Melia Hotels International

Melia Hotels International Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews
First job in housekeeping was really enjoyable,I learned loads of things,some of them were basics and some of them were advanced but overall I made most of my knowledge regarding this department
Buen ambiente de trabajo en general y con esfuerzo y sacrificio dan opciones de promoción
the staff is very friendly but doesn't speak a good English .\Most of them are not interested in doing their job , a busy place but it is not quite well organised
Ha sido la mejor empresa en la que nunca he trabajado
Am still new in the company but it was enough time to realise that growing in this company its mission impossible. Staff benefits are not the best as all you get is 30%off F&B if you decide to have some food at the hotel on your day off. Salary is a bit higher than the minimum wage but not something impressive! Also, you don't get paid for extra hours. The best part of all that hotel is new and in a good location, so you meet a lot of nice customers and lots of regular guests as well.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no pay for extra hours, benefits, growing
Una gran oportunidad que me enriqueció en muchos sentidos, me expuso a un nuevo mercado y forma de trabajar. Conocí personas increíbles de las que aprendí mucho y conocí el sacrificio que supone el mundo hotelero, más aún en una ciudad como Londres. Asistí en la gestión general del hotel de la mano de nuestro Director, una persona admirable y profesional que llevó el hotel a su mejor momento desde su apertura. Tuve la oportunidad de ser promovida lo cual me enseñó una parte diferente del dia a dia en un hotel, a la vez que desarrollé mis habilidades tanto de ventas como de planeación. Un gran equipo y experiencia.
Foi a melhor empresa onde eu trabalhe na minha vida
Terrible, angry management, short break that usually was missed due to ridiculous workload. Uncomfortable work environment. Low pay for too much work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Impossible workload
Empresa con una gran estructura gerarquica, con unos procedimientos muy establecidos lo que proporciona confianza en el consumidor. Solidos en la politica de minimizar costes y maximizar los beneficios. Grandes opciones de promociones tanto laterales como verticales. Estoy aprendiendo cada día y puedo decir que es un exito personal formar parte de una gran corporacion como MELIÁ
Pros
Seguro medico, descansos, bonus por trabajar en navidad, o en nocheviejaby año nuevo
- Reporting and daily control
- To be in contact with manager

- Tedious daily tasks

- Analysis, decision making and good results

- Deadlines and Manager reporting
bien, buen ambiente, gran equipo, buenos companeros
Charming experience working in one of the best hotel brands in which I could learn to perform a good service as a worker for very sophisticated clients
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Great oportunity but staff not being motivated by company . Management not profesional . Not apreciation from management. Money too less
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal hours
It is a good place to work and learn in a multicultural environment. Working here gives you the feeling that you belong to a big family.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Small possibilities for personal development
Its very nice like to work this company to expirence to work very hard to be part on this company to share and to enhands my experience to this company.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Regular hours
My team at Melia is amazing and I really enjoy working with them, we always have a good laugh together and a nice working environment. We are facing and solving all the problems together and learn from each other so we have experience in different roles. I think this is a big advantage of working in a quite big team.
without my employees I will be nothing and without the guest as well. We all must work together in the same direction and with the same vision.
it was a challenging because melia i the third hotel company in the world.good brand and good benefits,around 300 hotels in the world
Es una empresa , en la que es fácil la adaptación , gracias al maravilloso equipo de cocina
Great portfolio and great opportunities to meet the agents, excellent career progression opportunities on a global scale. Training is poor considering the size of organisation and hotel portfolio, organisation culture is strongly Spanish oriented.
Pros
Free lunches, travelcard zone 1-2 included
Cons
Long hours when attending events
In Melia hai learned a lot about beer,, wisky wine ,how use the micros how take a payment in many ways even if the systen doesn't work properly. I really like work location where i have to deal with people from different nationality my relationship with my collegues is very good.The most enjoyable of my job is when i approach the guests or during the service when i take care of them i meran i have a realy passion for service.the hardest part ovviusly if the closing speccially after a long day.
Pros
good money . good atmosphere
Cons
long shift