Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate14 reviews
United Kingdom14 reviews
A typical day would consist of opening up the store early where i would clean, back-stock, check deliveries, cash in tills, and make myself look presentable before opening hours. i would then greet customers, listen to what they need and want, and then advise them on products and merchandise.
i learned how to tailor my approach to many different customers of varying backgrounds and cultures in order to provide them with the best customer service possible.

management was fair and helpful in achieving daily, weekly and monthly targets. flexible with out of work activities and shift patterns, and very warm and friendly from my first day.

the hardest part of the job was staying motivated and productive during quiet periods but i overcame this by focusing my attention on each and every customer that came into store and making sure i made that sale.

the most enjoyable part of the job was working towards our set daily sales target and earning sales and commission for myself.
Pros
Discount & Comission
Cons
Wearing Heels standing up for long hour shifts
a great place to work with a fast paced competitive environment. great management. passion for customer service is key to work here. some days can be slow such as off peak trade but this is the best time to grow within the MK family and build relationships with your peers.
Supportive management, growing

Internal promotions.

Team building

In depth training on a monthly basis

Vast range of products to endorse and work with
It was a good experience to be part of Michael Kors team. The overall atmosphere was good and the discount was very attractive to be honest. The payment has always been on time with really good wages
I worked part-time in an outlet in Portsmouth. The salary with commission is absolutely amazing. Management was very well trained and were able to motivate every single day. The work hours were also flexible around my studies.
The managers were very rude and swore frequently to employees and in front of customers. They made you do jobs that were not in your contract. The company required me to pay back my entire final pay cheque because I quit before finishing the month.
Pros
Commission
Official response from Michael Kors
2 January 2018
We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our core values. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and culture, please visit our Careers site www.michaelkors.com/careers.
- Michael Kors Human Resources
Great place to work and in my experience, with lovely people. Opportunities to win competitions, especially around christmas time. Hardest part of the job is meeting sales targets on very quiet days.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Must wear heeled shoes at work
Tasks where tedious and very easy. Shifts where long and the hour unpaid lunch break made the day drag. However the staff discounts where generous and the pay was good for how easy the job was. typical day the shift would start at 9 and would finish at 6.
Pros
50 % staff discounts
Cons
long shifts
Really good company to work for. Sale goals were sometimes crazy and not achievable as not every day is a busy day. Great co-workers and good atmosphere in store, however there's a big competition and when it comes to sale, people are fighting for customers and treating each other as rivals rather than friends.
Pros
good pay, discount
Cons
high heels, competition
I have grown a lot as a Sales Associate from working in the shop, its really a great place to work.
Work not acknowledged
Non-friendly environment

non realistic targets

Heels all day
Pros
work for a luxury brand
Cons
non realistic targets
I am a self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate with excellent communication and IT skills. I am articulate and personable with the ability to work both on my own and as part of a team. I am ideally looking for a dynamic role, in a forward-thinking environment where I will have the opportunity to progress and develop. I have great attention to detail and a creative flair along with excellent experience which I hope to utilise in a future position.
I used to sale to targets and always made sure I achieve them.
I learned managerial skills.
You cant deny the amazingly generous discount that MK gives to its staff, on top of wardrobe and comission.

The money part is rather good but i was only there for a temporary basis and this job required me every bit of energy to keep me going daily as it was very competitive.

Not hitting the daily target meant being ignored by managers, if work colleagues did not like you they would cold bloodily steal clients away, especially during peak times when no one could hit their targets ..it meant WAR.

As someone already mentioned, due to the need of hitting the Daily target, achieving the opposite would cause a chain reaction onto manager team, so they would talk about you behind back and all agree not to appreciate you.
Pros
free wardrobe, occasional free lunch, commission, good basic pay
Cons
competitive, incompetent and unprofessional manager team, pressurising