MHA MacIntyre Hudson Employee Reviews

Relaxed work place
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes20 April 2018
The office was a good environment to be part of, with everybody feeling like they're in a happy place. Individual teams were placed together with everyone seeming to get on really well. The place had a good vibe.
Not fond of Practice
Accountant / Auditor (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe15 February 2018
The company was a nice place to work for, however, my decision to work for industry was determined pretty early on in my career.

Therefore, working in Practice as an auditor wasn't something I had wanted to do for much long after qualifying as an ACA.
Pros
Good relationships with colleagues
Cons
Lack of flexi working
It is an ok place to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  England13 October 2017
Generally speaking the people are really nice and you can get a lot of support and guidance, but there are rotten eggs that will just block your way if things are not done their way. There is a lot of focus on doing the things the way partners want them (often old fashioned) and less focus on driving forward and innovating.
16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at MHA Macintyre Hudson and it is good to hear that you got to work with some good people along the way. We are proud of our people centric culture. It is always appreciated to have a balanced account though and your comments will be looked at as a opportunity to learn and grow as a firm and an employer. Wishing you all the best.

Growing firm with plenty of opportunities
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2017
I have worked with the team at MacIntyre Hudson for just over a year and have met some wonderful, talented, inspiring individuals. The Firm pride themselves on living the values and ensuring that this is the case internally with your peers and colleagues, and externally when working with external stakeholders.

Whilst I have been with the team, I have been given exposure and autonomy across a variety of day to day tasks and responsibilities as well as being stretched with new project work helping me develop and hone my skillset.

I continue to look forward to the challenges involved, and building strong working relationships within the team and across the wider firm.

MacIntyre Hudson has provided me with a great foundation to gain exposure, work with a brilliant team - all of who share the same ethos and pride.
Pros
- Great location, opportunity to travel across offices, working with a fantastic team
16 October 2017

Firstly, thank you for talking the time to leave a review for us. It is fantastic to hear that you have had and continue to have a good employee journey with the firm. It is really positive that we are offering the opportunity for you to stretch and grow your skills, in a supportive environment that is allowing you to flourish. We wish you continued success with MHA Macintyre Hudson.

One big happy family!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  London21 July 2017
I have worked in the City office for the last 3 years and I have met a fair amount of people on my way and not one of them has ever given me a bad attitude nor been unable to work with.

The workplace on a daily basis is usually quiet - but this is due to everyone having respect for other peoples work loads, rather than not getting along. Like any other company, we have our afternoon chats about common interests or current affairs, we're not robots after all!

Highly recommend working here for those interested - we have a great student programme for 'accountants of the future' and we have a great social committee who organise 4 amazing events a year!
Pros
Friendly staff, good atmosphere, amazing social events!
Cons
Slightly behind in some technologies
31 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the Firm and fantastic to hear you are having a good experience working for MHA Macintyre Hudson!

Good place to work - very friendly culture
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 July 2017
Its great to work in a place which has many opportunities available, there is a good work life balance, office culture is great which makes it enjoyable to work.

A typical day at MHA MacIntyre Hudson is different everyday - here you are self managed and look after your own workload.

The firm provides great learning opportunities and a relatively clear career path.
Pros
Great social events, friendly staff
31 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add a review, feedback is always appreciated and great to hear you have good things to say and are having a positive experience working for us.

Really lovely environment, very supportive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire20 July 2017
Really enjoying working here, lots of opportunities to progress my career and so far I feel like I have a voice and am being given opportunities to stretch and grow my skills.
Lots of opportunities internally to work on different things, keeping my role varied and interesting - don't feel pigeon holed like I in some bigger Firms that colleagues have worked in.
Great place for trainees to make a start on their journey as company is big on promoting from within and growing their own.
Pros
Nice working environment, good benefits package, supportive management
Cons
A little behind with some technologies, communication
31 July 2017

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and fantastic to hear it is a positive experience and we couldn't agree more! Lots of opportunities to progress and learn and our amazing HR and Learning and Development team are looking for new and innovative ways to help our staff move along their career path all the time!

productive and fun work place
Account Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 June 2017
great working team. huge work load but very enjoyable
pleasant place to work and the opportunity to learn a a lot
good management team and great working environment.
31 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and it sounds like it was largely very positive! We certainly keep busy but I think we do a very good job of ensuring a good work life balance for our employees. Great to hear you had learning opportunities - this is something very close to our hearts, as accredited Investors in People.

Dull place to work
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 October 2015
This company is good for its clients - they do a good job taking care of them, but the work is unbelievably dull, and uninspiring.
31 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. Our clients are very important to MHA Macintyre Hudson, but we also have a people centric approach and we always strive to do and be better as an employer. Your feedback is helpful and wishing you all the best.

Worst place I have ever worked
Accountant (Former Employee) –  London20 October 2015
The staff there were AWFUL. I was Bullied there by partners,managers and trainees, some fresh out of university. My department was had a collective bullying psychology were the managers and partners would encourage it . It was very male dominated and the women basically went along with what the males did.

One Indian woman in particular was so nasty behind my back but so sweet to my face that it was disgusting that a grown adult could act that way. There were female harrassment comments which is what it all started off with.

I would NOT recommend this place to any woman and if you are a male,you need to be a total pretty woman hating Bi*ch and weird to fit in .

Insecure and jealous women are also the norm there and if youre a pretty woman working there, expect to be given a hard time.
Pros
Cons
ALOT. Weird men and women with low self esteem. A really awful backstabbing working environment.
31 July 2017

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review. While I am confident that the experience you detailed in your review is not the norm for this Firm, I would like to assure you that we take all feedback from current and former employees as an opportunity to do better.

Employee focused
Secretary/PA to Senior Partner & Staff Partner (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENG2 July 2015
MacIntyre Hudson are very much an employee focused Partnership with employee needs and training very much at the forefront.
Everybody worked in a team working environment and helped each other throughout the day. Everybody was friendly, helpful and hard working. I would still be there now after 14 years if not having to relocate to Basingstoke.
Pros
Free minibus into the town a lunchtime to avoid parking costs and time
31 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and really happy to hear that you had a great experience working for us. Wishing you all the very best for the future.

Serious and tense environment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  North London, ENG27 October 2014
It was a very fast paced with a relatively tense office environment. The atmosphere was quite depressing and I often uncomfortable.

It was a very high pressure role which lots of multitasking and deadlines to be met.

I did make some brilliant friends during my time and the firm put on some pretty good social events.
Pros
Social Events
Cons
No flexibility
7 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to put a review together and it is really nice to hear you me some great people along the way. We certainly do work hard at MHA Macintyre Hudson, but we also pride ourselves on our work life balance. We are always striving to do better and your comments are noted.

work
Secretary (Current Employee) –  high wycombe11 September 2013
A typical day would consist of me formatting accounts in word, and preparing them for our clients. i cover reception, prepare and send out post, recording what has gone. i do the stationary order and kitchen/food ordering. i format letters, prepare reports in excel regarding accounts due and what stage we have got to with them. filing.
7 August 2017

Many thanks for leaving a review, we appreciate you putting the time aside to do this. Wishing you all the very best for the future.

Job satisfaction ensuring employees get paid correctly & on time
Client Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  London26 September 2012
Busy, busy busy!

Sorry but not enough time to write any more.. Contactable on mobile for further detail or clarification.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
long hours and equally long commute
7 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time out of your obviously busy schedule to review the Firm. We agree that the MHA Macintyre Hudson culture is most definitely a friendly one, each office has its own feel but this theme runs throughout! All the very best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MHA MacIntyre Hudson. Our community is ready to answer.

MHA MacIntyre Hudson Reviews by Location