Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council

Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Review Summary
First I had to be in work for 7:00 am everyday. This gave me sense of responsibility. On the job I learnt how to deal with customers. I quickly learnt how to talk to customers and fulfil their needs.

One of the hardest part of the job was it being physical demanding. You are on your feet all day moving heavy objects to the truck for early hours in the morning. Despite this I was able to overcome the challenges and completed the job in a high standard.
Longevity and security
Stable and caring employer, who is trying to streamline services whilst maintaining integrity.

Opportunities for flexible working, and good salary/annual leave
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not as many career progression as previous.
Pleasant place to work
I was with Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council for a 12 week assignment via Pertemps so it I do not have enough experience with them to comment fully. However, my time there was a pleasant experience as I worked with a lovely team and was sorry to leave. My typical day was to record complaints about fly tipping on the system, print off the complaints and pass them to the fly tipping team for investigation. I learned that there is a great fly tipping problem in the valleys which is very difficult to control. My line managers were very supportive and easy going. It was a very relaxed environment. The hardest part of the job was typing up interviews which had been recorded. This was due to the fact that people don't always speak clearly and when 2 or 3 people talk at the same time it's difficult to understand what they are all saying but having said that I quite enjoyed typing up the interviews. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a great team.
Great
Nice job very friendly and supportive. Great place to work, good benefits and salary, nice food in cafe very affordable. Desks and chairs at perfect height, elavator and stairs available.
productive work enviornment
I enjoyed any aspects of the job, including learning new skills and progressing into new employment options and also training.
Management was a big positive in my progression in working there.
challenging yet rewarding
as an elected member the challenges are there however you get to meet and engage with so many people and help to deal with so many issues, you also get to be a voice for people and challenge big decisions on their behalf
Enjoyed working here, colleagues were great, very comfortable place to be, modern building.
caring
my manager was easy to get along with, if an emergency came up then no worry over cover. very understanding.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council?
Productive and fairly challenging but overall a fun workplace
My day starts at 8:30am and finishes at 3:00pm. In between these times we have to stick to a verbal rota to make sure we achieve our targets each day. We also have to make sure we accommodate our customers, Sometimes changing our rota because they need us earlier or later in the day. In doing this I have learned a great deal about time keeping and surviving in an everyday changing environment. Being flexible and diligent Myself and my colleague achieve our goals everyday and always achieve satisfaction even if it means working on just to satisfy a customer.
Birthdays, births and staff leaving the company are always a joy with cards gifts and cake being a priority within the office. Secret Santa at Christmas is also, always, a fun way to interact with staff and meet new people within the company.
Pros
Cups of tea
Cons
low salary
Great department to work in
I very much enjoyed working in the Adult Learning department of the Council.
Best company to work for
talk to people and explain to people how to recycle
deliver recycling bins to members of the public
Pros
All aspects of work and the people i worked with
Cons
early starts
productive,fun workplace
Meeting and greeting customers.Taking orders over the phone and face to face. Processing cash and card payments. Inputting data onto computer systems.Managers and co-workers are friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job is the shift pattern. The most enjoyable part of the job is welcoming and helping the public.
Pros
free use of all facilities
Cons
shift pattern