Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,552 reviews
The work in Michael kors was fairly good and easy. Management was also good but would of loved it more if the pay for my experience was slightly higher
Typically overworked and underpaid, often doing tasks outside of the regularly expected job demands. Poor management and high turn over rate. Unclear policies which lead to challenges on the sales floor. Upper management seemingly prefers to hire unqualified external candidates compared to promoting qualified internal employees.
13 August 2020
We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We strongly believe that our people are our greatest asset and we work hard to ensure that our employees have room to grow. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and our company culture, please visit www.michaelkors.com/careers.

- Michael Kors Human Resources
Great career starter! Fun place to meet people and learn key selling techniques! Great training andnon boarding that will last a lifetime. They invest in you if you do as well.
11 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working at Michael Kors.

-Michael Kors Human Resources
Great company to learn customer service, greeting people , good for outgoing people and love to speak
To new people , definitely gotta be good at working fast and learn fast
Pros
Good for a first job
5 August 2020
Thank you for taking your time to provide us with feedback on Michael Kors, we appreciate you!

- Michael Kors Human Resources
I really like it there. The management team is great as long as you put in the effort. Awesome place to work and socialize.Managers are really good about training new people. Typical day for me was starting from working out a new freight and helping commission consultants. The hardest part about the job is making your selling goal. The best part is gaining an experience from working for a luxury brand.
Pros
Michael Kors wardrobe
Cons
Short hours
5 August 2020
Thank you for your review of Michael Kors, we appreciate you being the direct line of support for our customers!

-Michael Kors Human Resources
The company was difficult. District management didn’t help the stores but expected high sales from a small town. Often found that the type of people hired were expected to have a “certain look”. Upper management (District and store) would expect a great deal from you with no pay out or reward. The store went months without a store manger before I quite.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
Bad management/discriminatory work environment
2 August 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our employees and recognize that they are the key to our success. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels respected and that their contributions are valued. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and our company culture, please visit www.michaelkors.com/careers.

-Michael Kors Human Resources
I cannot stress enough how bad this company is. There's no respect or care for the wellbeing of the employees by both the higher-ups and the store managers (for example, saying that if all of us tested positive for COVID, they would just cover it up from the public and keep us open anyway). It's catty, pretentious, and just downright terrible. I would never recommend anyone work here.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No benefits, terrible management, no respect for employees, entitled customers, catty environment
30 July 2020

-Michael Kors Human Resources
Results Driven. Great customer training and product training. Early morning staff meetings to refresh goals and training. Fun, great people and sales associates.
Pros
good discount
Cons
management is poor
28 July 2020

Muy buena marca.
Capacitacion buena.

Ventas buenas.
Awful work culture, staff is catty.
Company expects management to work far too many hours with no remuneration for them. Unacceptable

No support from upper company management
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life balance
27 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected and that their contributions are valued. Taking care of our associates is one of our core values. We continuously look for ways to ensure that associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities.

- Michael Kors Human Resources
Worked with cool people, management was very considering of people's needs, great place to start in retail. Weekend are busy with tourist from around the world. Luxury feel.
Pros
Recognition for doing a great job, Job flexibility, Management would work with you if you need to request a day off, Looks good on resume, Awesome store discounts
Cons
No commission at the outlet store I worked in, which is the busiest in the country. Only partime is offered, your promotion would be being full-time with higher pay.
20 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and discuss it with the appropriate teams.

- Michael Kors Human Resources
This job paid ok at the time. I was treated very poorly by a coworker. Other employees were also not treated with respect. Management and upper management turned the other way and did nothing regarding the problem which made me leave
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Disrespectful behavior
13 July 2020

-Michael Kors Human Resources
Popularity contest. It’s a group of judgmental sorority sisters that you have to try and fit in with. You work long hrs with zero recognition. The expectations are outrageous for the pay
8 July 2020
We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we aim to ensure that our compensation and various benefits packages are competitive and meet industry standards. We will review your feedback with the appropriate teams.

-Michael Kors Human Resources
I left MK solely on the basis that I was not paid enough for my role. They pay way under market value. The company itself was good, and I was fortunate enough to have wonderful managers and amazing teams to work with. I learned a lot. Advancement takes time, but if you’re patient, it will happen.
Pros
Clothing allowance, advancement opportunities, open door policies
Cons
Awful pay
11 August 2020

-Michael Kors Human Resources
The job here doesn’t pay much, but it’s a good start to familiarize yourself with how to sell products. It is a very fast paced and sociable environment.

-Michael Kors Human Resources
mindy hamilll is a great manager she taught me alot i learned the difference in the bags with the training manual you can ask for they will print it
Pros
free lunch near a starbucks
Cons
black friday was a mess not the store but the busiest day before thanksgiving

-Michael Kors Human Resources
Hallo ik werk nu al weer meer dan 3 jaar voor michael kors.
Eerst via manpower en nu al bijna meer dan 2 jaar via vast contract.

Ik kan dit bedrijf aanraden voor iedereen je moet wel van aanpakken weten met tijden hard werken ligt eraan hoe druk het is.

Ik ga elke dag met plezier naar mijn werk ik werk op de vas afdeling.

Als daar weinig werk is wordt je ingepland op andere afdelingen.

Iedereen is beleefd daar dat is een vereiste regel.

Je word geleerd op verschillende afdelingen te werken.

Ik vindt dit bedrijf een aanrader is tot nu toe het fijnste bedrijf waar ik heb gewerkt.
Pros
Werksfeer, mensen daar, werktijden.
Cons
Soms werkdruk.
Terrible management. Refuses to help with training new staff and development for their staff, always gossips openly around all staff members, tasks you with things not typical to your normal duties and then talks about you to everyone else about how bad you are at your job. The most unprofessional experience I’ve ever had.
Pros
Monthly wardrobe piece and decent discount
Cons
Pay, management, environment

-Michael Kors Human Resources
Outlet is a high volume and fast paced environment that is very demanding. Lots of foot traffic and bulk buyers that require a lot of attention. Sales goals are high and sometimes unrealistic. Monthly bonuses for exceeding sales goals and meeting payroll expectations

- Michael Kors Human Resources
Une forte culture anime cet espace professionnalisant. La réputation de cette marque provoque des journées de travail stimulantes. Une équipe très professionnelle et volontaire encadre les novices avec bienveillance.
I loved working at the grove city Michael kors. The management team is great there and they always want you to succeed at everything you do. Yes holiday season is super crazy but they make it fun!
15 June 2020