MHA Employee Reviews

Still not started
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frodsham, Cheshire9 December 2017
Offered a day shift position with this home at the start of October. Still haven't started work. First of all the didn't seem to know what to do regarding CRB checks and asked for info from me piecemeal. They have received all references and ID info. I have called the home everyday for the last month and no one speaks to me. In that time I have done my own CRB check on myself and all clear so can't see what the issue is. Absolutely disgraceful way to treat someone, rather work at McDonald's. Why offer someone a job and then ignore them? Although looking at some of the other reviews on here I am not suprised I am having issues.
Terrible place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Derby4 December 2017
This is a charity who claim they live and work by their company values. This could not be further from the truth. The senior management are outdated in their views and not willing to move into the 21st century, particularly in the care directorate. There is a blame culture across the business and the way I have seen some people treated at Head Office could easily end this company up in court. Avoid this place.
Home from Home
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire9 November 2017
Pennystone is a great place to work with lots of support and care. All the staff get on great and work well as a team. I wouldnt want to work anywhere else.
Pros
wages, benifits, well run home, happy environment
Never again
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire30 October 2017
Management not interested in staff problems, constant pressure to pick up shifts, only bothered about look of the home not about residents. Constantly understaffed and undervalued. Would NOT recommend this working environment.
Pros
Cons
Undervalued, Management need to work with staff not against.
22 November 2017

We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email claire.harrison@mha.org.uk or call 01332 331 871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Great place to work, colleagues are really welcoming and friendly.
Central Services (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire25 October 2017
Worked for MHA for 8 months now and would recommend. Like any other organisation there are things that could be improved but without question the interests of older people and staff are at the heart of everything they do.
Pros
Team
People focussed
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire18 October 2017
Good team and very ethical company. Love working here and looking for new opportunity for all the right reasons including personal development.
Excellent training and personal development available.
awful
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire18 October 2017
shifts always short. management not happy if you did not pick up shifts. most of staff a good bunch who are very over worked. not enough praise for a job well done. would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Cons
always under satffed
22 November 2017

We take your comments seriously and would like to gain a proper understanding of your experience. Please email me on claire.harrison@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221 871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Management requires a clean slate.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire9 October 2017
I can't speak any higher of the staff at this particular home, everyone is ever so welcoming and you can always have a good laugh.

However, management (and this goes for all departments, care, domestic, kitchen) have absolutely no idea how to do their jobs.

They're unable to get their own tasks completed, leading to Head Office having to crack down on them, however they still find the time to pick fault with every other staff members work. At the end of the day, the staff members are the ones who get the job done, with a smile on their face.

We've had several staff members leave over the past few years, a substantial amount this year alone due to how management treat staff members. It's insulting to think they expect us to happily be treated like dirt.
Pros
Hourly Rate is decent, but not worth it.
22 November 2017

We’re sorry to hear that your recent experience at work has not reflected MHA’s Values. We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email claire.harrison or call 01332 221 871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Would recommend working in retirement living services
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
Worked for mha over many years in different posts & schemes. Most staff are there because they care & want to deliver a good service.
I have to say since working in housing with care I have seen really good practice & a lot respect shown to residents. Would recommend any one who wants to give quality care to work in the yorkshire area.
Good company
Activities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex1 October 2017
Work as activity coordintor for two years.
Good place to work management listen & will guide you through any concerns.
Very good training opportunities.

Nin for profit so money goes to residents & staff pay.
Pros
Pay. Mangament non profit.
Cons
Goverment not paying enoygh into sicial care. More carers needed.
Come and see for yourself.....
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Sussex22 August 2017
It's true this home has gone through extremely turbulent times over the course of the last year....but real effort is being made by all concerned to improve. I find it sad that the current staff and residents have to suffer with ex-staff doing their best to damage the current managements reputation.....all it does is prevent the home from getting the permanent staff required, leaving the residents with staff members they don't know so well. The core staff are amazing and deeply care for their residents....sad that their jobs are effectively being made tougher by their ex-colleagues bitter smear campaign....let alone the effect on the residents they claim to love so much....
Pros
Great pay, friendly staff, beautiful home
Cons
Going through a period of change...for the better!
Bad Management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexhill, East Sussex16 August 2017
This is a dreadful place to work. Management are next to useless, talk to and treat staff in a very belittling manner. Area management show no support to staff who require help with home management issues.
Working with agency staff all the time, because permanent staff are either leaving due to stressful working conditions.
Money well paid, but, it as to be to put up with all the bad working conditions.
Residents are lovely,but, due to such work load, there is no time to spend quality time with residents
Pros
Good rate of pay
Cons
Stressful working conditions, no support from management
22 November 2017

Not the place it used to be no Values
Manager (Current Employee) –  North West14 August 2017
Service manager is a bully and a liar in cahoots with a corrupt HR department.
Nothing done fairly, home managers treated disgustingly and MHA values ????? Residents = money.
Pros
None anymore
Cons
Its impacting on residents they are people
22 November 2017

MHA take your comments seriously and would like to gain a proper understanding of your experience.

Manger needs to go
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire13 August 2017
Manager talks to staff like there dirt on her shoes ... staff always doing other duties and not the role there suppose to do ..only positive about this place is the staff ..care ... doms ... kitchen ..which care about the residents .... the manager only cares about the lòok of the place its about time head office got rid of the manager and brought fresh eyes in to turn this beautiful home back to its high standards
Pros
All the staff are brill
Cons
Mangament
22 November 2017

We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email claire.harrison@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221 871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield10 August 2017
I have been working for MHA for 3 months I've meet some wonderful people management is really good I love my job I have learnt a lot while been there.
Pros
Management pay hours
No care in this home
Ex care assistant (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire7 July 2017
It's a people factory, short staffed constantly.,running on agency. Staff keep leaving. Not meeting basic needs of residents. Management constantly talking down to care assistant. Not accommodating if you have children. Not enough nurses. It's an institution and the residents aren't treated as Individuals. Strongly recommend avoiding being employed by mha

Poor management
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester30 June 2017
Poor manager ..it was a great place to live and work. Good team dwindling manager lazy not interested never sees residents she's supposed to be freeing up more time to spend with staff and residents but not interested unless talking in office. Staff don't respect manager so you'll never get best from them. Good manager deputy and senior long gone. Seniors run the place with back up of team. One senior should have gone for deputy most recent deputy also poor
Pros
Nice residents

Amazing
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mexborough, South Yorkshire16 June 2017
A wonderful place for residents to be, absolutely amazing staff, very caring and try their best to keep residents happy, amazing food with different options everyday with wonderful deserts!
Pros
Free wifi
Cons
I was a volunteer so didn't get anything free
Going down hill
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside7 May 2017
Always short staffed, staff very disheartened since getting a different manager. Lack of communication between staff and manager. The hardest part of the job is not having the backing of the manager, the most enjoyable part is the residents.
Pros
Nice new build
Cons
Short staffed and poor management
22 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email claire.harrison@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221 871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Not professionals
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire6 May 2017
Been for an interview, management not even bothered to keep up the appointed time and delayed their decision untill I decided that I don't want to work within that team
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MHA. Our community is ready to answer.