Metro Bank PLC Employee Reviews

Very culture/behavior driven
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  London8 November 2018
Work life balance awful if store based!!!
If you are store based staff, you will see a huge difference in the way you are treated in comparison to when moved to the Head Office
Friendly environment
Cashier/Teller (Former Employee) –  LONDON27 August 2018
Friendly environment and Ask if you are not sure culture very helpful management and growth opportunities available, training and support provided. Ceo and directors visit more often and speak with all staff.
Different work life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London10 August 2018
-Typical day at work would be based on shift work come in tune your headsets and get started. Had 80mins break in a day including the lunch.
-I learned a lot about UK market and what customers expect from us as customer service representatives. I learned how I could deal with the high expectations as I worked in India and Kenya. But the levels here are exceptional and motivational.
-The management was helpful when needed.
-Work culture was interesting with RED outfits every Friday and amazing colleagues. The colleagues we had their were more like friends and very supporting.
-Hardest part of work was when we had to take calls back to back with not much reason of understanding why that was not possible.
-The most enjoyable part of work was when I got to speak on the phone, being able to help a customer and being able to know I have finally done what I like doing the most that is helping people and exceeding expectations.
Pros
Free lunches, Free gifts
Cons
Tough hour schedule
Pleasant place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London14 July 2018
Overall the job is fast paced and easy to learn with supportive management. However, too many unpaid extra hours are required. The positive culture throughout the company does make going into work enjoyable.
Progression & Development
Commercial & Business Account Team Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Pauls12 July 2018
Brilliant opportunities assisting and managing teams, performing risk audits across various sites, and building and improving upon the careers of my peers and I along with a team/site from the ground up. This role has aided in developing my skill set from working with varies personalities to being strategic and analytical whilst implementing process changes all of which I will take with me throughout my career.

Culture and its colleagues is the key to the companies success.
Terrible Workplace, covered up to look good.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex17 June 2018
They've wasted enough of my time. So I wont bother wasting anymore by writing anything dignifying about them, they are a sham of a bank, fraud is rampant, they are unprofessional. Playgrounds are more structured.
Ok
Fraud Investigations Agent (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 June 2018
This was a temporary role with Metro Bank in their Fraud Investigations Department. It was a great experience in which I had the chance to work in areas that I never thought I would be able to, giving me the skills to understand fraud and fraudsters. I gained an insight into a completely different working environment which was very interesting, although it’s helped me to realize that I want a more communicative job again, I miss building relationships with people and businesses. Despite only being a temporary position, it was made clear to me that a permanent one was there for me if I wanted to take it!
Pros
Tbc
Cons
Tbc
Excellent place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey7 June 2018
Great culture, great management and advancement potential. Fast paced and growing company. Unsociable hours hard to get used to but overtime and lieu compensates well.
productive and interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Stains-upon-Thames, Surrey6 June 2018
I have really enjoyed working at Metro Bank , I have participated in many events and charities and learned how to create fans for Metro Bank. I have developed my skills in customer service field and delivered an outstanding service while making Metro Bank Brand recognized and popular among all customers and their family members. I have opened young saving account for new born babies which have encouraged families to start saving money for their children. Over all team work and collaboration among colleagues was excellent. I have learnt to be more accurate numerically and have eyes in details specially when it comes to looking after people's money or dealing with fraud matter and explaining the banking terms to customers in regards with FSCS or FCA or PRA . Metro bank has been such a friendly environment and I would recommend to everyone who wish to work there and upgrade their future career.
Pros
. team work, Proficient in all aspect
Cons
unable to handle busy rush hours from management
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London17 May 2018
Metro bank is a good place to work. This is because the opportunities for promotion are always available. Also on top of this the staff are quite friendly.
Terrible environment with power hungry managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 May 2018
Awful place to work at, wouldn't advise my worst enemy to work there! Management care only about themselves and make things a personal matter rather than professional. They don't look at your skills or abilities, only at how well you can suck up and be disloyal to your friends.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything.
good place for progression
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 May 2018
work can become monotonous after a couple months of getting used to the role but there is tons of room for progression if you want to progress. nice work culture
Company review
Trainee Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Holborn11 May 2018
Great place to grow yourself and many opportunities available internally. Fast moving business designed for people who want to grow and explore their desired career.
Great Culture
Personal & Business Banker (Former Employee) –  London8 May 2018
Great company culture, every single person I met in the company was warm and friendly like you have known them for years. It is embedded into you when you first start.

I learned a lot about risk management and financial products, the hardest part of the job was not having a work/life balance, you would not get your rota until 1 week prior to your next working week.

The most enjoyable part of the job were my colleagues, great fun and enthusiastic, the company had a real family culture.
Pros
Discount on safe deposit boxed (applied only to those who have them)
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance. Low pay
Great client,
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  London9 April 2018
Interesting work, good dayrate, creative input well received. This is a good client to have and they treat contract workers with respect. I have had no negative experiences with this company.
Busy and constant
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London28 March 2018
The job was extremely busy with customers on the phone and can be enjoyable giving my best customer service to people.The rotas i had to work around was quite difficult to adjust to. The people I worked with were pleasant.
Pros
Treats
Cons
Long late hours
Good Work environment
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 March 2018
Metro bank is different form the usual bank the provide a very personalized service.
People there are amazing and are very focused on customers needs.
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London24 February 2018
Great start to developing and gaining skills, good to work up and move on to something better and more challenging. Good place for learning and development
Great place to progress quickly
Manager (Current Employee) –  London13 February 2018
Great place to progress quickly but expected to do extra hours as a norm. Also, management sometimes tend to micromanage and create unnecessary red tape. If you don't mind taking initiative and don't mind slightly below industry norm pay, this is a great place to build your career.
Pros
Great job advancement
Cons
Expected to do extra hours
Good Learning Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 January 2018
Metro Bank provided me with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills that will be beneficial in the workplace and throughout life to me and set in me in good stead to succeed in the future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Bank PLC. Our community is ready to answer.