Metropolitan Thames Valley

Metropolitan Thames Valley Employee Reviews

Featured review
Metropolitan Thames Valley selected this as a representative review
My daily task is very challenging and interesting .The culture of the organisation is excellent ,with a servant leadership management style. The most enjoying part of my joy is encouraging and motivation my clients to realise their potential and change for better, and the hardest part is when my clients are relapsing and losing the/their target
Cons
I originally worked with this company back in 2015 to 2017 the reason for leaving was the severe increase in caseload and low pay (it can get on top of you at times) But that was it. When returning in 2019 - It became a nightmare, the pay was pretty much wrong every month, on my first week I had no computer access - There apparently had been a new HR/Payroll team that had been put in place that was making our lives so difficult like our job wasn't demanding enough. And to top it off they have basically stole money from me, awful pay for such a demanding and rewarding job!
The company is a total shambles supervisors and tenants are scumbags and threaten there staff it is one of the worst working enviroments in london and they sack people without reason there was also drug dealings going on within the business and managers did nothing about it i wouldnt waste your time working in a disgusting enviroment whenthey feel like they just want to get rid of someone
Cons
Enter daily activities on the Outlook Calendar, personal dairy, write on white board daily visits. Check email and respond accordingly. Discuss difficult cases with manager and colleagues when appropriate. Take referrals on the phone and allocate accordingly. Parking is the most hardest part of the job. Most of the area has perking permit. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of the team. Share knowledge.
Although there is lots of training some will add to your experience and further your career so you are easily enable to move into another area of work within MTV. GREAT PLACE to work if you would like to move up the ladder. Managers are very understanding.
Although they pay the living wage rate for their care and support workers there are a number of benefits that make up for this basic salary. There's always plenty of work and extensive training opportunities.
The company is a mess at the moment and there is no good management in some departments, untrained workers got promoted to management with no experience and treated the work place as a chat place and making friends place, no one really cared about the residents like I would expect so. Would not recommend to work there even to my worst enemy.
Unfortunately, they are more interested in saving money than providing good service to their residents and their staff, they'd try to spend as little money as possible even if your life is on the line i. e. anti social residents.
Pros
Cons
Little pay, useless management, your well being, health and safety is disregarded
If you like housing, like people, and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders than MTVH is the employer for you! Depending on the department you work in, the atmosphere is usually fairly relaxed and colleagues can be very helpful. Staff stay at MTVH for years which is a good sign. There us some flexibility to move around and apply to work in other departments but with other organisations it is sometimes a case of 'who you know' as opposed to 'what you know'.
Pros
Flexible working is encouraged
Cons
Agile working is not always favourable depending on the department you work in
Nice place to start your working career with. Was hard work but can be a mice place to work. If you would like to move into this field of work should study nvq 3 first.
After accepting the post HR were a little slow to process my application and dbs but after my new manager spoke to them it happened within 2 weeks. Training in London is abit if an issue if you’re working in the Essex areas. On the whole I enjoyed working for Metropolitan.
Great staff and place to work well paid and easy going. Ongoing training and advantages to advance , great benefits , 28 days leave plus bank holidays and a bonus day at Christmas also can buy and sell leave.
Pros
too many to list
Cons
Central London location hence why I am leaving
From my first day, I was made to feel like a part of the team. The systems were a little slow but once I got used to them I was fine. I received a great deal of support from my line manager which made my time a lot easier while I was there.
Friendly team Management supportive Flexible with swapping days Duvet days offered fuddle days for Christmas amazing Christmas parties lots of progression with working with management
Avoid like the plague. This company operates on favouritism, if your face fits or you are friends with the person hiring you will go far. If not, you stand no chance. The pay is below average and the work life balance is non existent. No allowance is given to those who have family and caring commitments even if you work the extra hours or even through your lunch unreasonable demands are made
Good to work for in the beginning then become very unorganised with a constant change of procedures rules and regulations. This is a shame because it was a good company to work for until the above started happening.
I enjoyed working for the organization as there were always a challenge as new process were always being implemented to improve the productivity of the staff. This was good as it improved the way people worked and improved their skills within the organization. I have seen the company grow from a fairly small housing association to one of the largest in the UK and is now part of the G15 Housing associations.
Pros
Good Pension Scheme
Suportive, competitive, well run company customer focused. Internal support for customers and employees. Work unsupervised and in a team, very supportive team.
Due to restructure, atmosphere tense and competitive. Through position within company, worked with some really great managers who were encouraging and genuine.
Currently in a merger, redundancies abound, poor HR dept, lacking in forward thinking. Critical employee sensitive information delivered on company wide intranet rather than on individual basis. Changes to paydates, employee roles without consultation.
Revolving door culture, managers do not care about their staff. I was there for a year and 4 members of staff went on long term sick for stress. Bullying happening right in front of managers and nothing done about it.