MHA Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset17 May 2018
Wonderful residents and friendly staff. This is a great place to work. Typical day involves helping residents to wash and dress, administering medication, checking how they're feeling and some basic cleaning. I would highly recommend this place to work, manager and staff friendly and helpful.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Shift work
Experience excellent .. at hatherlow house
Mha support worker (Current Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside10 May 2018
Love hatherlow house . Very trendy place .staff are amazing and senior staff are happy and full of laughter. the home manager is a lovely person and helpful and postitive, the office staff are very good and very efficient, the house keeper is excellent , Relaxed and happy people living in there beautiful apartments , it's spot on for the residents that live here they live a normal life with the help of mha. Onwards and upwards i say . The Bestro is excellent . If anything the activity side maybe needs a small improvement but the residents that live here are happy and do there own thing family life is important so lots of family life coming and going . Wellbeing is important and thats what the staff do very well Need i say any more . Just lovely .
Pros
Easy to get to town and everthing anyone needs to live a happy life there
Cons
more staff needed now its full
unethical practices & behaviour the norm
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 May 2018
Dirty & underhand tactics used to bully, manipulate and use staff. Treated like rubbish by management- they grind you down and make you ill then when you have time off sick use their stupid sickness policy to get rid of you.
MHA advertise, boast and are proud of their values yet no one in management actually adhere or follow them. All smoke and mirrors to cover the horrible truth.
Pros
lovely team of carers
Cons
horrible manager
The right company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire13 April 2018
Good company values. Excellent support and training opportunities available for all staff. Friendly staff who are extremely supportive of each other.
Pros
Good support
20 April 2018

Thank you for your message. We really appreciate your feedback.

staff are horrible
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire6 April 2018
Treated like rubbish by management, awful environment to work in, expected to do 3 peoples jobs, not enough time to do all the work in. always end up working late and missing breaks to get the work done, priority is always given to how the home looks rather than the care given.
Pros
Cons
poor wages, long hours and no acknowledgement from manager
12 April 2018

We’re sorry to hear that your recent experience at work has not reflected MHA’s Values. We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email laura.bell@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Do not work here
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire5 April 2018
domestic staff are treated appallingly, manager has favourites and if your not one of them your life is made difficult.
Staff are always being called in the office for no reason - management style is carrot and stick without the carrot!
Pros
Cons
long hours and lack of equipment/ materials needed to do the job

unpleasant environment
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire5 April 2018
Always overworked and understaffed, Management are never happy no matter how much effort and extra work that you do - never get proper breaks.
Managers are unsupportive and unhelpful in times of need, very suppressive environment and an ingrained culture of bullying.
Do not be tempted by the wage or nice furniture, the care is not up to scratch because of always using agency and being short staffed.
Hope the new CEO puts a stop to what is happening and ensures homes and staff adhere to the values and behaviours advertised.
Pros
always jobs available due to high turn over of staff - anyone interveiwed gets accepted
Cons
unpaid breaks

Awful
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Ripley5 April 2018
Staff get treated like dirt by management, complaints are never dealt with. Sickness policy is a joke and there is no care or compassion for staff. MHA values only exist on paper and they rely on agency too much meaning residents don’t get the care they deserve.
Pros
The workers are friendly

Not good place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilkley, West Yorkshire3 April 2018
Staff care but management don't. If you work nights will expect you to go to meetings at 2pm, middle of the night for you! Will also ring you during the day ( your sleep time!) To ask if you will cover shifts. Always short staffed and often work without a senior member of staff.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed
12 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email laura.bell@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Brilliant place to work
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobberley, Cheshire22 March 2018
The best place I have ever worked and I have worked within the caring profession for 21 years
Good relationship between care staff and managers and a lovely atmosphere. Pay very good. The manages are really helpful if you are needing advice and very approachable.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
None really
12 April 2018

Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how MHA is living its Values.

Good care
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockworth, Gloucestershire19 March 2018
It's a lovely home to work at. Brockworth have done the garden up and it look really nice so that wheelchairs can go around. It a dementia and challenging behaviour residents so it is quite challenging at times
Cons
Long hours & dont get paid for breaks& no lunches provided
12 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about MHA.

Management are a joke, bullying rife
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex18 March 2018
Until new manager arrived in March 2017, the home was a happy, friendly place, she arrived and unpicked all of the good that had been done to make our home great. Then a new deputy was appointed and between the two of them the lies, bullying and deceit began. Staff constantly expected to work under pressure and residents needs were no longer a priority, became all about the budget, staff turned against each other and stirring amongst the team led to a lot of unhappiness and pushing out. A horrid place to work, a horrid bullying culture and an increasingly sad and sorry work force. If you have no trust in your colleagues and environment then it is a sad and sorry place to be.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Constant staff shortages and bullying culture
12 April 2018

Good work life balance, enjoyable place to work
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 March 2018
I have worked for MHA for just over two years and I love my job! I was promoted within 6 months and enjoy that no two days are ever the same. At the scheme I work at we dedicate time to be spent with residents and we really do live up to the MHA values.
We have staff nights out and have brilliant team work.
The manager gives time to support both staff and the residents which is good to see from a manager and he really does know his job well, very knowledgeable.
There is room to progress within MHA which I like and the support is given to you for any career progression which its good to see from such a large company.

I would 100% recommend working here. Fab work - life balance also.
Pros
Good relationships between all staff, lovely residents
12 April 2018

Thanks for the feedback. This is a great example of how our colleagues live MHA’s Values and deliver our Mission to improve the quality of life for older people, inspired by Christian concern.

Awful
Care Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire9 March 2018
As a manager I've always had autonomy but not with this company. You are ruled with rods of iron. No respect...no support... no charity and no Christianity in this company which holds the name of Methodist!... Huge blame culture and area/service managers have not a clue how the day to day running of a home includes... They should come work in the role of a manager, nurse or SCA or CA or domestic for a week in each role and they would soon change their minds.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Head Office, Operations Team, lack of autonomy
15 March 2018

We take your comments seriously and would like to gain a proper understanding of your experience. Please email me on magda.bowskill@MHA.org.uk or call me on 07973 853163 for a confidential chat

Awful place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colne, Lancashire7 March 2018
Management is what has brought this place down, does not care about the residents or staff ,only wanting it to look good, staff are overworked and the manager isn't bothered, never enough staff and get spoken to like rubbish, it's the worst home I've worked in, would be a great place to work if manager wasn't there!!!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours, not flexible and management is rude and doesn't care
Friendly environment, large homes
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberystwyth, Ceredigion27 February 2018
Love working for mha only problem is the shortage of staff. It’s draining and stressful doing all the work that 3 carers normally do when there’s just 2 of you. It’s just unfair when you can’t spend more time with the residents because there just isn’t enough of you. There’s so many things to do and that can happen so you just end up with no time spare other than doing personal care. Need more staff!
Pros
Good pay, friendly staff, good rolling rota
Cons
Short staffed
15 March 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Please do speak to your Manager regarding your concerns.

Awful place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne, South Yorkshire15 February 2018
It's a awful place to work due to staff are very rude and not polite what so ever. It's a place where you wouldn't feel welcome and working along side the people you wouldn't feel very comfortable to try you're best.
Pros
Patients are lovely and great salary
Cons
Awful staff
16 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email magda.bowskill@MHA.org.uk or call me on 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Dont do it!
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colne, Lancashire7 February 2018
Dont waist your time .. management are absolutely useless. Have favourites who they will back all the way over the good workers. Residents come second after fluffing cushions and making the corridors clean. Always short staffed but your not allowed to verbally say "short staffed" or your dragged into the office to get shouted at because working 2 people to 30 residents is acceptable!! No appreciation what so ever for care staff who work their hardest. Night shift is one senior who is expected to administers 81 residents medication within 2 hours (that's even if your handover runs past 8pm still only have untill 10!) So better get a move on ...!!! Or else say bye bye to your job. Would be a nice home if it wasn't for management
Pros
Cons
Management.
9 February 2018

We take your comments seriously and would like to gain a proper understanding of your experience. Please email magda.bowskill@MHA.org.uk or call 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Sad to leave but left with little choice
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  , Oxfordshire2 February 2018
When I started here it was wonderful. Not so much anymore. Bullying rife. Total lack of support from management at any level. All benefits cut. It’s all about appearances and not a thought about person centred care. Constantly short staffed but as long as the foyer is tidy then it’s ok. Lack of care staff, lack of domestics. Care staff being put to work in kitchens after giving personal care. Shambles from sun up to sun down
Pros
Cons
Short staff, Poor
9 February 2018

Dont do it!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frodsham, Cheshire30 January 2018
Worst home I've ever worked in,and I've worked it alot over the years being as agency....its ran by agency often working together with little or no clue about the residents...it's an ok hourly rate but paid 11 hrs at night not 12....your over worked, often left...and lots of responsibility...really not worth the headache.!
Pros
Ok hourly rate
Cons
Too many to list...
2 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email magda.bowskill@MHA.org.uk or call 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MHA. Our community is ready to answer.