Play YouTube video button
Information from Menzies Aviation:

Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

United Kingdom284 reviews
Poor
Management poor, shifts poor with hours all over the place. Never knowing what the plan was from day to day. Always being asked to do things at the last minute.
Best people ive ever worked with
It's a job that takes you all over the airport, great blokes. Hard work sometimes, and you have to be vigilant at all times airside. It's good money and it's a good idea to get in early to prepare for the days work ahead. Evening can be a bit quieter. Overall it's a great place to work.
L’atmosphere au travail
Travailler avec mon équipe été superbe la direction toujours la pour nous aider si besoin nous motiver
Decent
Working at Menzies is a good blast of fun as everyone is easy to get along with and work wise everyone helped eachother. After getting to know your line of other employees on your shifts you all turn into a family, you can have fun and a laugh doing the job.
Work place culture is fantastic
I love this company, I worked here for than 2 years and it is the best company to work for. The supervisors and management are very helpful and very nice.
Would be better if everyone given same opportunity
Very clicky and doesn't allow female staff to progress forward, even though had previous experience where I was treated better and allowed to move forward.
Certain staff are favoured in certain roles rather than being rotated, and others being allowed to progress.
Positive experience
I have worked at Menzies for nearly four years, I have learned a lot which I am very grateful. I have met very interesting people and I wish them all the very best
A fair company
An okay place to work The job is physical but with the right staff, makes it a fun place to work Management could be better.
Downsides are working every day, all hours, early mornings, late nights.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Menzies Aviation?
Aviation services
Shifts are a pain to start with but you soon get used to it, wages are fair with some down time.
It's mainly male staff on ramp with the banter that comes with it.

If you're easily offended then it's maybe not the job for you.
Productive, fast paced and fun place to work.
Dealt with range of baggage handling responsibilities, while working in a team. I carry out aircraft and equipment inspections and hazard checks, reporting any faults and taking care of the paperwork needed to get the job done. Following safety, security and airline-specific procedures, I put our customers’ - and their customers’ - needs at the heart of everything I do.
N/a
The management tell you what you want to hear about promotion then pick people they know who have no clue about the job. They make you do jobs you aren't trained to do which company motto is not trained dont do it. Cargo manager only cares about cargo and nothing else hes running the company into the ground single handed.
Pros
Get promised the world
Cons
Get nothing
Great guys to work with and managers very easy to get on with. Good training set up.
Initially started in the ramp agent position of loading and unloading of luggage to and from cargo hold.Progressed to driving equipment to stands and the aircrafts.Assisted in the baggage sort area when required.
Anything
Load and off load planes general ramp duties also I done pushback driver headsets. Sometimes the managers were there to help.the allocators were there for us and helped out.there was good banter between the ramp guys .
Not the worst place to work
Overall OK experience, not the worst place I've worked, could be so much better with easy ways to accomplish this. Better hands on management would help and a lot more communication between managers/allocaters /TL's would improve it rapidly
stressful
difficult to work
stressful,not fleaxable managers are difficult

shift work is problem no uniform standarts

colleques are inexperience

hard to deal managers no manners
Terrible Management
Never a company made me feel that small. Managers are unhelpful, dont answer emails, lazy very lazy. If you are a woman some will try to flirt with you and get further, very unprofessional! Always short of staff, there is a bunch of lazy ones (supervisors) always smoking and drinking coffe down the terminal and not helping on the busy flights. You will observe all this while you try to perform some duties and assist several passengers at the same time.
If I had to describe this company in short sentences I would say lack of communication and big favouriticism.
Good Company To Work For
Menzies Aviation is a good company to work for. However management skills could be improved and salary is low for what responsibilities you take on. My job is currently under redundancy, I have been through risk of redundancy last year with the company too but I put the faith in the company and decided to stay with them. This time it’s not looking so good. The job security isn’t the best thing going for them.
Enjoyable company
Excellent job prospects
Exciting job everyday is different

Opportunities to work with various different airlines

Great management and support network.
Basic company
Meant to be a temp job company. No real benefits from the job, senior (people who have been working longer) have crazy good contacts compared to the newer contacted people.
Horrible
Hate this firm with a passion get pay cuts without being informed,get your pre-booked holidays cancelled,management are useless and dont care or cant be bothered to help.nothing is ever enough what you do for them..
Bad Management
The job is good, if you like aviation industry and dealing with customers.
But Managers and Supervisors are in general really rude and is hard to get any emails answered.

Shift pattern not bad. But hard to get flexible hours. Not helpful with mothers looking for flexibility. No sick day paid. No parking. Lots of overtime available.

As a temporary job is fine. Leave soon.