Meggitt Employee Reviews

not a good place to work for
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire7 November 2019
got to get things right first time, sometimes unit fails on test ,management
are not very good ,they put too much pressure on you., some workers are friendly,shop floor,others are not,there are no enjoyable parts to the job its just a job
A great place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands7 November 2019
I personally loved working for Meggitt. I found them a great company to work for and if I still lived in the vicinity I would go back and work there.

Typical day:
Get to work, Check emails, deal with any immediate queries.
Allocate payments against remittance and indicate payment amount on target sheet.
Chase aged debt
Resolve queries in order to maximise payment
Run company credit checks
Month end duties
Ensure targets were met

I learned how to use Microsoft excel in greater detail.
Meggitt work with some very sensitive customers, so diplomacy was always a massive part of the role.
I grew in confidence as monthly aged debt meetings would be held at the various sites that applied to your ledger and then as the purchase ledger clerk, it would be my responsibility to delegate tasks to the workforce to get the queries resolved.

I found the management very fair.

The workplace was fun and but obviously dedicated to the job at hand, when I worked there I set up social activities for team bonding etc.

Every job is hard, especially if you have a great attitude towards it and you want to succeed. So I don't know what I would say was the hardest part of the job.

The moist enjoyable part, is the achievement of resolving an aged debt and getting it paid. Building a great report with your customers so that they know, you will do what you have promised, because there is nothing more frustrating then a false promise.
Pros
Free Lunch
Excellent working environment
Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry24 October 2019
Excellent company with a great work-life balance and flexible working hours.

Benefits are second to none and the work environment is great.
I've seen to many changes
Paint sprayer (Current Employee) –  Stevenage19 October 2019
I enjoy what i do at meggitt and gives me so much satisfaction when a job that I've sprayed and prepped goes into a box ready for delivery to the customer,
I feel that I've been very loyal to the company giving them 18yeara service I feel I need a new challenge
Pros
Good Benefits and a solid company for future work
Cons
To many changes for people on the shop floor
Don’t bother
Gofor (Former Employee) –  Shopfloor18 October 2019
Company on a downturn to disaster !!! Shocking aggressive management that are all in it together redundancies started earlier than should have been No support for those who are up for redundancy & management don’t give a toss . Some good people on shop floor but company has had its day - avoid .
Excellent work environment
Normally start work at seven. Carry on with your daily work load . I normally had 2or 3 products to work on at the same time . Your day went quickly. The shop floor management at the moment is probably the worst since I started working at meggitt! No idea of products or how long they take to produce and they are telling important clients unrealistic dates for these products .
The work environment at meggitt was excellent but with redundancy and closure of the Basingstoke factory obviously it's not as good now..meggitt has excellent staff with lots of out of work meeting (Normally down the pub)
Pros
Overtime available. Share scheme. Paid sick .very flexible
Cons
Poor communication..
Toxic management style
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 October 2019
Management is the worst I have experienced for 15 years. Poor man management skills. Bully boy tactics are the order of the day. Make suggestions for improvements at your peril! Management are not interested in improving processes, and this is an area that needs work. If you are simply looking for work, and can go in every day, keep any opinion to yourself and do exactly what you are told without question - then you will be OK. Otherwise - Avoid.
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
Everything else
I work for my own company and provided a service under contract to Meggitt
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Shepshed, Leicestershire1 October 2019
I have lucky enough to contract with Meggitt at various of its businesses around the UK.
It has been my best customer since I began contracting.
It has been dealing with serious challenges well and moving forward
Laid Back Approach
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands12 September 2019
Enjoyed my time at Meggitt in Coventry in the beginning, the management where great, chance in leadership took a turn for the worse.Employing European Nationals with no Engineering Qualifications to inspect Aerospace parts playing a dangerous game, the recruitment agents have to be more reasonable and ask for Engineering papers.
Inept management.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire24 July 2019
Company closing down, issue redundancy notices, beg people to stay on to train people to do there jobs after the fact. Clueless management which is top heavy. Really good 'Redundancy package' though.
Process Operator
Press Operator/ Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 June 2019
Clueless management that rely on others to do there work extremely low morale on shop floor that falls on deaf ears no ethics and no clue how to change opinions it’s who you know and not what you know was once a good company when it was serck now ruined by management- shame
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Great atmosphere, extremely hardworking and friendly staff
Employee (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire30 May 2019
Great place to work. Ideals and values of company are strong.
Hardworking staff - everyone pulls together to get the job done.
Good work ethic
Buildings need a little updating
Cons
Parking
Maidenhead site was a great place to work, small team of 60 however workload time to time was stressful due to production did not meet demand, somehowe we managed to hit our targets and satify customers.
Pros
Report direct to site leader
Cons
No free lunch
Disheartening work ethic.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire9 May 2019
Management taking on supervisors with no experience put extra workload on staff. Collegues were mostly friendly and enjoyable to work with. Hardest part of the job was not being informed of projects to be undertaken until the eleventh hour.
Pros
Xmas hamper
Cons
Middle management with no experience.
press setter , machinist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 May 2019
review
Interim Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire18 April 2019
Really good company, friendly Staff, and great atmosphere. Good Location and good Salary. I would defo recommend working for Meggit PLC and Café is great value.
Clueless wombles
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 April 2019
Bully boy style management can't stick to a plan so always running in circles, could be good if the management had some balls and brains or just a bit of guidance
Pros
Get to come home
Cons
Most of it
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead11 February 2019
A big company putting money ahead of employee's. Good pension scheme but pitiful support for redundancy with little or no help to find employment or create cv
Once great but now intolerable
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 February 2019
All senior management are completely clueless, I truly mean that. One bad decision after the next. Try to run the place with fear and intimidation which as achieved one thing, demoralised employees working at half speed! Arrears and supplier quality out of control and still the heads are in the sand. Planning on moving to a new site at Ansty in the near future which will finally kill off the business. Please avoid for your own sake.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Incompetent management
challenging place to work
Pressure Technician (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke4 February 2019
I have been working at Meggitt for over three years and found it a challenging place to work.The training is poor and you have to take things in quick to learn if the person who is training you is not very pro active.The management is quite poor and the overall working atmosphere is not what I expected from an aerospace manufacturing facility.
Pros
good working hours and good salary.
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meggitt. Our community is ready to answer.