I intially found the job in the Job Centre then I filled out an application form .An interview with a Senior Police Officer and an EO Civilian Officer followed ,there was then about a 3 month wait while checks were done .A letter of confirmation and joining instructions were then sent.
Initially I would say, go on the MPS website. There have been recent recruitment drives, but these seem to be aimed at those with degrees, or as direct entries into higher ranks.
For the masses, it may be worth starting as a Special Constable, which can open up doors for internal Police Staff roles and then onto Police Officer employment.
Register and send application for employment, resume, contact with phone number and email address
To answer honestly to the questionnaire, any false and untrue information and punishment, to observe the oath, the secret of the service is not public, respect the law, respect the duties of the country, peace and quiet, be physically active and Mentally, punctually and correctly,
I applied by responding to an advert online
Long, long, long process - I believe that the MPS use Reed for temporary/contract staff - and assume that there is currently a recruitment freeze - or rationalisation
Pass test and screening process
Pass the paper sift
Attend for interview
If successful complete pre employment checks
Employment offer letter sent to you
- How should you prepare for an interview at Metropolitan Police?7 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Metropolitan Police?7 people answered
- What is the Metropolitan Police employee discount?7 people answered
- What is the organisational culture at Metropolitan Police?6 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Metropolitan Police?6 people answered
- How are the working hours at Metropolitan Police?5 people answered
- How quick is the hiring process from completing the application online?5 people answered
- When do you get a given your uniform? On your induction day?4 people answered
- What are some tips for doing well in an interview for the position of a call handler/communication o…4 people answered
- Do you have to do a beep test for Ddo Role? Regards4 people answered