staff and would most certainly se them again should the opportunity arise.
Pros
Contact was made easier by continued interaction
Cons
Only offered 3/6 month contracts
Just a sales job
Consultant (Current Employee) –  UK19 March 2018
Guess this is the industry maybe but MP is very much a sales job. All about the numbers and as long as you close the job they are happy.

Short term clients are better than the long term once and as long as you find any candidate they are happy. All about numbers in this company but ok money to be made
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Lying to clients
Great culture, supportive management but a little old school in approach
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG3 December 2012
A typical day at work includes canvassing for new roles, business development, candidate resourcing, client liaison, chasing debt, training staff, client meeting, candidate interviews, filling positions, offer management, negotiation, selling solutions.

I've learnt everything around running a successful, professional and full sales lifecycle. Most importantly, I've learnt how to develop business from scratch, sell solutions and create long-standing partnerships that bring repeat business & guaranteed revenue.

Management has been extremely supportive throughout my time at Michael Page. Everything is open plan, no matter how senior you are. Therefore, there is very much a collegiate atmosphere. Michael Page is very much a meritocracy.

I am friends with a number of my co-workers, both past & present. There is a mixed bag of quality due to the staff churn in the recruitment industry. Therefore, there aren't as many people to aspire to as I would like.

The hardest part of my job has changed during my career at Michael Page. Currently the biggest challenge is managing to balance my billing obligations versus my management requirements. However, the consistent theme in recruitment is being resilient enough to take disappointment in your stride and keep moving forward.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed, especially through my mentoring & coaching. However, I still very much enjoy being at the front-line, making solution sells and placing candidates.
Pros
great brand, culture and people
Cons
remuneration and an element of being "stuck in their ways"