Meridian Business Support Employee Reviews

Registered with meridian business support
Food Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Longbenton12 November 2018
I’ve been registered with meridian business support in the Newcastle branch for 4years and I’ve only once been given employment and that was supposedly for 3 full months at full time work and I was given one full week of employment and after that they kept fobbing me off with every single excuse you could imagine and the food factory I was employed to work for kept asking for me to come in to work but the agency kept saying that there was no available shifts for me regardless of the factory requesting me. They are the utmost worst agency ever I’ve had the pleasure to be registered with and since then, I’ve been phoning the place for work and still keep fobbing me off with just as many excuses as before.
Anyone wanting to get work with them,will only take on the people who aren’t any good or people who have NEVER BEEN QUALIFIED FOR THAT TYPE OF WORK, if you have qualifications in the work you want to get, good luck as you will be messed around beyond belief and they are nothing but a complete JOKE. A total waste of your time and money that agency is. Good luck to those trying to get work with them.
Pros
Not a single one. Are completely a waste of time.
Cons
Everything you can imagine and more.
Waste of time
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Op chocolate Merthyr Tydfil22 October 2018
Worst agency iv worked for gave me 2 weeks work every time I rang up to find out when I was working I got fobbed off by Adam. Where I got it call you back, no call back, no emails. Got promised full time work for next couple months with a chance of going permanent with the factory but speak to the factory and they clearly tell you they have too many contract staff.
If your ring the head office in Cardiff you get laughed at for being ignored by Adam who sorts hours offer to send you to another factory that never happens they are a waste of time, as useful as a wet paper bag.
Save yourself time and money traveling to theses factory for them to screw you over.
Other agencies are 100% better than theses
Meridian is the biggest joke going.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Cheltenham branch is great
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire5 October 2018
Knowledgeable, professional consultants who really do care about the individual.

Specialise in Engineering, Technical Office & Professional recruitment and also manage the NHS contract for Cheltenham General and Gloucester Royal hospitals
Pros
friendly and professional working environment
False promises
Packer (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire30 July 2018
Lack of hours always getting pay wrong and when questioned about pay said will get back but never do!!! Management waste of time just promises just keeps employing & long time staff get less & less work .
Pros
Workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Liars
Recycling Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire24 July 2018
Absolute Liars.
If i were you i wouldnt bother with these and go elsewhere though to be honest all agencies are the same but these top the pile. Appalling.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Plently
An absolute dumpster.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire12 July 2018
The work was work, but when I wanted to change I've got treated like the most disgusting person there is on this planet.
Appalling mannerism, no professionalism, maybe the other agencies don't treat you as trash but this one certainly does.
Pros
The work was good
Cons
The agency wasn't
Production operative
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire16 May 2018
Work cancelled a lot on a regular basis poor management skills from the Chester branch she talks to people like dirt with a bad attitude but not when your doing them favours . Worst person iv ever worked for in my life your just a number not a person and made to feel that way in s regular bases .
Pros
Decent wage, good when busy, good work mates
Cons
Bad manager of the Chester branch, 0 hour, shifts cancelled regular
good company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire17 April 2018
efficient and prompt payments did have some problems with pay but this was due to the contractor we were employed by and not meridian ,overall a decent company to work for.
Good company
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire14 April 2018
A good company to work for, they helped me a lot find different work from time to time. I would recommend them to friends and family members! Would quite happily work for them agai
Not paid on time
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire7 March 2018
After being under paid on the friday I was told I would have to wait till Monday till they could get it sorted after calling 3 times on Monday I was then told I have to wait till Friday. Awful experience with this agency
Pros
Good hours good rates
Cons
Pay on time
rubbish agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire21 February 2018
working for this agency is rubbish they keep you on for a couple of months then get rid of you then when they get rid of you it affects your rent so i would not recommend working for them my friends never got their holiday pay paid either they are just users only want you when worknow load is down your meet their targets they let people down all time and they let people go to work drunk too so I wouldn't even waste my breath on them I will never work for them again and I was getting different amounts on my wages too so disappointed
Pros
canteen was good for food and drinks
Cons
long hours longer breaks needed and longer contrats need to be offered
Bad agency
Foundry Operator (Former Employee) –  Bletchley16 February 2018
I worked with them for 6 months and they messed my my wages up every week. I did overtime n didn’t get paid. Work place dirty, and managers always shouting at foundry staff. Agency man gives people hard time. Was put on nights but didn’t ask for it. Would never work for them again.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, messed up wages.
productive work place
Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Grimsby10 February 2018
I learned what happens with in a admin workplace. Managment was brilliant. it was peaceful atmosphere and hard working. A very enjoyable enviroment. I loved working on the files and organising.
Pros
enjoyable workplace
So many errors
Hospital domestic (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire25 January 2018
Not only did the consistantly get the hours wrong that the client (nhs) had available but I had an email prior to starting a 12 week weekend contract, which stated I would be on double time on Sundays and time and a half on Saturdays. Only after starting work did I find out I would only be on £7.50 for the entire 12 weeks!

Meridian would not honour the rate they first told me I would get.
They also kept my holiday money as I didn't ask for it and at the end of Dec it vanishes. I assumed I would be paid any holiday pay owed to me

Very happy to leave Meridian. Never want to go back.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Masses of errors with hours and pay rates
Rip Off Mechants
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 November 2017
Underpaid me for working nights - paid minimum wage instead of agreed rate of £10.80 an hour - their mistake & refused rectify error the same week - made to suffer because of their incompetence - told them where to stick their job & refuse point blankly to work for them in the future!!!
Pros
Cons
Incompetent office staff
Hard working environment,cooking,cleaning and liftining
Kitchen assistant, Hospitality team member (Former Employee) –  Bradford16 October 2017
The job was hard on my body. But I make sure i get the job done.Is a fast working environment. There's only a certain amount of time we have for each kitchen . A lot of bending, kneeling and lifting.

Management was good. They're very stricked and were very supportive about what we do. Which was nice.

Typical day is dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping. Taking out the garbage, replacing garbage bags.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Deep cleaning somtimes
good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire30 June 2017
very good agency, lot of work, never shortage of work and always willing to provide with overtime, would definitely use them again, fair with holidays
Not a happy or helpful company
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 June 2017
Meridian Business Support industrial is not trust worthy they don't think about any of the candidates or offer any long lasting work. They promise you much more then they can offer.
sometimes no work
Machine Operative (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham5 April 2017
Generally merdian was a good place to work. But being a agency there was never enogh shifts avilable. The people and mangers were excellent and very helpful. I would work for them again.
Pros
godd people
Cons
not enough work
Fun and Effective workplace
General Dairy Worker (Former Employee) –  Cannington and Quantocks15 March 2017
Fun place to work, good work to life ratio. Hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts. Management communicated well with all the staff. A typical day was 08.00-20.00 on a 4 on 4 off shift
Pros
Cheap food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Business Support. Our community is ready to answer.