Meridian Business Support

Meridian Business Support Employee Reviews

United Kingdom142 reviews
Efficient and friendly
Suits my current requirements, much more friendly than other agencies in my experience. The process of recruitment was less painful than it seems to be elsewhere.
Great Agency
I started with meridian as a FLT Driver working at Alpla in Golborne. The shifts are long but they are rewarding. If you are an FLT Driver There is no hard graft You pair 2 of the same pallets up, scan them and put them on their designated trailer it’s that simple. It’s the easiest job in the world, if you are a confident driver who can keep up with the fast paced environment, if you keep your head down you will be taken on with the company.
I enjoyed working there
I enjoyed working there it was fast paced I developed some skills and experience that will help me progress in the future. I was comfortable working at the till and speaking to xhsy
Friendly and relaxed
Most of the people I worked with were friendly. We would talk to one another but managed to stay on top of our work. I never felt stressed while working there and could always ask a co-worker for help.
Best place I’ve ever worked!
I’ve been working for a logistics company in Yeovil for Honeywell aerospace, currently I’ve been there 4 months and am loving it! Pay is really good, really nice people to work with and get lots of opportunities. The only down side as I’m an agency worker my contract can end anytime. Other than that meridian is amazing and offer so much support! Thank you
Good company
Provides great trainings. Good management. Long working hours. No overtime paid for working in the office. Great annual conference. Amazing support team
Short time but good experience
I work for meridian not long time is agency very helpful,I was painting a school in Colindale was good experience very good management and supportive,happy to work as a team to make a good job and highly standard
I just don t Like this company
They told u a lot of lies!! Today u are ok at work and next day they don t need you anymore but they still call another people for the job but in the same time they will tell you is no more work...
No security
They don’t stand up for you. They don’t help you. You feel as if they’re against you with everything. There is little job security and because you’re ‘temp’ and ‘agency’ it’s as if they believe they can stop and start your work with no warning. Avoid.
Good communication
I joined meridian over a year ago now and have to say they are far from the best recruitment agency I have worked for. They are always happy to help with what ever it is you may need.
Good pay but its danger money
You will be on a constant watch not aiding in mental health but literally sat down for 14 hours staring at someone. you can only go to the toilet with permission probably 3 times. you cant go outside prison for your dinner. they dont give you any breaks and you fight for your dinner. I was physically attacked
Pros
money but its danger money
Cons
everything else.
Some points of improving
Whilst working for NEXT PLC through meridian I received threats to kill from one of the workers at next I tried to call the police and the company tried to fire me because I wouldn’t tolerate this kind of abuse from anyone, I called up meridian and they tried to resolve it but nothing has actually happened, Both NEXT PLC and meridian asked me not to call the police but as no action has been taken I have been informed by my solicitors that I should call the police
Not the best
Scared to defend workers against alpla management.and everything is done by phone and text if u dont ring up on a friday for shifts u wont get anywere
Barbour
I was told by my supervisor there was a scoring system and I was safe, but a paranoid, sad, jealous, complained to the senior supervisor about me, so I got finished
Very poor would not recommend to anyone
Very bad company to work for was trained as a picker in warehouse near Armforth working 8 hour shift Friday to Monday but every time I turned up for work was put on box making duties. Then took 1 day off sick as I had kidney stone pain which I informed company about. Was due to start work again this Friday but received text to say not wanted due to poor performance, I would like to see them work when you are doubled up in pain trying to pass a kidney stone and I only took one day off, all other times was turning up before my shift started and booking in accordingly so much for job security. They just wanted to get rid of me due to my age as I am over 60 and only employ young people who are cheaper as they do not have to pay them so much.
Still have not received link to review my payslips despite numerous request for same don’t suppose will get a P45 from them either
Worst company you could possibly work for, it’s beyond a joke😂
They can’t even get my wages right for 3 weeks in a row. I’ve worked here for about 2 months and majority of the time it’s all incorrect. I have to inform my manager every single time they do this and it’s becoming beyond a joke. Alongside that it’s just a dead place to in general. Highly would NOT recommend👍🏽
Nice team both at the agency and in work, poor job security (no fault of Meridian)
I Enjoyed working a nine mouth contract, until the contract was abruptly postponed until the following year by the business hiring from Meridian Business Support.
Pros
Helpful staff, excellent in work team
Cons
Poor job security
The fellow Meridian staff were good
The staff who worked in the office were often rude and could not explain certain things to you. You could be sent home on a shift you were confirmed to do without pay and without notice until the day. They say they follow the same procedures as Hello Fresh do which is not true, they fire you without proper reasoning and without letting you know you were going to have a meeting. They say owed holiday pay takes 6 weeks, which it doesn't it should come in your last pay packet. No time off at busy times even if a family member is severely unwell, if you leave you risk loosing your job.
Loved working for them.
No problems working for Meridian for 2 and a half years Any problems were always resolved. Line managers were very good.allowed to work on ones own using your own initiative to keep busy and maintain the workflow.No two days were the same at work always varied. hardest part of the job was last minute rush jobs.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
temporary contracts
Official response from Meridian Business Support
8 October 2019
It is great to hear you had such a positive experience working for us. Thanks for the feedback!
Good for students(myself) but it is not well organised.
You have to send message to person who organizes everything, they then choose people for work. Sometimes we had to stay home for two to three weeks without work. Job is alright but you can't depend on it.
Very bad
Very poor company, would send message to say I have work only to travel to work place and find I did not, why anyone would use this company beats me...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Business Support. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6