Metropolitan Housing Partnership Employee Reviews

Terrible culture
Hate them
Not enjoyable

CEO is rude

Most of all management do not do right by the people who they are supposed to serve.
Dreadful place
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 December 2017
HR absolutely useless and in fact does not stand behind employee in grievances and alleged investigation,hence not interested in employees well being or caring in fact zero support,management absolutely not engaged or even able to follow up or offer support-for the company with 5 things they suppose to care about ,at least two like equality or diversity does not apply.Culture are not satisfactory rather pushing away responsibilities and blame others
Not promoting fresh and original ideas enough to give any recognition ,bonus system non existent hence bragging about great millions in revenue,Care & Support team management randomly appointed and wouldn’t call them caring certainly not about employees,innovative job approach and huge effort goes completely unnoticed,do yourself a favour and don’t ever apply there as many great with real potential employees left long time ago and more new ones will -company has huge turnover/retention hence haven’t learn anything-STAY AWAY
Pros
Annual leave
Cons
Everything else
Floating support
Sheltered Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2017
I enjoyed this role but it was a temporary role. I looked forward to leaving at the end of my contract and doing something new. It took a while before I started work again.
Dreadful place to work
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham25 September 2016
I can only describe working here as soul destroying. I am not surprised the organisation was on its knees not so long ago and had to take special measures.
Management are incompetent and play the blame game to avoid any responsibility on decisions you must make.
The 121s are not reflective of reality, there is no fairness or working appeal system for bullying and poor standards of behaviour.
My strong advise is don't go there.
They lack professional ethics required for a running a successful company.
The training is ok but conflicting information is rife. You will not know which manager is right and who is wrong and whatever decision is made you will automatically be responsible.
There is an entire section just dealing with complaints against the company.
You will notice this company is constantly advertising for staff the turn over is very high.
Pros
Tea machine in the office and a clean building
Cons
everything else
If lying and lip service are your thing sign up!
General mug (Former Employee) –  Cambridge15 June 2016
Poor management, poor communication, lie to customers, use rubbish contractors, repairs are shoddy (when they eventually get done!) Customer service is appalling, "passing the buck" and "do as I say not as I do" mentality. Regular breaches of employment contract, HR are useless, are not customer or employee focussed and above all are incompetent. Do yourself a favour, get a more rewarding job counting rice grains! In my 40 years of employment within public sector and government roles, I have never worked for such a disorganised, unethical, backward thinking company. Steer clear!
Pros
Home time!
Cons
Everything else
Good atmosphere, friendly staff and plenty of development opportunity
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh House, Nottingham24 March 2016
The contact centre is unlike many others because it's inbound calls, a friendly environment and the salary is really good compared to similar centres. The company do lots of charity days too which is fun, dress down days, a company choir, charity hikes etc.

The management are always around and are really helpful and approachable with weekly one to ones with your manager for the first 6 months. There's lots of different business areas within the centre so there's plenty of opportunity for development / progression too.

It's busy and your days go so quickly with all the different calls you find yourself taking, but the other departments are always on hand to help with advice or to take the call if necessary.
Pros
Great atmosphere, approachable management.
Cons
Busy environment, lots of calls available.
great place for a career not just a job
repairs team (Current Employee) –  Nottingham22 March 2016
I have worked for metropolitan housing trust for 6 months and so far its been a whirlwind . after being trained in all aspects of the customer service team I have been promoted once and now have been picked to run a team of 6 in our sector based academy ...most company's I have worked for have stated there will be opportunities
to develop and move forward but never have I had such opportunities . metropolitan really does seem to reward hard work and I look forward to being part of the team for a very long time .
Pros
lots of Advancement opportunities
Customer Services
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 March 2016
* fast working environment
* manager always there to help
* while at MHT I took part in the Engagement Team and the choir
* Enjoyed the team I worked in
* theres never a slow period
Pros
easy to get to on public transport
challenging and rewarding workplace
customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 March 2016
Fun workplace, really good office environment with plenty of fun charity days! Managers are on hand to help and offer advice when needed and are really approachable. The hardest part of the job is managing the work load which can sometimes get too much, you only have to make managers aware and they will help you out straight away. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping residents out with repairs and queries.
Pros
Charity days and fun days.
Cons
strict call lengths
Able to make a real difference.
Customer Service Officer (Former) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 March 2016
A really enjoyable place to work, similar to other office environments but with one big exception; you really can make a positive difference in people's lives!

Supportive management structure, who do their best to implement changes that are suggested and who really look after their teams.

My co-workers were a good bunch and were always game for a laugh.
Pros
Making a real difference for people and a laugh.

Want to know more about Metropolitan Housing Partnership?

Ask a question
Disjointed and poorly managed
Customer Services - Telephone (Former Employee) –  Nottingham15 March 2016
Company policy differed from one manager to another, customer service managers had different policy to trainers (which sometimes happens however working for a company who has tenants livelihoods at stake, this should not be the case).

Terrible management of incoming calls, abandon rates of well over 60% some days and very angry tenants and customers. Complaints team were lazy, rude and would only take a call from a customer if they felt like it. Most of the time, the simple answer was "Oh for f**k sake not him/her again! Tell them I'm busy, I can't be bothered with them today". This led to customers staying on the phone for a very long time screaming at you.

Average call time was limited to 6 minutes despite several times the issues with this being highlighted especially in regard to the complaints team not handling their work.

I could go on, but all in all the most stressful environment I've had the displeasure of working in, ultimately causing me to leave due to finding a better position elsewhere.

There was no need for this position to be so stressful, the managers simply need to listen to their staff and stop burying their heads in the sand.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Everything else
Great place
Domestic Abuse Outreach Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rotherham/Sheffield11 November 2015
Gained good experience and met some lovely staff. Good place to work..

Enjoyed working here the majority of the time. Would go back.

Enjoyed working with the team and management
Administration Support (volunteered through LVAC) (Former Employee) –  London19 August 2015
• Assisted with office duties such as data inputting, organising and updating office filing systems, updating system files; designing and posting out leaflets using programmes such as Microsoft publisher and Corel Draw
• Reported to the residents service manager
• Researched information for the residents service manager
• Received calls and walk ins, interested in hiring the premises
• Answered any questions and queries customers had in regards to the premises
• Supported customers with the process of booking the premises
• Documented the booking onto the internal system

Very interactive work environment and very much appreciated.
Typical Office
Technical Assistant - Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Nottingham31 October 2014
Busy picking up and chasing e-mails and updating databases.

I learned that in order to progress in a busy office environment you have to multitask multitask multitask and forget to eat lunch.

Management - the empty can rattles the most.

Having an excellent sense of humour gets everyone through the day.

Hardest part is dealing with the empty cans.

Most enjoyable part of the day is when people say thank you for doing a great job.
Careing and fulfilling
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Residential Care Home in Melbourn20 December 2012
No two days would be the same, looking after 35 frail elderlies personal needs one minute, liasing with outside professionals eg doctors, nurses.etc. the next, managing staff and running the office work the next
the type of job where you are constantly learning, knowing that i was making a difference to service users lives as well as their friends and families.
supporting a varied team of staff,ensuring they have the correct training to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. making sure i listen to my team, letting them know they could come to me with trust.
The hardest part of the job was comforting relatives when a service user lie dying, making that phone call to the next of kin. the most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of a shift knowing that the majority of service users at some part of the shift i have made laugh and that family and friends are happy to trust me with the care my team are giving
Pros
good trusted reparture with service users and staff, good training facilities
Cons
long exhaustive hours. keeping up with ever changing laws and legislations.
Very productive
Fincance Officer (Current Employee) –  Southgate, London22 September 2012
I have been working in accounts payable as a team member, I get on with all Co-workers, assisting acounts payable team to prepare for supplier payment, reconcilling suplier statement, solving supplier queries and any other ad-hoc work. I do not find any part of my work difficult. I would like to accomplish what ever work I am given momatter how it is difficult.

I fin every bit of my wok enjoyable.