Menzies Distribution

Menzies Distribution Employee Reviews

United Kingdom229 reviews
Currently an employee at menzies in linwood. As an employer they are shocking at day to day management. Their treatment of agency staff an young workers is shocking. Treat like literal slaves. If you have an issue with your pay they take so long to sort it out. Basically they dont care as long as those wagons are getting filled Tldefinitelbullying culture in
Pros
Hard to think of any.
Cons
Lack of care to staff.
The employment experience I have ever had bar none.

We've all had bad jobs. So viewing my experience of Menzies relative to other bad jobs I've had I'd still have to say that this place really was a cesspool of favoritism, Nepotism, abuse and bullying. I worked in the CSC (customer service center) which really was the stuff of nightmares. AVOID THIS COMPANY! please listen to me!
Pros
I keep in touch with some colleagues I used to work with.
Cons
Pretty much everything else (I Am being Deadly serious about this).
Got hired straight away as it is warehouse based. No respect throughout the whole workplace. Depot was based in Wakefield, if I ever had an issue, supervisors would dismiss it and managers treated everyone poorly. Probably the only thing good about it was had opportunities to do VNA training keeping yourself away from the supervisor's attitude towards all staff. Highly recommend all supervisors and Managers to be reviewed as overall not a bad job, just the people who work there. Had one supervisor (a bully as it will) used to verbally abuse colleagues and get away with it even after complaints to managers.

As I was literate with computers and writing, I was put on administration for one of the machines to be then be told my job is not important (this was one of the main roles when stock came into the warehouse, VERY IMPORTANT). Overall, Menzies was an average company to work for, not many work benefits over the two years I worked there, they gradually took work benefits away 'to save money'. As a job itself, it was easy but very labour based for minimum wage. The work culture between workers was very good as we treated each other as family, mainly managers and supervisors made work life a misery. I have been to various other depots at Menzies and I can honestly say Wakefield needs a review in their work culture and the way staff are treated as other depots are great in comparison.
Pros
Easy Job, Simple, VNA training
Cons
Direspectful people, Not challenging, Only way to excel is if somone leaves, Minimum wage
like a other jobs :) nothing to say, pay good, woek is easy, good collection, fun on work place,have to chance get better place there, i recommendr for the others
I have never been in a job with such a lack of communication or care from the management and supervisor for new staff. I was mostly just sweeping the floor on my first shift (fun...) as they were clueless in what to assign me to do and almost felt like they didn't want to know me.
On my second day the supervisor told me to re-stock the racks with magazines and gave me NO instructions in where to get the magazines or where to put them before she quickly ran off, nobody was assigned to teach me and had to ask this foreign guy i was working beside with how to do it and i improvised as the shift went on. First couple of hours and i was already wanting to go home so badly and i was used to repetitive jobs.

I assumed i was doing the same 9 hour shift the day before then was given the news that it was a 10 hour shift i was doing with only a 30 min break.... Again, nobody told me this. I refused to stay on for that long and told the supervisor i was leaving on the same time as i did before. Why they wanted it to be 10 hours i don't know as all the work appears to be done after 8 hours with a load of the workers just hanging around.

All the people i spoke to seem to can't wait to leave the place and some were even leaving halfway through their shift as they had enough of it.
Manager could of handled the business a lot better. Security should of been more tighter. Think it’s partly the managements fault on why I got redundant.
It is an independent way of working environment with the help of teamwork culture. The health and safety could be improved in terms of congestion of the warehouse arrangement.
Pros
occasional bonus
Cons
delay in job supply
Nighshift hours day shift pay poor management no shift allowance always putting dayshift work onto nighshift no extra money high sickness due to people fed up with place to many stupid rules and regulations
Not a very good experience working at this place, expect you to work outside your normal working hours and poorly managed employers. Work overload and not appreciate.
Its a fast paced environment which seemed the shift went fast, f you were stuggling someone would help pick up ur workload. I would go back to work their at a moments notice
Forced to work on bank holidays for basic pay 9.21
Overtime basic pay 9.21

Night shift pay 9.21

No bonus for key workers

Avoid!
The management never had a clue what was happening.
Bullying and intimidation were a normal part of the day.

I'm still owed £5000 of my redundancy package that they keep delaying.
Racism
Bullying

Overworked

Treated unfairly

Bad management

Overworked bullied by management if not fast enough. Banders bullied if can't keep up with experienced packers
Long and tough going for fast pace and team play.
In the time of working for menzies only thing i learned is to just do the job and do nothing more as there is no return.

Management ......who?

The hardest part is to be nice to others as there is no team work its all about the I.

Getting out on the road to be alone and just doing the job seeing scenery
I would tell everyone who ever thinks of applying here to reconsider.
The place will be closed in a matter of months.

Due to an almost terrifying lack of concern and action with regard to -health and safety issues.

-Wages

-unpaid overtime

-forced overtime

Avoid at all costs
Very unprofessional
Managers play on their mobile phones

Dont discuss KPI

Very unflexible

No break on 6hr shift at a pc taking complaint calls

Extremely filthy office and not compatible for disabled person as advised no DSE equipment provided until after 3month probation passed even then not individual for needs
This is a shocking and so badly run place there is only one decent supervisor there people do what they want cause most have been there years and people are to scared to say anything to anyone. Turn over is high wages are poor for the amount of lifting and work speed you have to do. I would avoid at all cost
The hours are advertised as 6am till half 3, dont think I was ever home before 5pm. The constant stress is enough to drive anyone into an early grave. Upper management have no idea what is going on. I was told to sack certain staff then the next day being told to get them to work over time to clear parcels. Morning conference calls would literally be the upper management shouting and swearing at the depot managers. You could have 6 drivers off and no help would be offered, all that would be asked was will you clear. I almost lost my family because of this job, my phone was ringing 24/7 and getting sh*tty emails from people if the slightest mistake was made.
Pros
The driving staff are a great bunch
Cons
Literally everything about this job is bad, Don't expect to have a social life once Menzies get their claws into you.
My work colleagues in depot were all brilliant to work with, but upper management were unreasonable, and unfair, seldom did they look out for any of their staff. Although understood i would be doing some overtime, 1st week I started until leaving, had to do between 15 and 20 hrs a wk on top of contracted hours, for minimum wage, overtime payments often wrong or late.
Hard work, short breaks, bad money, no chance to improve yourself, team leaders/supervisors/managers don't cares about workers..Loot of dust.It's not a really clean place for your health safe... After couples months most of people leave with back injuries.
You cant understand anyone you work with as none speak English the bosses and supervise think there better then you same dose the bosses there like 8 people who speak English and alright to get long with