Meridian Business Support Employee Reviews

As woth all agencies make sure you get the rate of pay in writing
Carpenter/Joiner (Former Employee) –  West Sussex22 June 2018
Usual agency... promise one thing and deliver another.

Make sure you get the rate of pay through on text or email. Otherwise when you pay is wrong, they will deny it.
Pros
Work
Cons
Typical pimps
good company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire17 April 2018
efficient and prompt payments did have some problems with pay but this was due to the contractor we were employed by and not meridian ,overall a decent company to work for.
Good company
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire14 April 2018
A good company to work for, they helped me a lot find different work from time to time. I would recommend them to friends and family members! Would quite happily work for them agai
Not paid on time
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire7 March 2018
After being under paid on the friday I was told I would have to wait till Monday till they could get it sorted after calling 3 times on Monday I was then told I have to wait till Friday. Awful experience with this agency
Pros
Good hours good rates
Cons
Pay on time
rubbish agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire21 February 2018
working for this agency is rubbish they keep you on for a couple of months then get rid of you then when they get rid of you it affects your rent so i would not recommend working for them my friends never got their holiday pay paid either they are just users only want you when worknow load is down your meet their targets they let people down all time and they let people go to work drunk too so I wouldn't even waste my breath on them I will never work for them again and I was getting different amounts on my wages too so disappointed
Pros
canteen was good for food and drinks
Cons
long hours longer breaks needed and longer contrats need to be offered
Very Little support
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  South Yorks21 February 2018
Warehouse work - ok

But after inquiring about benefits other, newer, workers were getting and why I wasn't, even though I'd been with them for four months - text me 'No longer required'.

When inquired why - told too little work - even though they kept sending new workers in regularly.

They said they find me a new role elsewhere, only to get my P45 in post a few days later with no explanation.

Interesting only 2 black workers were not required...
Pros
Got min pay
Cons
working for them
Bad agency
Foundry Operator (Former Employee) –  Bletchley16 February 2018
I worked with them for 6 months and they messed my my wages up every week. I did overtime n didn’t get paid. Work place dirty, and managers always shouting at foundry staff. Agency man gives people hard time. Was put on nights but didn’t ask for it. Would never work for them again.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, messed up wages.
productive work place
Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Grimsby10 February 2018
I learned what happens with in a admin workplace. Managment was brilliant. it was peaceful atmosphere and hard working. A very enjoyable enviroment. I loved working on the files and organising.
Pros
enjoyable workplace
So many errors
Hospital domestic (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire25 January 2018
Not only did the consistantly get the hours wrong that the client (nhs) had available but I had an email prior to starting a 12 week weekend contract, which stated I would be on double time on Sundays and time and a half on Saturdays. Only after starting work did I find out I would only be on £7.50 for the entire 12 weeks!

Meridian would not honour the rate they first told me I would get.
They also kept my holiday money as I didn't ask for it and at the end of Dec it vanishes. I assumed I would be paid any holiday pay owed to me

Very happy to leave Meridian. Never want to go back.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Masses of errors with hours and pay rates
bad
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire18 November 2017
Meridian hold holiday money when You finished work. Meridian no contact as You finished working, Does not answer questions. Bad attitude. Stealing holiday money.
Pros
coffee for free (bad taste)
Cons
some very lazy workers
Rip Off Mechants
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 November 2017
Underpaid me for working nights - paid minimum wage instead of agreed rate of £10.80 an hour - their mistake & refused rectify error the same week - made to suffer because of their incompetence - told them where to stick their job & refuse point blankly to work for them in the future!!!
Pros
Cons
Incompetent office staff
Hard working environment,cooking,cleaning and liftining
Kitchen assistant, Hospitality team member (Former Employee) –  Bradford16 October 2017
The job was hard on my body. But I make sure i get the job done.Is a fast working environment. There's only a certain amount of time we have for each kitchen . A lot of bending, kneeling and lifting.

Management was good. They're very stricked and were very supportive about what we do. Which was nice.

Typical day is dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping. Taking out the garbage, replacing garbage bags.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Deep cleaning somtimes
Shocking agency
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire16 October 2017
Worst agency ive worked for.they lied to inland revenue about my earnings.rob in piticular is very rude and arragent on the phone.took more money than they should for my injections.would not recomend this agency to anyone as they are bad.rob talks to you as tho your worthless.
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire30 June 2017
very good agency, lot of work, never shortage of work and always willing to provide with overtime, would definitely use them again, fair with holidays
Not a happy or helpful company
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 June 2017
Meridian Business Support industrial is not trust worthy they don't think about any of the candidates or offer any long lasting work. They promise you much more then they can offer.
sometimes no work
Machine Operative (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham5 April 2017
Generally merdian was a good place to work. But being a agency there was never enogh shifts avilable. The people and mangers were excellent and very helpful. I would work for them again.
Pros
godd people
Cons
not enough work
Fun and Effective workplace
General Dairy Worker (Former Employee) –  Cannington and Quantocks15 March 2017
Fun place to work, good work to life ratio. Hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts. Management communicated well with all the staff. A typical day was 08.00-20.00 on a 4 on 4 off shift
Pros
Cheap food
Factory worker
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, Cleveland, UK7 March 2017
Meridian was a good employment company as they always worked very hard to find a job without people waiting for ages. I was very happy and always had a job
Fantastic support
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Street, Somerset28 February 2017
Working along side Meridian has been fantastic they are very supportive company to work for and then meet individual needs
zero hour
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Wirral9 February 2017
what a horrendous mixture of threats to work or shifts cancelled, cancelled shifts as arriving on site. false promises of many shifts but only getting 2 or 3 a week, huge pool of staff. not allowing anyone to get the overtime ratwe as not qualified each week with number of hours worked despite the agency being paid Unilever labour rates. Appalling place to work and I believe huge organisations use these agencies nowadays to hide behind to bully staff into going in at very short notice and manipulating staff, no doubt permanent employees would have rights and being on the books of this set up just means you can be kicked and bullied and demoralised for however long you are happy to tolerate it. Also, I worked extremely hard and nver got a permanent role, despite being advised hard work was rewarded with contracts. Come to think of it, I don't recall anyone getting a contract.
Pros
The work is easy
Cons
Meridian were the cons but unilever were well aware of the conditions for casual staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Business Support. Our community is ready to answer.