MHA Employee Reviews

If you value your career don’t work for MHA
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sussex13 October 2018
clicks of staff , bullying rife, constant cover ups of real errors and fabrication of allegations when they are pressured to investigate.
Place is total joke. If you tell the truth they sack you. Only like people to work for them that will help to cover things up and forge documents.
Pros
The team I worked with
19 October 2018

We take your comments seriously and would like to gain a proper understanding of your experience. Please email us laura.bell@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Let down
Ca (Current Employee) –  West Midlands10 October 2018
The manger who is supposed to listen to staff as they on the floor working not hiding behind a computer knows what’s going on but this manger don’t want to know has a reply for everything of what happened in the past. The staff are all over worked no thank you. The manger has no people skills not approachable.
We always short staffed and it effects the residents this is they home we should be able to spear 5 mins to sit and talk to them but we can’t because we are that busy it’s been times when they just been two careers and one senior with 33+ residents.
Pros
The care team amazing
Cons
Manger don’t listen
19 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email laura.bell@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Absolutely dreadful place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wells, Somerset4 October 2018
I am not going to waste much of my time with this awful company.. management useless and rude and a bully.. worst place I have ever worked and worked for ..
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours .. want blood

Dreadful Company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire25 September 2018
This was one of the worst environments I have ever worked in, a terrible culture of bullying, blame shifting and senior management feathering their own nests. No idea regarding modern working practices in matters regarding inclusion, diversity etc. If you value your wellbeing do not work for this company!
Pros
Cons
Dreadful management, bullying, lack of diversity
19 October 2018

Staff treated like a rubbish
Care Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside21 September 2018
Hours good but the way which staff treated is unbelievable. Manager expect staff to do all work in short time. Lack of communication between staff and management. No sick pay so if someone is off sick have to struggle without money or go to work while ill. Staff with sickness still have to work even if could spread it all over the place. No ones care about ill staff. Calling sick ends with final note. Not very good place to work. Night staff not get paid for breaks but can’t use it how they want.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Sickness

Good employers
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich7 September 2018
A pleasure to work with staff who support you in every way, eg; training is excellent. Advise to apply for a suitable vacancy. Staff work well as a team, communicate well.

Thank you for your message. We really appreciate your feedback.

Lovely environment to work in.
Care and Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hampshire20 July 2018
Thoroughly enjoy my role as a care & support worker for MHA. I’ve found management professional and fair yet very friendly and approachable.
There’s a great atmosphere and it’s good that I can be flexible and spend time with the residents rather than feeling rushed and pressured.

My role includes personal care, administering medication, domestic duties such as light cleaning and assisting residents where required. More importantly for me is that care is person centred, a core value for MHA.

I would recommend MHA as a place to work and I actually have done to friends.
As with any job, you get out what you put in, but working for MHA I find their work ethic and values makes for a rewarding experience.
Pros
Flexibility, free uniform, DBS check and training (further training available) Staff discount and loyalty schemes.
24 August 2018

Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how MHA is living its Values.

Awful management team
Carer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire2 July 2018
Wonderful place to work with amazing residents. Great team of carers but horrendous management. No idea how to treat their hard working staff. No appreciation or respect. Care for themselves only. Work totally separate from their carers. They need to undergo some vital training themselves!!!
Pros
Good wage and training opportunities
Cons
Management team useless
17 July 2018

Poor work place, needs stability.
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leicester.1 July 2018
Job was very rocky. 15 managers in 8 years. Did not have the right equipment to do the job. They said I had to be flexible for my job and restricted me to 9-2 hours. Management and seniors were in a click. Some staff were bullies and the list goes on . I feel for the residents and feel sorry for the staff left behind, who work long hours and sometimes don't get their breaks. The place does not feel like a home anymore, its a business .Other members of staff after long service ended up leaving because of the Bradford factor. The list goes on.
The positives were that the residents were lovely, the volunteers and families were great and the activities program and fund raising were outstanding.
I had help from Head office but not Home Manager.

My experience was a roller coaster ride.
Pros
projects that made families and residents happy.
Cons
Clickiness and Negetivity.

I adore where I work!!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hathersage, Derbyshire26 June 2018
I have been and currently work for MHA for 4 years now and I absolutely love it! I love the staff I work with and the residents are brill, we are like one big family. Our manager hasn't been with us long but the improvements she has made to our home have been amazing. I am now happy to come into work. Only con I will say is in the last 2 years we have had a lot of our benefits cut such as sick pay, paid breaks. I think head office could do with going over this again as I know a lot of people feel the same. Other than that, I think it is a great organisation to work for. I always feel supported and if I have any problems or difficulties, our manager is always there the listen and help. Our home has also recently changed from nursing to just residential and I think the seniors are all doing an outstanding job!! Again, they are always there to help and advises and they work professionally considering how much they have to do. I understand that some people don't always feel appreciated when working in care however, you are all doing a brilliant job!!
Pros
Excellent rate of pay, paid holidays, amazing staff
Cons
No paid breaks, no sick pay

Comment – 28 June 2018

Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how MHA is living its Values.

Was a brilliant place to work and staff and residents was lovely
Domestic cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tranquility court crossgates21 June 2018
I left under mix up with carers but now I'm able and would love to return to job I lovedmanagement was friendly I knew what my role was and asked manager if I was unsure of anything I learned a lot from mha the work was very good and no hard work was asked of me
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Ideal 2 hours daily

Thank you for your message. We really appreciate your feedback.

Disgusting to say it is a charity
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire12 June 2018
I worked within head office and I can truly say it was the worst experience of my life.

Unless you are part of the click you will be undervalued, under appreciated and quiet honestly bullied.

The way in which you are spoke to and treated is appaulling.

Rules are only for certain employees even of the same level.

If they treat their own staff like this imagine what they're treating your loved ones like.

AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
nothing

Terrible
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hathersage, Derbyshire31 May 2018
Worked at MHA Hathersage for six months. All complaints were ignored. Management turn a blind eye to things and seniors are useless. All management is worried about is staying in her budget and stuff anything else. Then to solve the problems hire friends and ex work colleges.
Pros
Residents are lovely
Cons
In house politics

Comment – 28 June 2018

My first impression not good
Senior care assistant ( days) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 May 2018
Was taken on a a Senior care assistant, my first day of working, I was assigned a buddy for my two weeks shadowing, on my first day I was shown very little on what the Senior carer role was, I was often left on my own, my second day was no better, was told as they were short staffed that I would be needed to work as a care assistant, which I had no problem with, but again was left on my own, had very little support from management or the senior member of staff, who should have been shadowing me, I stuck the job for two days and to be honest that was enough, I have never worked in such a disorganised place
Cons
Long hours, working 12 hours, shifts and only getting paid 11 hours

Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire22 May 2018
I met lovely staff and loved the residents but I had two days training before being put on the floor to work. I didn’t know the residents, their needs are what I was doing. I’d never done care work before. Hours are ridiculous, you are exhausted 12 hour shifts are too long. By 5 you are so mentally and physically exhausted. Always shorted staffed, nothing is ever right whatever you do. I was completely miserable there.
Pros
Lovely residents and co workers.
Cons
Management have no clue what it’s like day to day.
28 June 2018

Excellent place to work
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset17 May 2018
Wonderful residents and friendly staff. This is a great place to work. Typical day involves helping residents to wash and dress, administering medication, checking how they're feeling and some basic cleaning. I would highly recommend this place to work, manager and staff friendly and helpful.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Shift work
21 May 2018

Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how colleagues are living MHA’s Values.

Fantastic people but very stressful
Administration manager (Current Employee) –  South East11 May 2018
I work as a admin manager. Best group of people I have ever worked with. However impossible to get the job done, too much for one person and everyday more gets added to your plate.
Some staff get paid more and I often see them sitting and chatting away. I haven't taken a lunch break all week, I average 3-5 hours unpaid every week and still panic about the overdue work.
Management are very supportive but there's no action when I bring it to their attention. 90% of company admin managers feel the same and 25% I trained with left in 6 months.
Now its closer to 40%
We all love our jobs, and enjoy being part of MHA but no one listens when we can't cope. It's such a shame to consider leaving a job you love as you are so overstretched and different homes have different rules upon help and supportive job roles.
Pros
Staff, lovely environment, nice lunches, trsining, development
Cons
Overloaded with work. Unfair thst smaller homes have assitants and we dont. Goes against own values

Thank you for your message. We really appreciate your feedback.

Experience excellent .. at hatherlow house
Mha support worker (Current Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside10 May 2018
Love hatherlow house . Very trendy place .staff are amazing and senior staff are happy and full of laughter. the home manager is a lovely person and helpful and postitive, the office staff are very good and very efficient, the house keeper is excellent , Relaxed and happy people living in there beautiful apartments , it's spot on for the residents that live here they live a normal life with the help of mha. Onwards and upwards i say . The Bestro is excellent . If anything the activity side maybe needs a small improvement but the residents that live here are happy and do there own thing family life is important so lots of family life coming and going . Wellbeing is important and thats what the staff do very well Need i say any more . Just lovely .
Pros
Easy to get to town and everthing anyone needs to live a happy life there
Cons
more staff needed now its full
21 May 2018

Thanks for the feedback. This is a great example of how our colleagues live MHA’s Values and deliver our Mission to improve the quality of life for older people, inspired by Christian concern.

unethical practices & behaviour the norm
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 May 2018
Dirty & underhand tactics used to bully, manipulate and use staff. Treated like rubbish by management- they grind you down and make you ill then when you have time off sick use their stupid sickness policy to get rid of you.
MHA advertise, boast and are proud of their values yet no one in management actually adhere or follow them. All smoke and mirrors to cover the horrible truth.
Pros
lovely team of carers
Cons
horrible manager
21 May 2018

•We’re sorry to hear that your recent experience at work has not reflected MHA’s Values. We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email laura.bell@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

The right company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire13 April 2018
Good company values. Excellent support and training opportunities available for all staff. Friendly staff who are extremely supportive of each other.
Pros
Good support
20 April 2018

Thank you for your message. We really appreciate your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MHA. Our community is ready to answer.