MHS Homes Pay & Benefits reviews

Na
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham, Kent15 April 2017
MHS is a good company to work for and the staff are lovely and make it feel like a family environment. There are a number of benefits for working for mhs
Customer Service Advisor
Works Scheduler/Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  chatham, medway4 June 2014
CV ADDIITIONAL INFORMATION FOR MARCIA STILLWELL

I work as a Customer Service Advisor for mhs Homes. I am highly reliable and motivated CSA, with excellent knowledge and understanding of all aspects of office life, gained during a most varied and successful work history.

I have excellent customer service and communication skills developed using the Mary Gober method. I work with tact, diplomacy and confidential material. Always remain calm under pressure in order to achieve a positive outcome and contributes well to the team effort.

Dealing with customers via the phone and face-to-face, with a wide variety of queries and requests in relation to all the services provided by the mhs homes group. Ranging from rent/arrears queries and calculations, dealing with complaints, logging and planning repairs, liaising between customers, housing officers, other internal departments and 3rd parties, garage queries, commercial queries and many more requests.

Throughout my time at mhs Homes, I was seconded for 14 months to the Planning/DLO Team, using OptiTime and IBS Capita, amongst other internal systems. This involved calls direct from tenants, tradesmen and sub-contractors, logging jobs and prioritising if they are an emergency or need scheduling dates. Also scheduling/dispatching the works out to the necessary tradesmen.

I also dealt with the incoming emails from colleagues and outside companies, arranging the necessary works to be carried out with tenants. Also arranging and print all the works for the two surveyors. I was also responsible for the Free Decoration
  more... Scheme for the elderly and disabled tenants. This involves liaising with the tenants and decorators, booking in the sampling appointments and the works to be carried out appointments.

I have also been stand-in Senior Customer Service Advisor for the CSA Team when Managers or Team Leaders have been absent, whereby I ensured all staff were up to date with any new procedures.

I was involved in the training of DLO and set up of the new OptiTime System, in December 2010/January 2011. This involved extensive training and testing of systems, and patiently training and assisting the DLO with this difficult change.
I am happy to schedule the staff rota for both Broadside and Express. I have vast experience in scheduling/planning when I was a Planner for over 10 tradesmen, this was challenging with constant monitoring, however with a successful outcome at the end of each day.

I am presently monitoring the Repairs all letters that leave the company, to ensure they have correct wordings, accurate appointment dates and addresses. Also to ensure that post leaves the team on time for collection.

I have assisted the Complaints Manager with the Customer Service Strategy Focus Group, in chasing the CSA team to inform tenants of the meeting. Also I have taken the initiative (taken email addresses from incoming Complaints and Contact-Us inboxes) and pro-actively emailed tenants direct to invite them. I have also called tenants to confirm their attendance.

I actively check the OptiTime inbox throughout the day, to ensure any CSA jobs which are outstanding are logged to ensure tenant have an appointment. I will check OptiTime at the end of each day to ensure there are no outstanding appointments.

I assist all CSA’s, both at Broadside and Express, with any assistance, training needs and development they may need. I have trained/assisted CSA’s with the new OpenHousing repairs system 6.1, and I am more than happy to assist any team member.

I keep the team up to date with any changes throughout the company, which are relevant to our team with regular email updates.

I also have a good working relationship with all departments within mhs Homes.

I have a high performance work level, which reflects in my monthly 1-2-1’s and yearly appraisals. I have also received 5 or 6 Customer Excellence Awards.

A brief overview of my duties as a Planner

I plan and schedule for mhs Homes. mhs Homes is a housing provider with the Medway area, with approximately 8000 properties. We are in the stages of expanding to Gravesend, Maidstone and beyond.

An understanding of the geography and post codes is essential to enable a free flowing planner.

My daily tradesmen are electricians, plumbers, plasterers, decorators and multi-traders, at times this can be 22 tradesmen.

This entails the initial logging of the job via the tenant or 3rd party, questioning and gaining information to ensure the correct diagnosis has been logged at front end. Also ensuring correct scheduling of rate codes are used, quantities and locations within the property, to allow correct costings to be logged against each trade and address.

Once the job has been raised in Capita, I then issue the appointment direct with the tenant using OptiTime. This is convenient to the tenant, but also ensuring sufficient time is allocated to the tradesmen to allow him to complete the repair within a timely manner.

Also being a planner can be a juggling game, ensuring all appointments are meet and kept within the time frame. But also ensuring the tradesmen have sufficient time, in the correct post code areas and avoiding unnecessary delays and complications.

Once the job has been completed or returned by tradesmen for follow-on works, this would be dealt with in back office by myself, ensuring all parts are correctly ordered and follow-on appointments booked.

Also throughout the day we have 24hour emergencies. We have to slot these in amongst the scheduled appointments, to ensure they are meet within the target date and time.

Also ensuring all jobs are closed correctly with the correct costs attached.

I also arrange for stock replenishments for my tradesmen via the wholesaler. This is to ensure they always have sufficient stock in their vans to avoid unnecessary wasted time at the wholesaler.

There are many other duties which need to be carried out throughout the day, including phone calls, emails, daily reports, invoices etc.

A good rapport and team friendship is essential to happy tradesmen, and complete jobs on time.

I previously worked for The Woolwich Bank for over 10 years, after being made redundant. I was a Senior Customer Service Advisor, whereby I had a small team beneath me. During the evening shift I was the Senior for the Mortgage Complaints Section and during the morning shift I was the Senior for the Dormancy Accounts Team, where I created the policy and procedures for this department.

During my life within The Bank I undertook DPA, Banking Code, Codes of Conduct and other financial training every 6 months. I was also worked in close connection with The Bank of England dealing with Financial Sanctions.

I am happy to take on any challenges which are presented to me, and more than happy to carry out training in any areas which I may need developing.
Pros
nice working enviroment
Cons
no possibiliyt of advancement