Play YouTube video button

Michael Page UK Pay & Benefits reviews

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Midlands15 July 2016
Hours are too long, too much pressure. Difficult to hit targets as other consultants in your sector are only interested in their own pipeline of work
Ok overall
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ENG26 January 2015
I had just moved back from Spain and it was a good place to get started in London. It was a good environment but I only worked there for a short time.
Fun place to work. I have gained good experience
Credit Controller - UAE/Qatar (Current Employee) –  Slough19 December 2014
Local firm, fun place to work. I have gained knowledge of Credit Control in the Middle East.

Management are friendly.
Co-workers are friendly.

The hardest part of the job would be coping with the time difference between UAE Qatar and the UK. Also they work Sundays and have Friday Off
Pros
15 minute walk from home
Cons
Salary
Page Group Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London6 October 2014
I worked for this monstrosity of an organisation for twelve weeks and they were the worst of my working life. You are sat at a computer and told to read from a script with very little coaching or direction. I was told one thing by my direct manager and then another by his manager. I was pressured into making vast amounts of calls and then quizzed in front of the office about what I'd achieved, which due to the substandard training I received was nothing. The people were generally friendly although there is a massive bragging culture and everyone thinks their better than everyone else. I felt like burden a when I asked for help and was made to work from 8:00 until 18:30 even though my contract was 9:00 until 17:00. I work longer hours now but through choice and because I need to, not because corporate strategy forces me to. I had several sit downs with directors where I was made to feel like the most incompetent useless worker ever hired by the company and I felt like i was constructively forced out of the company.

The pay was good and the bonus scheme never pays out.

Those who recruitment comes naturally to will have a great career and make loads of money, but those who need a bit of time and investment to learn and develop will be dumped into unemployment by or before the 12 week probation is over.
Pros
Good basic salary
Cons
Little training, poor coaching and development, mixed messages from managers, 'one up manship' culture, dump employees who sturggle into the abyss
Professional work place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Slough30 October 2013
Full time, learnt admin skills, co-workers are nice, 9-5 working hours
Pros
Wages