Metropolitan Housing Partnership Employee Reviews

Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Clapham Junction, Greater London18 July 2018
Busy

I had learned various things at MHT, to many things to mention.

I had good and bad managers, no opinion.

Good workplace culture with an equal recruitment system

Tying teams together and making them take responsibility for their workload.

Achieving results for the customers
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Lack of parking
Good people to work with
Facilities Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southgate4 July 2018
A typical day in my role can differ as I alternate between front of house and back office admin. I am responsible for handling incoming telephone enquiries. Booking travel and accommodation for staff members across the company.

I have learned many things within this role regarding the social housing sector, affordable home schemes and policies around housing in the public sector.

The workplace culture has been enjoyable however it is not one best suited to my individual personality as I feel I would suit working in a dynamic workplace where there are more opportunities for personal development, hence why I am seeking a new role.
long hours, bad breaks
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upstairs24 June 2018
The owner of the establishment is very nice. However, the general manager does not know how to speak to people, has shouted at staff in front of customers for no reason, can be pleasant sometimes but this is relative to what mood he is in.
Good company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London19 June 2018
Pros:

- Seem to work well as a team
- Some particularly good friendly staff

Cons:

- Funds should be managed slightly better since there are some pointless investments
Horrendous comapny

Terrible culture
Hate them
Not enjoyable

CEO is rude

Most of all management do not do right by the people who they are supposed to serve.
Productive and excellent training
Senior support worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 May 2018
I enjoy my time at this place, able to gain knowledge and skills around the schemes available. Worked with managers that are competent and supportive in career development.
Pros
Wider knowledge as you work with different client group.
Cons
Lower wages
The company prides itself on employee engagement
Income Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham9 May 2018
Metropolitan has many spokes to its wheel - it is not just a social housing provider, as was its original outset under Molly Huggins. As such, Metropolitan's identity has become confused, and with it some management decisions across many levels.

Learning opportunities are bountiful - but the mandatory desktop learning is a poor second cousin and it's very difficult to allocate time due to the constraints and pressures to get work done and meet targets.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers, breaking down barriers, thereby building trust to then be able to identify and help resolve their problems. Knowing that you have made a positive difference to improve someone's lot is a good, heartfelt feeling.
Pros
Good pension scheme
Cons
Lengthy performance reviews
great people but management lacks
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire16 February 2018
The general people that work there are extremely welcoming and friendly. The problem occurs with the general management who are detached from the customer service team. there is also a lack of movement on the floor, despite the consistent hard work of employees
Financially savvy, has lost its sheen since I left
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  London17 January 2018
A very well organised transactions team, the organisation suffered when several key managers all left at the same time. Pay was a bit low due to the public sector nature of the business, and there was no career progression out of the transaction team. Contributing to people's housing was good, pandering to some weird and wonderful exterior demands on our processes was not.
Pros
Great team, good relations throughout the organisation, mostly
Cons
Replacement management
Fun Place to Work
Systems Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London15 January 2018
A chance to develop and grown working in a fun environment albeit very demanding.

Responsibilities were usually wide ranging due to the size of teams.
Pros
Fun Place to Work
Cons
Long Hours
Dreadful place
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 December 2017
HR absolutely useless and in fact does not stand behind employee in grievances and alleged investigation,hence not interested in employees well being or caring in fact zero support,management absolutely not engaged or even able to follow up or offer support-for the company with 5 things they suppose to care about ,at least two like equality or diversity does not apply.Culture are not satisfactory rather pushing away responsibilities and blame others
Not promoting fresh and original ideas enough to give any recognition ,bonus system non existent hence bragging about great millions in revenue,Care & Support team management randomly appointed and wouldn’t call them caring certainly not about employees,innovative job approach and huge effort goes completely unnoticed,do yourself a favour and don’t ever apply there as many great with real potential employees left long time ago and more new ones will -company has huge turnover/retention hence haven’t learn anything-STAY AWAY
Pros
Annual leave
Cons
Everything else
no comment
Office Manager/Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  no comment20 December 2017
I enjoyed my role and metropolitan housing. they had a very excellent induction process, they ensured that all their staff were fully trained with adequate skills, knowledge and ability to carry out their role. they were very customer focused
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
fun place to work
bar support (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 November 2017
great friendly staff, a fun place to work, good pay rate, training was given to great standards, just an all round good place of work. cant think fo much more.
Good working environment with challenging HR issues withing the care sector
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire30 August 2017
A good role for any HR professional who particularly wants to tackle the numerous challenging areas involved within the care sector, such as contracts of employment, salary, agency workers etc.
Always interesting
residential cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brixton london2 August 2017
Daily task to complete, but very interesting job. Responsibility with care for residents, 1 day a week activities, lots of training safe guarding vulnerable adults, cosh training, fire training and medication training coming up.
Pros
interesting clients
Cons
more pay
n/a
Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  London31 July 2017
I felt that within this organisation there was a lot of negative culture in the workplace which impacted my work and also other departments. I also felt that rewards and recognition for successes was not given where and when deserved which meant that the team was not motivated.
Dangerous and corrupt
Senior support worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire24 July 2017
I have worked in social care for almost 30 years and have never come across such a corrupt management group. In 2 years i had 2 supervisions(meant to be every 8weeks) Managemnt scape goat the support staff constantly and have all been friends since children so if you are not in the group and you question anything you are treated apaullingly. Front line staff are amazing, management are dreadful from Team leader all the way up to area manager. I was signed off work for 5 months following the bullying and stress caused.
Pros
Endless coffee
Cons
No support dis-honest
Unfair treatment avoid
Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire21 June 2017
Expect you to work all hours. No rolling rota so can go months without a weekend off. No flexibility with your hours bullied if you say anything. HR are not interested in helping you. I had hardly any sick days did training and covered shifts they will not even give me a reference now. Wages are late and they make you wait till the next month. Favouritism is rife management diabolical.
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
No one listens or cares
caution.
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire20 June 2017
Senior management staff would make you feel like you were the problem for raising staff issues.They don't listen.

Cons:- Rudeness.Favouritism.Unequal Caseloads .Disrespect.

Pros:-Senior can offer you advice & support as a new starter.

Overall the hours are great.No weekend work or late nights.I can't fault the customers and really good training opportunities but would give this a miss. Head office never picks up on stuff.Based off site from HR.
Pros
Flexibility-Hours-Community based
Cons
Travelling-
Well organised and highly productive
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  New Southgate, Greater London1 June 2017
Metropolitan Housing focus well on the care of is employee. is a good place to work because it allow different types of employees from different ethnic background and provide flexibility of working hours for employees.
Pros
Flexibility working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Housing Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.

Metropolitan Housing Partnership Reviews by Location