Mercedes-Benz Employee Reviews

good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire9 July 2017
made me feel really welcome and a part of the team despite me being a temp. a good working environment, relaxed yet hardworking people. better experience than other motor businesses
Awful
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey7 July 2017
Over worked, terrible management being very clicky. pros are that the money pays well but not worth the hassle. Days off being taken away.all give no take however very good aprenticeship programme
Productive and Fast Paced
Personal Assistant, Network (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 July 2017
Producing reports and presentations
Networking with stakeholders and other areas of the business
Attending meetings, note taking
Organise Diary, catering, hotels, cars, meetings
Good culture
very busy place to be
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Peterborough28 June 2017
but totally again mis-managed by incompetent people, people leaving every day, managers being sacked or walking out in frustration. 4 left whilst I was there for a very short time.
Pros
nice products to sell, nice company car
Cons
very long hours and terrible commission structures constantly changing
Micro managed
Service booking (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset12 June 2017
Working in the service booking department for Sandown Mercedes Benz is not a nice place to work.
It's a call centre where everything you do (and I mean everything) is monitored.
Calls come in at a rapid pace and you can expect to be pushed so hard that mistakes are inevitable.
When you do make a mistake then you can expect to have your wages adjusted. Fines are common.
When on a call you have to ensure you are saying everything you should be. (Doesn't matter if the customer wants to hear it or not). If you miss bits out you are penalised. Miss enough and any bonus you've worked hard for over the month will be affected.
Targets are achievable with absolute focus and commitment over the month but it's soul destroying trying to achieve them when 90% of feedback from management is so negative even when you've given them your soul.

It's commonplace for staff to be in tears.
They won an award for customer service but the staff were not suitably rewarded.
Very high staff turnover.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Treated poorly and run into the ground
Structure
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Sheffield8 June 2017
Easy place to work in regards of sales. The place is too busy which has its good and bad points such as non stop but rushed.. the structure such as management is terrible the turnover is an eye opener.
Light Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London6 June 2017
The management was not very stable through my time with the company. So every so often the structure would change dramatically on how our branch was ran.
Fun place to work
Valeter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 June 2017
I enjoyed working working at Mercedes very nice staff no bad points I loved this job management was A+ hours were good even enjoyed working overtime. Bad points was working trough agencies .
Excellent Working Environment
New Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow19 May 2017
Mercedes Benz has been a great company to work for as it is a great brand with plenty of choice for customers. I really enjoyed working with Management as they were understanding and you knew what was expected of you. I have been in the Motor Trade for many years now and feel that this has been one of my best experiences. The job is Fast paced as a Sales Consultant however you are rewarded for hard work, would definitely recommend it.
Pros
Nice Company Car, Great Brand Image
Cons
Long Hours
fun workplace
Valeter (Current Employee) –  Colindale Station18 April 2017
The Mercedes Benz is a verry good company, and the people are realy frindly and helpfull
and the managers and employees are realy friendly and the team work its on a high level
good
good
Productive fun work place
Service Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow13 April 2017
Enjoyable work environment. Friendly people and workplace.

Just too long to commute to work everyday.

Frequent change in management with no consistency
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A very good company who look after there employees
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 April 2017
A good company to work for and if you work hard and show willing you have the chance to advance there are also many benefits and retraining opportunities , it has a very large turnover of parts picked and dispatched
Pros
Car scheme
Cons
Its expensive
Fun
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London19 March 2017
I personally love cars and executive vehicles so it was always a absolute pleasure to work there. Throughout my period there I have learnt so many things: being persuasive with the customers, exterior and interior specs, socializing with customers, answering calls, etc.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
Worst place to work ever
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire9 March 2017
Zero support within Dealership, full of empty promises.
Wouldn't waste your time and effort

Some Members if staff are rude and inconsiderate. A lot of favourites within the dealership,
good place to work
Data Analist (Former Employee) –  milton keynes uk7 March 2017
very rewarding and nice place to work with bous and car
Pros
car
Cons
difficult to be promoted
its a ok work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Truro2 March 2017
the managers expect you to do two person job as before I started there were two people doing the whole show room but they only got one in to cover them when they went on holiday
Service Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London1 March 2017
Because this company have a 3 shift system it was very hard to have a good relationship with the customer as you may have to see a customer in but not see the customer when the work was completed and vice versa. A typical day would be spent chasing completions or making future bookings, chasing parts or dealing with phone enquiries.
I did not learn a great deal more than my current skill level.
As for the management I heard that the Service Manager also left a couple of weeks after me?
The remaining staff were friendly as easy to make friends.
The hardest part of the job was for me the shift system.
The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with Techs, Other reception staff and the parts staff.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
productive and friendly workplace
Partsman (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 February 2017
never had a bad day at work and was always supported by colleagues

Mercedes Benz is a very well organised and professional company
that meets its standards
was a good experience
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  England26 February 2017
a typical evening at Mercedes benz was rushing around making sure everything was prepared on time.
I learned how to cook different, tasty meals.
work place wasn't that great but was more than enough for a Christmas temp job.
hardest part of the job would of been making sure everything was done on time and correcting plates quickly if made wrong.
the most enjoyable part of the job was near the end of the night getting to have the spare food left over.
Pros
left overs
Cons
working in a hot small area
fast paced
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire21 February 2017
Good brand, great cars but need more support from management and be more competitive with their finance plans.
Most dealerships have good support.