Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council Employee Reviews

Pleasant place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Unit 3 Pentrebach Industrial Estate,Merthyr Tydfil11 July 2018
I was with Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council for a 12 week assignment via Pertemps so it I do not have enough experience with them to comment fully. However, my time there was a pleasant experience as I worked with a lovely team and was sorry to leave. My typical day was to record complaints about fly tipping on the system, print off the complaints and pass them to the fly tipping team for investigation. I learned that there is a great fly tipping problem in the valleys which is very difficult to control. My line managers were very supportive and easy going. It was a very relaxed environment. The hardest part of the job was typing up interviews which had been recorded. This was due to the fact that people don't always speak clearly and when 2 or 3 people talk at the same time it's difficult to understand what they are all saying but having said that I quite enjoyed typing up the interviews. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a great team.
Great
Initial response- support worker (Current Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil29 January 2018
Nice job very friendly and supportive. Great place to work, good benefits and salary, nice food in cafe very affordable. Desks and chairs at perfect height, elavator and stairs available.
productive work enviornment
Rights of Way Officer (Current Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil. Wales, UK18 September 2017
I enjoyed any aspects of the job, including learning new skills and progressing into new employment options and also training.
Management was a big positive in my progression in working there.
challenging yet rewarding
Elected Council Member (Current Employee) –  merthyr tydfil7 August 2017
as an elected member the challenges are there however you get to meet and engage with so many people and help to deal with so many issues, you also get to be a voice for people and challenge big decisions on their behalf
Estates Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merthyr27 September 2014
Enjoyed working here, colleagues were great, very comfortable place to be, modern building.
caring
Dining Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  merthyr tydfil15 March 2014
my manager was easy to get along with, if an emergency came up then no worry over cover. very understanding.
Productive and fairly challenging but overall a fun workplace
Cash Collector (Current Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil, WLS6 March 2014
My day starts at 8:30am and finishes at 3:00pm. In between these times we have to stick to a verbal rota to make sure we achieve our targets each day. We also have to make sure we accommodate our customers, Sometimes changing our rota because they need us earlier or later in the day. In doing this I have learned a great deal about time keeping and surviving in an everyday changing environment. Being flexible and diligent Myself and my colleague achieve our goals everyday and always achieve satisfaction even if it means working on just to satisfy a customer.
Birthdays, births and staff leaving the company are always a joy with cards gifts and cake being a priority within the office. Secret Santa at Christmas is also, always, a fun way to interact with staff and meet new people within the company.
Pros
Cups of tea
Cons
low salary
Great department to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil5 February 2014
I very much enjoyed working in the Adult Learning department of the Council.
Best company to work for
Recycling Warden (Former Employee) –  Warden, ENG20 January 2014
talk to people and explain to people how to recycle
deliver recycling bins to members of the public
Pros
All aspects of work and the people i worked with
Cons
early starts
productive,fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  merthyr tydfil23 October 2013
Meeting and greeting customers.Taking orders over the phone and face to face. Processing cash and card payments. Inputting data onto computer systems.Managers and co-workers are friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job is the shift pattern. The most enjoyable part of the job is welcoming and helping the public.
Pros
free use of all facilities
Cons
shift pattern