Mercedes-Benz Employee Reviews

Good Management and HR
Star Expert (Sales and Client Care Representative) (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom5 October 2018
Good management
Caring Human Resources Department
Competitive Environment
Salaries are paid on time.
Job Security despite the environment
A good place to start your career path.
Worst place I have ever worked
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex25 September 2018
Sales team runs dealership(do what they want) management is poor, customers not treated well. Not much else to say. The big boss should visit anonymous and watch for them selves or work there for a week! There is no structure and people are not managed the good ones seem to get penalised and poor thought off. Wished I never left my previous job for this company feel sorry for customers that get left to wait and wait eventually they walk out and there is a sale lost.
Pros
Nice cars
Cons
Favouritism, bullying in work place, manager poor
Good company, good training
Lead Generation Communicator - short term contract (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes29 August 2018
Work on national campaigns to aid in the selling of vehicles. Taking on lots of responsibility to establish myself as a jay part of the team. Good hours, overtime available
Pros
good company
Cons
menial work
Professional working place
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Vienam12 August 2018
I learned a lot from professional top leader, process of how global company running business in developing countries with unstable of laws, integrity in working environment . Hardest part of the jobs and the most interesting part of the jobs is pressure from top management that push me over my limitation and know who I am and what I need to enhance in future path.
Pros
Free lunches, additional fee : phone, transportation
Cons
nothing
Productive and demanding and rewarding
Car Valeter (Former Employee) –  Poole3 August 2018
As a car valeter you are required to clean cars and drive them to and from the allocated parking space.

I was working with a team of three to four but had to collect and clean cars individually. Sometimes I would assist others who were a bit slow. So common sense and using your initiative is vital.

The management was good but very busy so you wouldn't seem them very often. You're left on your own most of the time unless the manager needed to see you or have a quick talk.

The hardest part of the job was to clean to customer satisfaction within at least 30 minutes for each car. Sometimes they were very unclean and therefore hard to work faster. Nevertheless, it does improve on one's time management skills.

What I enjoyed most about this job is that you're outside all day, you have a one hour break for lunch, and get to drive some nice cars around.

The benefit of doing this job is that time passes very quickly.

In general, I find that gaining experience in a different role allows you to develop new and existing skills further, which you might've not realised you had in you before.
Pros
Outside all day and hours of work quickly go
Cons
Must work extra fast depending on the dirtiness of the car, which can take a little longer to complete.
Telephonıst/Receptıonıst
Telephonist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Derby29 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed thıs posıtıon lovely customers and staff. The terms and condıtıons were very good. As I have worked ın the motor trade for many years thıs was another rewardıng posıtıon.
Feels like high school
Service Admin (Former Employee) –  Colindale21 July 2018
Started at 8am finish at 6pm, didn't really learn a lot, the work was quite repetitive. There was politics between staff, a lot of staff complained about management not understanding the work load is too much and the car park being so full, customers were hitting into each other. Most of the staff are really friendly, however they don't get enough credit for their hard work compared to the employees that have been there for over 10 years
Pros
wages, company car
Cons
favouritism and long hours
Great Enviroment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge12 July 2018
The brand it self is amazing to work for! typical day can get fairly busy, the customers are great and management are understanding. be prepared for long days with a few quite spells however electric enviroment
Pros
Perks
Cons
Peolple
Productive and Fun Place To Work
Used Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Park Royal30 June 2018
As much as I liked my colleagues and managers around me as well as the product, there was indeed one thing which I can say I genuinely did not enjoy whilst at Mercedes Benz. THE CUSTOMERS; for some reason believe they should be held high on a pedestal because of the brand name.

I am a strong advocate for great customer service and my level of service are always to the highest of standards. I get enjoyment through pleasing people and giving good customer service. However, for Mercedes Benz customers to leave a sour taste in my mouth, you can only imagine how bad my experience was, with not one, two but MOST customers I faced.

It took the fun out of being at such an amazing brand and my time their was short lived before I decided, enough was enough and I am worth more than this. I decided to go somewhere I would be more appreciated for my hard work and efforts.
Pros
Great Cars, Great Pay
Cons
High targets
Productive and successful place to work
Senior Service Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire28 June 2018
Very busy, fast-paced place of work. People are fantastic, benefits are great. Company lives it's values. Very nice place to work. Working at Mercedes Doncaster makes you feel like part of a family.
Pros
Working with some of the finest cars in the world
Cons
Can occasionally be mentally draining
Sales Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ascot, Berkshire20 May 2018
I loved working at Mercedes they educated me on all sorts and motivated me to do well in all aspects of my life. I actually really miss the company and feel gutted I ever left the company!
Pros
Fantastic people
Cons
Salesmen can be overbearing for female staff
multicultural funny place to work.
part sorter recode orders (Former Employee) –  milton keynes13 May 2018
I take this opportunity to applying for a mechanic job position into your division to value the company benefit hard working energetic person with team work well organised awareness of health and safety.
Pros
30 Mnts
Cons
10 Hrs
easy going
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Customer Service Advisor19 March 2018
Provided first class service required by leading manufacturer on dealing with its valuable clients in the provision of follow up support from initial welcome call to MOT reminders, servicing and introduction to interesting events planned by Mercedes Benz.
Engaged in customer database updating with new client information, business lead generation from clients previously having bought from ourselves and passing on information as potential sales leads.
Successfully sold a number of high specification cars to wealthy clients.
Pros
Cons
No progression available
God's to work there
Valeter (Former Employee) –  Preston farm8 March 2018
It was a good work place if I had chance to work something like it I would I learned how to clean a car in and out side. Meanly inside off cars plastics window vacume
Pros
Never went
Cons
Good hours 10 to 6
very friendly, like a family
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire23 February 2018
I work mainly on my own, in my own little corner with my files and my 1st aid kit (I am a 1st aider). I am nearly always learning , every day you learn something new even if it's not about work. People will tend to come to me for the harder things that that are not sure about but they know I will know. We all work together as a team when we are pushed and everything is madness, like if a lot of customers come in at once. I love my job but the culture of the management has started to dwindle onto greed and not treating staff as they should be treated, so I think the time has come to move on.
Pros
everybody helps each other when needed
Cons
not being able to take holidays 12 weeks of the year
workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol22 February 2018
great company to work with and to shop. I will advise other people to purchase their dream car in Mercedes Benz. I think its a great company its a friendly environmental company.
Longbenton
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Longbenton3 February 2018
Workshop is very poor and outdated not what you would expect from a big company like mercedes benz. Its a s**thole. The people that work there are sound apart from a select few. You have to pay for your work clothes. And they dont like getting you overalls either.
Pros
The xentry diagnostic tool
Cons
Place is a dump
Expect everything to fall on the salesperson
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh30 January 2018
Although they treat their staff decently, there is an unnecessary amount of work put on the salespeople. With a massive admin department who don't really do much, the salespeople are overly responsible for making mistakes...
Pros
Company car
Cons
Costs a lot in tax
North Korea !
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire22 January 2018
Behind the glitz of the 3 pointed star...not a happy place to be, demotivated staff who are always worried about losing their jobs...kills productivity, no team spirit as everyone is looking out to protect themselves.
Pros
nice cars to drive
Cons
culture of bullying and corruption
busy, sometimes stressful, always professional
Progress Chaser (Former Employee) –  West Midlands18 January 2018
typical day at work is varied, no two are the same, booking in and progressing both new and used cars through the system, ensuring any repair work such as damaged alloys and paintwork are repaired quickly and cost effectively. I've learned to communicate with people at all levels - from the CEO to external contractors, the art of negotiation and when no really does means no. Management offer advice, help, guidance and assistance when needed. the workplace culture is a lets get this done attitude, with everyone puling in the same direction, hardest part of the job is sometimes working to very tight deadlines sometimes the customer requires the car that evening to go to a wedding or on holiday. most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of satisfaction when at the end of the day audits have been done, all work is complete and customers drives away in their new cars with a smile on their face.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
can get very stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercedes-Benz. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K