Mercedes-Benz Employee Reviews

Found 227 reviews matching the search See all 3,528 reviews
Easy going
Parts Specialsit (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 January 2018
Very good and friendly place to work. Very professional. Keen to put me through training which I am very willing to do and would like to become Mercedes certified
Easy, Friendly, Relative
Aftersales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 August 2017
Employee benefits, bonus, staff car scheme, holidays, great people, oppertunities, passion to succeed. Putting our colleages, customers and community at the heart of everything we do.
fun workplace
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Weybridge24 July 2017
Can be fun job but also draining depending on your role.
Can be long hours till late but the people there are fun and friendly and it is a nice environment to work in
Pros
free lunches
Fun Productive Workplace
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stockport10 July 2017
Amazing company to work for.will push you to your best ability its more than just a job its like a family they invest alot into each employee making sure they shine in their roles.
Pros
Cars, Education, people great office
Cons
Long Hours
Difficult to work for
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge8 April 2013
As with any motor industry company, Mercedes is a very difficult environment to work within. the management at our branch was new and still learning, unfortunately they found the role difficult with new changes taking place. the role was very full on and fast paced. co-workers were pretty good to work with although were very under pressure to deliver and had a high turnover of employees.
Pros
prestigious brand
Cons
not very secure environment within motor trade
Awful
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey7 July 2017
Over worked, terrible management being very clicky. pros are that the money pays well but not worth the hassle. Days off being taken away.all give no take however very good aprenticeship programme
Friendly environment to work
SERVICE DRIVER MERCEDES BENZ BROMELY (Former Employee) –  London, ENG18 February 2014
One Monday morning, I had a difficult customer to deal with who verbally abused me in the presence of other clients. All because I requested for her car key to carry out damage report and drive the car to the garage.

Throughout my working time at Mercedes, I learnt to respect and listen more to customers.

I was very close to the service management and sales management and as a result, I Learnt how to log in jobs on a client's car to the technician team, making sure jobs were completed on time by liaising with the technician team.

I had a wonderful working relationship with my co-workers as we work for each other as a team and respected each other.

The hardest part of the job was during Christmas period where we get so many cars to be serviced as we had few parking spaces available.

The enjoyable part of the job is when working on weekend. That was the opportunity to learn new things outside my job role - ie working close with the technicians, being involve with the sales and working at the parts department.
Pros
we get bonus every month
Cons
we worked in all weather conditions out doors, as is difficult to record damages on cars. It was crucial not to record damages on cars.
An excellent work place with a friendly atmosphere
Outbound Tele-Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Winchester, ENG21 September 2015
A fun and exciting place to work with a real sense of team work and professionalism. Everyday there was always a new challenge and the key is to rise to it and push through as a team. This company would always help you grow and develop further within your role and this equated to the main enjoyment I had from working for this company.
Pros
Job Security
Very busy place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London7 December 2017
This is probably the biggest dealership in West London selling new and used cars and has a huge service centre. You will need to be on top of your game here the customer expect exceptional service as they are spending a lot of money on a exclusive brand.
Trainee
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre12 December 2017
I wasn't there long enough to get a true reflection of the company, but in the two weeks I was there, I had a great time and really enjoyed working with all department.
Pros
Several breaks
Cons
No pay as it was work experience
A unique work environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Weybridge17 March 2016
Fast paced, varied and fun work environment where two days are never the same.
I learnt to be multi-skilled and adaptable.
Approachable management team with an open door policy.
A highly skilled and professional team who takes pride in their job and are passionate about what they do.
Being so busy that you cannot talk to everyone.
Being surrounded by a great product in nice surroundings.
Pros
Nice new car every 12 months
Cons
nothing springs to mind
Productive and fun workplace
PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brighton, Redhill and Tonbridge27 May 2014
When I started at Mercedes Benz it was a fun place to work in and I learnt an awful lot.

Management team were lovely and we had some very good times

My co-workers were always helpful and welcomed me with open arms

We had to move in 2009 to Redhill, Surrey that was abit of a shock even more so when I was told that I would to do the monthly payment run. By the time I moved to Tonbridge, Kent the payment run was a piece of cake.
Productive and Fast Paced
Personal Assistant, Network (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 July 2017
Producing reports and presentations
Networking with stakeholders and other areas of the business
Attending meetings, note taking
Organise Diary, catering, hotels, cars, meetings
Good culture
Short time spent working there
Sales Executive and AMG Specailist (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, ENG23 October 2013
It was a superb opportunity when I joined to become the AMG specialist but it came obvious when I got there the company had problems. I did well whilst I was there passing the AMG test with a 96% pass the highest in the UK,
Mercedes cars are the best in the world and when I lost my job due to poor management I was very disappointed.
Pros
to sell the best cars in the world
Cons
Hours but that is car sales
Challenging and friendly work environment
Mechanical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG11 November 2014
The work experience was voluntary.
A typical day consisted of completing service checks and helping MOT numerous cars, including use of specific mechanical tools. The experience was challenging considering my limited knowledge of mechanics but I was both trusted and encouraged to work alongside my mentor.
I was given the role of checking and writing out paperwork for the service checks of vehicles as well as managing the cleanliness of the work environment. Therefore, I feel I learnt the importance of cleanliness in relation to safety.
The job consisted of being on foot almost all of the day, which was tiring and very difficult at first but I adapted well and now feel comfortable doing such a thing.
All of the employees within the garage were male, and therefore it took a great deal of confidence to enter the work environment. However, I feel that adapting to such an environment helped me gain confidence and proved I can communicate and interact with others well.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to sit alongside my mentor in the Mercedes Benz vehicles whilst he test drove them. I found this very exciting.
Pros
Takeaway Fridays
Cons
Long hours and always being on foot.
Not bad
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 July 2017
Not bad place to work although basic salary isn't the best, wage made up of a confusing bonus system as well. Staff are all nice enough and friendly working environment.
Busy but rewarding
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire12 January 2017
Typical day is busy and non stop but rewarding at the end.
The people all try to help each other as much as possible.
The hardest part is dealing with difficult customers
The most enjoyable part for me is having all of my systems up to date and correct
Pros
good people and great product
Professional work place
Customer Retention Executive (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ENG7 August 2013
My typical day at work was dealing with exciting customers booking there cars in for services and ringing customer to come into the show room to view the latest cars. My colleagues and management were great they were very helpful and encouraging. I learned to deal with tricky customers in a polite and orderly manor. I enjoyed the working environment
Good start
Workshop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tamworth23 June 2016
I've thoroughly enjoyed working for Mercedes-Benz, it's been invaluable to me and given me a place to grow and develop. I'd recommend an apprenticeship with a company for anyone wanting to go into the motor trade.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
Excessive amounts of paperwork
Not a bad place to work, has some fun aspects
Workshop Controller (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG25 March 2014
Busy day to day schedule, slow work process that hinders part of the role. Management are less productive as needed but competent in their jobs. Very much a team atmosphere that most business would benefit from. Staff integrate well between all departments and though sometimes lacking in the goal make up for in determination.
Pros
Staff engagement
Cons
Slow process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercedes-Benz. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K