Metropolitan Police Employee Reviews for Administrative Officer

Good place to work, plenty of opportun
Admin officer (Current Employee) –  Barking, Greater London20 November 2019
I have worked for this company for 30 years in various roles. I have completed lots of training courses provided by the police. There are a huge amount of job opportunities within the police
Good Place to Work Overall
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  London8 November 2018
I worked for the Metropolitan Police Service for 26 years, but took voluntary redundancy in 2015.

At the time of leaving, my typical day was to place orders for Crime Scene Officers, chasing up these orders, making and receiving phone calls and performing general admin duties.

The management was fine enough for me to perform my duties, but my colleagues and I were able to perform our duties without having to constantly check with our manager. This is because we were a highly effective unit and could solve most problems amongst ourselves.

The workplace culture where I worked in the Metropolitan Police Service was great. The team in which I worked all got on really well and worked well together. In a wider sense, the Department I worked in was a good Department to work in and often socialised with each other.

The hardest part of the job was having to leave the job. However, there wasn't, perhaps, much of a choice as my particular pay grade was being phased out. This is why I took Voluntary Exit.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the benefits that were offered.
Pros
Good pension and pay. Good general benefits.
Busy and challenging environment
Fleet Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  COLP, UK18 September 2018
I work in a very busy and challenging environment but the work is rewarding. Every day is different. It feels good to know that I'm contributing to a safer neighbourhood.
Loved this job
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 July 2018
Had an amazing few years working for the Metropolitan Police Service. Great community with excellent structures. Would work for the Met in a heart beat.
Pros
great comoradery
Professional workplace
Administrative Officer at Crime Academy (Former Employee) –  London15 May 2018
A professional workplace in which I gained a lot of experience in different roles. No two days were the same. The work is confidential and different. I enjoyed working with officers of all ranks, and different Police Forces. Some of my work involved working with outside agencies such as Prison service, Solicitors, Court officers, Department of Work and Pensions, Benefits offices and Probation Services.
Good team work atmosphere in most of the offices. Workloads had to be prioritised and schedules had to be met, especially in the are of Court cases. Good work life balance with some long days.
An intensive environment face past and exciting
Admin officer/ Intel Analyst/Duties & Aid Clerk (Former Employee) –  London20 February 2018
An amazing organisation to work for. Lots of various and interesting job roles never a dull moment. Management style was quite strict, but that is to be expected in this sort of environment.
Worked succesfully in a busy office environment
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London12 February 2017
I have enjoyed 20 years experience working as an administration officer,. enjoyed working as part of a team, Attending training courses within the police such as Domestic Violence, Eqaulity & Diversity training which helped me to understand peoples needs, different cultures when they have been a victim/ witnesses of crime. I found it enjoyable too to meet other people from the different boroughs around the Met Police share our experiences of the workplace. parts of the job were varied as each day was different, The hardest part of the job was to perhaps to explain to a victim/witness of crime that the defendant entered a plea of not guilty when we knew that my collegues had worked hard on a particular case.
Pros
Attenton to detail, determination, Strengths
Cons
Public speaking with power points
Got huge wealth of work experience in various fields
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  London7 September 2016
Flexible and well paid job. I love working for the public and have worked in various roles gaining a wealth of experience and knowledge
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long hours and travel difficult due to withdrawal of southern trains
Brilliant place to work
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2016
very challenging and rewarding will work hard but have support of colleagues and managers alike. Will gain a wealth of knowledge and deal with people from all walks of life. A very privileged position
Pros
Excellent pay and work experience, varied
Cons
sometimes dealing with very unpleasant crimes
Busy and sometime stressful working environment
Telephonist/Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  South West London, ENG24 May 2015
This was my longest job for any organisation, and one which I hold most dear. I have learnt so much whilst working for MPS. I.e.: Handling stress, showing empathy towards my colleagues and members of the public, working long hours, and being given the responsibility of roll out training of new recruits in Customer Care, and Telephony procedures.
Pros
Holidays
Metropolitan Police Civil Service
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG20 March 2014
I found that the teams I worked with where friendly and that became important.I am glad though that I have to seek a different future.

The hardest part of the job is being able to detach yourself but the work was not always easy but the co workers help everyone so that you meet the deadlines

Management in the civil service is difficult to understand as there are so many levels
Pros
friendship
Cons
big establishment
Busy and complex environment/workplace
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Chingford, London13 August 2013
Having worked for the Metropolitan Police for 22 years, I have learnt to be extremely adaptable to many changes within the workplace and system changes. Management were fair and friendly, keeping friendships and business seperately. My co-workers were again a friendly group, helpful and supportive in team work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the nasty/complex cases, I found these to play on my mind for a while, but I learnt to switch off from these crimes and deal with them accordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the raport I had with my colleagues and line management, and of course seeing justice done on many cases.
Busy envirorment
Administration officer (Former Employee) –  London28 November 2012
A typical day was always a busy day, dealing with probation requests, requests for case papers and updating the court systems where appropriate.
I learned good computer skills and how to priorotise my workload,
also I trained other colleagues to do my part of my role.
Management is not worth discussing.
Some of my ex colleagues work very hard others were not so good at getting stuck in and getting on with it.
The hardest part was seeing some members of staff turn up and that was it.
The most enjoyable getting court results off of the system and also words of thanks for getting a job done.
Pros
knowing what i was doing
Cons
long day
Administration Assistant/Officer (Former Employee) –  Central London8 November 2012
A typical day would include collating and sorting basic office work and preparing this for a computer process . Operating in a small team and processing this data on computer applications.
Hardest part of job is ensuring that customer or clients expectations were satisfactory. Coping with the general demand and increase.
Most enjoyable was recieving good feedback and coping with feedback. I learnt how to be more tactful and political in the office environment. encouraging both team and management staff.