I have not worked myself as a call handler but I wold imagine they need to be clear, concise and articulate. Fast at typing on a computer also.
Honesty, good communication skills, speak clearly, and be cheerful!
Most important tip will be to respond to calls that come in. be sensitive to all calls that come in. Listen carefully to what the person on the other side of the call is saying, especially if they are axioms or scared. Be understanding toward the other party feelings and follow the polices and protocols in place.
Communicate and confidence
- How does someone get hired at Metropolitan Police? What are the steps along the way?8 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Metropolitan Police?7 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Metropolitan Police?7 people answered
- What is the Metropolitan Police employee discount?7 people answered
- What is the organisational culture at Metropolitan Police?6 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Metropolitan Police?6 people answered
- How are the working hours at Metropolitan Police?5 people answered
- How quick is the hiring process from completing the application online?5 people answered
- When do you get a given your uniform? On your induction day?4 people answered
- Do you have to do a beep test for Ddo Role? Regards4 people answered