Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Found 55 reviews matching the search See all 1,261 reviews
It used to be best place to work
Stock manager (Former Employee) –  London5 May 2019
When i first started it was best company to work for. We had great team and management and i literally couldn't wait to go to work. Work was hard but it was still fun. In 2016 it started to change and i guess greed took over to save on salaries and all good people started leaving company and they have been replaced by less qualified and not so great with people management at head office so they can pay them less than the previous employees. Staff was constantly changing because of that plus they were making your life a pain. Constantly coming up with new weird rules that made no sense. They opened up too many stores and made it common and no longer luxurious.
Pros
good holiday entitlement, pension
Cons
asked to do beyond your job description and no understanding staff
Nice place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne7 March 2019
Supportive management, growing

Internal promotions.

Team building

In depth training on a monthly basis

Vast range of products to endorse and work with
Michael Kors Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol17 February 2019
A typical day would consist of opening up the store early where i would clean, back-stock, check deliveries, cash in tills, and make myself look presentable before opening hours. i would then greet customers, listen to what they need and want, and then advise them on products and merchandise.
i learned how to tailor my approach to many different customers of varying backgrounds and cultures in order to provide them with the best customer service possible.
management was fair and helpful in achieving daily, weekly and monthly targets. flexible with out of work activities and shift patterns, and very warm and friendly from my first day.
the hardest part of the job was staying motivated and productive during quiet periods but i overcame this by focusing my attention on each and every customer that came into store and making sure i made that sale.
the most enjoyable part of the job was working towards our set daily sales target and earning sales and commission for myself.
Pros
Discount & Comission
Cons
Wearing Heels standing up for long hour shifts
productive and interesting work place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regent Street, London8 February 2019
Working here was pretty great. The staff are extremely friendly and make sure to welcome all new members. There is definitely a big emphasis of team work, which makes the working environment more enjoyable (independence needed too!). If you are a confident person, who loves luxury retail and meeting new people, then this job would be perfect for you.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits
Cons
long hours, can become very competetive
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 November 2018
It was a good experience to be part of Michael Kors team. The overall atmosphere was good and the discount was very attractive to be honest. The payment has always been on time with really good wages
Fun Work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire29 October 2018
There we had the opportunity to interact not only with the customer but also with work colleagues. Everyone had the same respect and attention. If we needed help with anything, management would always help.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long travel
Absolutely amazing place to work in.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire8 August 2018
I worked part-time in an outlet in Portsmouth. The salary with commission is absolutely amazing. Management was very well trained and were able to motivate every single day. The work hours were also flexible around my studies.
Questionable management
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 July 2018
The company itself is great to work for, however progression and management are another story. Constantly asking for more work to do and asking to take on extra responsibility. Its very clicky.
Pros
good salary
Cons
management
A very good company to work for
shop floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  South23 May 2018
The company look after their employees well, lots of extra incentives and perks.
Good commission.
Nice working environment.
Worked every weekend - but it is retail!
Loved everything about this job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire16 April 2018
Michael Kors is currently the best retail brand i've worked for so far, i received a lot of responsibilities from this job therefore made me fall in love with the job even more. The team was amazing to work with.
Productive Workplace
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire6 February 2018
Working at Michael Kors is a demanding but rewarding job, as everyone's roles helps improve the quality of work for all the other employees, creating a fun and comfortable working environment.
Wonderful!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 February 2018
Absolute dream to work here. They really challenge what it is to be a designer brand, and treat everyone who walks in to the store with the utmost respect and friendliness.

You really must be confident in talking to anyone as the main part of the job is approaching all customers. If you are timid/ shy this really isn't the job for you. The managers were wonderful in helping all the new staff come out their shell and super friendly.

Duties include:
Personal customer service
Fitting room service
Getting things out the stockroom/ filling bags
Tills
adjusting watches
Recovery of the shop floor -although usually its tidy anyways

The hardest part of the Job was probably running around in platform heels all day, your feet will suffer.

In all honesty this is the best job I have ever had, I never wanted to leave at the end of my shift and I would always start early because I wanted to be out on the shop floor.
Pros
Commission on top of a good wage
Cons
Shoes d:
Very productive and luxurious environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London18 January 2018
Working in Michale Kors, as a Christmas temp really helped me gain exellent communication skills, and it slo helped me develop better team working skills. It was my first job ever, and I must admmit when I left I felt a lot more mature and responsible, next thing I started doing was applying to other jobs, to gain different experiences.
Pros
Generous staff discount, and long lunches
Working for Michael Kors
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh15 January 2018
Michael Kors was a great place to work, they had loads of initiative schemes for staff and working for commission was always an excellent way to motivate yourself and surpass you sales targets. I learnt a lot about customer service, sales techniques, their business and values and much more. The management were great and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated when the shop was very quiet. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find exactly what they were looking for.
Pros
Uniform and Comission scheme
Cons
uncomforatble shoes
Demanding but rewarding
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire10 January 2018
The job keeps you on your toes but as long as you're good with people, you won't have any problems. The job is pretty flexible in the sense that my managers allow me to balance my education and job by only making me work on days I'm available.
Demanding Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent14 December 2017
The managers were very rude and swore frequently to employees and in front of customers. They made you do jobs that were not in your contract. The company required me to pay back my entire final pay cheque because I quit before finishing the month.
Pros
Commission
2 January 2018

We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our core values. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and culture, please visit our Careers site www.michaelkors.com/careers.

The WORST place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire4 December 2017
Do not work for this company!!!!!!! Management really don’t care about you or your wellbeing all they care about is hitting targets. If you don’t have “the look” you get treated differently to everyone! Management need better training on how to deal with associates. You get little to no training and just get thrown in, and when u make mistakes you get looked at or spoken to as if you’re scum!!!! I’m highly disappointed with the management of such a “high class luxury brand”
Pros
Discount
Cons
Heels, Management, poor training
2 January 2018

Great Company
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London11 November 2017
Great company to work for where hard work pays off, would recommend company to anyone. Great growth opportunities within operations in store and corporate.
Friendly but Overworked for Salary
UK & EMEA Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater London20 October 2017
We were paid very poorly in the UK - I'm not sure how it is in the US but in London it wasn't living wages for full time assistant / coordinator positions.
6 November 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our company’s values. We aim to ensure that our compensation and various benefits packages are competitive, fair, and meet industry standards.

Pleasurable place to work
Bicester Village - Stockroom Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Bicester7 September 2017
learnt alot about people skills, managing a team, working in stressed and fast paced conditions. A typical day would start with setting up the store, standards and making sure everyone is ready to go and pumped for the day ahead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.