Around about a year
6 months then 2 year probation period after vetting, medical and fitness test
My application was completed in January 2014 and I started working for The Met in June 2014.
This can take several months
The hiring process takes about 6-8 weeks. As a BT contractor a secure vetting process is strictly followed ensuring no undesirable or security risk people are employed.
- How does someone get hired at Metropolitan Police? What are the steps along the way?8 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Metropolitan Police?7 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Metropolitan Police?7 people answered
- What is the Metropolitan Police employee discount?7 people answered
- What is the organisational culture at Metropolitan Police?6 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Metropolitan Police?6 people answered
- How are the working hours at Metropolitan Police?5 people answered
- When do you get a given your uniform? On your induction day?4 people answered
- What are some tips for doing well in an interview for the position of a call handler/communication o…4 people answered
- Do you have to do a beep test for Ddo Role? Regards4 people answered