Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews

This was a new venture
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire5 April 2018
I didn't stay here long as it was less about mental health than it was about drug users which I had limited scope and knowledge with. I explained my voluntary work and experience and personal life circumstances should put me in good stead to work for the newly up and running home.
Pros
Thorough training
Cons
Having to travel to Cambridge
Terrible
Suport worker within the community (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 February 2018
Could be out from 6:30am until 11:00 at night and your availability means absolutely nothing. Constantly being rang whilst trying to work and even on days off yet when you try to call them regarding a client or rota you are put on hold or cant get through at all. Management constantly make false promises and communication is extremely poor. I used to love my job but with this company I just felt rushed and frustrated not being able to assist people as much as i would like to. No travelling time between calls and calls often overlapped on rota, when you call to try and sort it out they say they have when they havent and then they will blame you for the mistakes they have made. Holidays are never accepted as they are always short staffed due to the way they treat people. Office staff are rude. There is so much I could say and I would challenge anybody from the company about the points I have made. The only reason I lasted was because of my clients.
Pros
Making a difference for the elderly
Cons
Company
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire29 January 2018
Good staff members to work beside, great range of service users, guarenteed hours, can trust other members of staff, long working days, not very lenient
Pros
Guarenteed hours
Great Place to work
Office Junior Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 January 2018
Loves my time a medacs and I am going to miss everyone there. I would go back and do it all over again at the first chance I get. I just wished they had a role for me after my apprenticeship
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
Management Could Improve
Lovely management
Agency Support worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire28 December 2017
Nice staff and during my time there they were very helpful and tried to find work for their agency staff., Rates of pay were I think comparable to other agencies
Pros
Can choose hours
Cons
various places of work
general day at home care
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford, Yorkshire27 November 2017
most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people on a day to day basis and knowing that if its wasn't for me they wouldn't of achieved what they needing to be done such as everday tasks. the hardest part of the job was all the driving around leeds and Bradford area. management wasn't that good sometimes you couldn't get threw to the right people you needed too get the correct information about service users. a typical day at work was drive to the clients house do personal care , provide medication , provide food and fluids , clean the house and their washing and then move onto the next house and do it all over again.
Pros
flexible days
Cons
long hours and alot of driving required
hard job without support
medical doctor (Former Employee) –  uk2 October 2017
do not apply for this job, not secure and no support at all
do not recommend anyone for this agency

therefore I think I will rate this company as a poor
Pros
nothing
Cons
hard and without support
very fullfilling job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 September 2017
Really enjoy the job. Helping people to live independently in their own homes is very rewarding. The salary is quite good especially if you want to work weekends
Pros
Free training and DBS check
Cons
can be unsociable hours
Long hours and pays not great
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 May 2017
They dont really care about they staff . You can be out from 7 in morning till sometimes 11 at night love to overload you with work . They dont pay u no mileage or any fuel allowance neither.
Pros
Cons
Long hours low pay
Great people to work with and great company to work for
Registration Officer (Former Employee) –  Skipton14 March 2017
A typical day for me was to maintain complaince and get Doctors ready to work.

I learned how to manage a busy and ever growing workload.

I found the managers very approachable and they only wanted the best for you. They worked with you if you were ever struggling and were always willing to get their hands dirty!

You are allowed to be yourself here as long as the work load is done effectivly and sufficently.

The hardest part of the job was sometimes the customer would think they are right (they weren't!) and you had to convince them otherwise!

The best part of the job was the people who worked there.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Salary didnt match the workload
Varied roles
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire13 March 2017
Support working via an agency
Must be prepared to travel for training
car driver essential
Not ideal if you have small children
meet lots of new people
enjoyable job
Pros
no pro
fun
Assist service (Current Employee) –  London, UK3 February 2017
Good place to work, organized staff. flexible and reliable. understanding and easy to reach, good team worker. lots of skills to gain and opportunity available to acquire
Pros
flexible
worked different places
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  varied23 January 2017
As have worked in different locations which have given me a wider experiences to work with all types of vulnerable people.
Pros
Cons
you dont get job daily
Excellent place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire28 December 2016
Excellent place to work, very rewarding role and opportunities to progress within the company, within the UK and overseas. I am very happy at Medacs Healthcare.
interesting
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  everywhere25 December 2016
my job involves travelling to different hospital and worked with various service users with mental disorders as well as physical health issues. met different staff with different attitudes. the job is challenging but rewarding. I enjoy most when patients tells me how good and helpful I have been to them and they are getting better.
Pros
n/a
Cons
permanent staff attitude towards agency staff
Supportive and progressive company
National Clinical Lead (Current Employee) –  Nationwide7 December 2016
Excellent colleagues with fantastic support from management. A culture of caring at work where staff are supported and given progression opportunities where possible.

My job has been very varied and I have learnt an incredible amount. Support has always been there when needed and the HR department are incredibly helpful and always available to offer advice. I don't have anything negative to say.
It's a nice company to work for but not much work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester20 September 2016
The company was very nice to work for but not much work... Everyone was lovely... Helpful when need... If I had any problems they would the their best to solve it..
Brilliant
Mental health; nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester23 July 2016
Very good agency to work for, most used by the hospital local to me. Staff are always consistent and employees are assigned a "consultant" to organise shifts etc. These consultants are always on the ball, honest and reliable.
Only downfall is frequency of shifts (which is down to the wards you work on, not fault of the agency) can fluctuate so if this is your only line of work it's difficult to maintain a wage.
Pros
Reliable, consistent, welcoming
Cons
Lack of hours
Enjoyable workplcae
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hichingbrook business park6 June 2016
Part of a lovely team to ensure that applicants were registered efficiently to place them in work. Data logging, time keeping, answering phone calls and updated data.
. (Current Employee) –  .16 May 2016
medacs healthcare is a nice place to work, the hard part is phones on 24/7 too much work not enough staff in some departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.