It requires you to be tough and somewhat hard-faced. Prepare for confrontation as you ask for residents to be helped. Activities Coordinators are very much looked down upon by carers.
The way the manager cuts the amount of staff down when we have a few empty rooms.. leaving 2 staff to do the work of 3 (senior sits in office most of the time doing care plans so doesn’t really help with the hands on tasks)
Being left to run a floor of 30 residents alone on more than one occasion.
It's a very fast paced, ever changing environment - as with all care homes.
Pressure and short staffed. Work load ridiculous
- How are the working hours at MHA?12 people answered
- Does the company pay sick pay11 people answered
- What is the interview process like at MHA?11 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at MHA?10 people answered
- What uniform are you provided as a carer for mha?Answered by MHA
- Within MHa are you paid weekly or monthly?4 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of MHA about how to improve it?3 people answered
- What is MHA sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?3 people answered
- Does MHA allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hours set?3 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make MHA a better place to work?3 people answered