Play YouTube video button
Michael Page UK

Michael Page UK Employee Reviews for Consultant

Page Group Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London6 October 2014
I worked for this monstrosity of an organisation for twelve weeks and they were the worst of my working life. You are sat at a computer and told to read from a script with very little coaching or direction. I was told one thing by my direct manager and then another by his manager. I was pressured into making vast amounts of calls and then quizzed in front of the office about what I'd achieved, which due to the substandard training I received was nothing. The people were generally friendly although there is a massive bragging culture and everyone thinks their better than everyone else. I felt like burden a when I asked for help and was made to work from 8:00 until 18:30 even though my contract was 9:00 until 17:00. I work longer hours now but through choice and because I need to, not because corporate strategy forces me to. I had several sit downs with directors where I was made to feel like the most incompetent useless worker ever hired by the company and I felt like i was constructively forced out of the company.

The pay was good and the bonus scheme never pays out.

Those who recruitment comes naturally to will have a great career and make loads of money, but those who need a bit of time and investment to learn and develop will be dumped into unemployment by or before the 12 week probation is over.
Pros
Good basic salary
Cons
Little training, poor coaching and development, mixed messages from managers, 'one up manship' culture, dump employees who sturggle into the abyss
Tbc
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol15 September 2014
Role involving sourcing finance and accounting professionals from newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA through to Finance Director roles, mainly within banking and financial services.

• Handling candidate recruitment, account and client development and client relationship management.
• Responsible for growth of client base within financial services sector and significant increase in revenue from sector well above set targets, achieved through new business development. 20% above annual revenue target.
• Assisting in setting up new team to increase contract recruitment revenue.
• Advising line/hiring managers on potential recruitment strategies.