Mental Health Concern

Mental Health Concern Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
Hard Work but rewarding
Mental Health concern provide care to people with dementia, in my nearly 10 year in this company I have grown and gained many skills
The role is very rewarding
Avoid!!! Honestly avoid!!
The staff are lovely and they go above and beyond for the residents, the managers on on the other hand, are nothing but bullies. They will trick you during the interview and make bunch of promises, when you start you will literally regret it!! You feel harassed!! On your days off they are constantly ring you and make you feel guilty for saying No. No JOB is worth your mental health!! AVOID!!! It’s a horrible place to work. They call themselves Mental health concern, but your mental health is not important to them. You are just a number to them. I wish someone warned me.
This company is incredibly flexible and offers a great work life balance, they don’t just look after their clients they look after their staff too! Would recommend them highly.
Pros
Flexible Working
Have never worked somewere so manic and underpayed
I was promised nhs ratea and enhancements and support, which i have not recieved none. Over worked under paid manic place to work . Longer servining staff make u feel left out and do not practise safe moving and handling techniques , i was disgusted the way th ragged the residents around when doing personal care . I could no longer witness or be a part of this unit and was tempted to report to the cqc and highly disgusted . The shift patterns also made me leave 6 days before a day off , then u were hassled or forced to work them at times
Pros
Cons
Just working there full stop
Excellent
Caring for both personal and professional growth offering emotional debriefs due to the significant demands of the role. A valuable employer and place to work.
Pros
childcare vouchers, bike to work
Fast paced
assisting residents with all personal aspects of care ( shaving, washing, hairdressing, bathing, toilet)

moving and handling residents from chairs to wheelchairs, beds to commodes.

assisting in food preparation and feeding individual

domestic cleaning of bedrooms and public areas

laundry rotation

tea trolly

care plan reviews

stock replenishment

I learned how to communicate promptly and effectively to co workers. working and achieving on my own helped to build upon my confidence

I thoroughly enjoyed this job as I love the elderly so being able to hear them talk about their lives fascinated me.

hardest part is seeing the family visit and show pain for a person they have emotional lost
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mental Health Concern. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8