MERSEYSIDE POLICE Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace
Special Constable (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 May 2018
I have enjoyed every second of working for the police, its a job that brings great satisfaction, enhances a range of skills ranging from leadership, communication, and emotional intelligence.
Excellent
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool25 April 2018
I enjoyed my service within Merseyside Police. Like every large organisation it has it's issues. However, it is still the best force in the country and I am proud to have served them.
Good working conditions
Cook in Charge (Former Employee) –  City Centre17 April 2018
Great job satisfaction but very hard work. No breaks as you are too busy but overall it is a good company as you get a good pension.
Lots of travelling involved and move around the city from location to location.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Iots of travel
Best job ever
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Wirral and Liverpool 814 March 2018
From the moment I joined I knew that the Merseyside Police was for me. No 2 days were the same . I learnt a lot from all types of people and the situation they found themselves in. The only down side was dealing with death on a regular basis.
Pros
Ever day different . A new challange evey day
Cons
Assault. Civil unrest
What a Job.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool11 March 2018
I loved it the men and women on the force were just great people. The supervisory ranks up to Inspector always get involved with the troops but the higher ranks as with any organisation you hardly see them. A great career and memories and friendships you never forget.
Pros
Great Men and Women
Cons
Sometimes you get punched and have to continue to think of your duty.
productive
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  liverpool9 March 2018
great place to work, friendly staff, positive environment. Open door policy, senior members of staff encourage you to achieve more and continue personal development
Excellent career prospects
Detective Chief Inspector (Former Employee) –  Merseyside27 February 2018
There is no typical day at work, expect the unexpected. I learned numerous life skills and gained vast experience over a 30 year period.
Management evolves as does the organisation, but opportunities exist for everyone who is willing to put the time and effort in.
The work culture varies according to role/dept but the expectations and standards expected from the public and the organisation remain the same...the highest.
The hardest part of the job was managing people who don't have the same positive attitude to organisational and team goals.
The reward of being a public servant and making a difference no matter how little.
Pros
A wonderful career
Custody Assistant
Custody Assistant (Working Shifts) (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 January 2018
8-9hr days
overtime available
different shifts morning, afternoons, nights
being in a work environment with no natural light
working with lots of different people
Very Enjoyable
Police Constable (Former Employee) –  Liverpool9 November 2017
I worked for Merseyside Police for nearly 30 years as a Police Constable as a foot and responsecofficer Traffic Officer and latterly as a Control Room Operator
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Long Hours
nice place
Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  Merseyside11 October 2017
Nice place to work good hours good benefits. Hours to suit if you so wish. Staff work hard, supervision are good. Its good to help the people of Merseyside
Political
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Merseyside21 September 2017
Police Officers want to catch criminals and keep society safe but are hampered by inadequate laws and low levels of sentencing.
The same society/leaders demand robust policing but do not support Officers in stopping criminals preferring to protect the rights of criminals over the majority of the law abiding population.
Pros
Vocational
Cons
Work life balance, politically led senior Officers
Do something worth while
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Merseyside16 August 2017
Best job I ever had and only left due to reaching retirement age. If its in your blood to make a difference do it!!!
Shifts are currently long due to government cuts.
Pros
Too many too mention
Cons
the Public
Great
Special Constable Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 August 2017
Its all unpaided work, but its good for the mind, and great satisfaction giving something back to the community.
Contracted to work 16 hours a month, and get some good life experiences.
Interesting
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 July 2017
This was a nice place to work, the managers were lovely and made sure their employees were well looked after.

The pay was good and the job itself was interesting.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Hours
Awful
Custody Validation Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool24 April 2017
Terrible pay with no chance of promotion unless youre in a clique. half of the jobs advertised are just being given to someone who is already lined up for the job but they have to advertise internally/externally.
Pros
Cons
the whole workplace
interesting
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Huyton, Merseyside28 March 2017
very interesting to be involved in, would recommend to anyone interested in this field. very welcoming, friendly staff. thoroughly enjoyed my time with the force.
Pros
interesting
Cons
Good job if the role is for you
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside27 March 2017
Learned masses and gained invaluable life experience over my 10 years service. Management depends on immediate supervisors for day to day and senior management team call all the major shots for the oraganisation. Morale declined over my service due to budget cuts and officers feeling a lack of support.
Some excellent times in the job, some not so good.
Challenging
Tactical Team Inspector (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside9 March 2017
A great place to work. Commencing duty you don't know what the shift will bring. It can range from people missing from home, firearms discharges, staffing issues to report writing. I have learnt to use my experience to confront those challenges and make decisions affecting people's lives. You are the person the public need help from when there is no-one else at 3am on a cold Tuesday morning. The culture is focused on helping people - putting them first on everything we do. This is probably the most enjoyable part of the job in helping people but also the hardest component when confronted with the traumas they are subjected to.
Pros
A sense of teamwork
Cons
Confronting life in all it's baseness
Police Community Support
Police Community Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Tuebrook and Stoneycroft6 March 2017
Good community work, good team work, good supervision, good engagement with the community.
Day to day includes walking in local area, providing support to victims of crime.
Enjoyable Experience
Detention Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool18 February 2017
As I have only ever worked for Merseyside Police I have no other employers to compare them to. All I can say I enjoyed my time there. Never felt victimised in any way and when they could, would be accommodating to staff who needed extra assistance due to problems at home, illness etc.
Pros
Well run, job security, varied roles with the organisation.