Medacs Healthcare

Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom69 reviews
Efficient agency
Positive experience in getting locum doctor position for night shifts. Availability in replying any doubt via e-mail, even during the weekends. Personalised approach.
Good Agency Cambridgeshire
I had a great booking advocate, very supportive .
It went from BlueArrow to Medacs, 2003 - 2017 it was great training, probably one of the best.

The rates, I think could have been better , the night shifts and mental health units seemed to be better paid.
Management has no regard for staff welfare or safety
Management has no regard for staff welfare or safety. Management are unable or unwilling to have any interest in staff once you start working that’s why within the industry medacs is probably the worst to retain Staff.

Every day you have off you will get at least two phone calls asking you to work
Rewarding but very poor pay and not safe for yourself or Service Users during Covid Crisis
Very rewarding. Management are not on your back. Half the other Carers and dedicated and professional, half are sometimes rude to Service Users, do the absolute minimum and then leave. This is not a job you would do for the money - however they will accept anyone at all. When I did initial training two people failed but they let them start anyway. If you are chatty and generally would feel good about doing something small to make someone's life better you will get on well. I have worked in Care Homes and found this job much easier as most Service Users require much less care.
I would say that at the time of writing (late April 2020) Medacs are not taking any (obvious) steps to protect Service Users or Staff from Covid-19 infection. PPE is very very thin on the ground and limited to absolute minimum 'by the book' standards rather than common sense. For your own sake and that of the vulnerable people you are working with I would not recommend working here until the crisis is over OR testing / PPE and risk management has dramatically changed. We have never had gowns and only allowed to use masks if a Service User has symptoms - although we are not warned ahead if they do. Often Covid status is unclear and communication with managers to Carers on the ground can be poor so its better to deal with Supervisors who also work locally (Managers based in Leicester). Vast majority of staff in management / office are caring hard working people but sometimes poor communication can lead to misunderstandings.
Pros
Autonomy, Rewarding
Cons
Zero hours, Pay very poor, low status, not paid for travel time, gaps between calls eat into pay
The single worst employer I've ever worked for
Dismal management... Run by idiots who don't understand the demands of the work but push for more regardless.. Regularly working 2 hours unpaid overtime to keep up with the caseload... Don't go anywhere near these clowns
No support at all
No support at all.
Left to sink on you're own.

If you do well the management love you. If you dont they dont care at all. Salary is not great. They hound you when you're off work by constantly texting you.
not a bad agency to sign up to
my job entailed working at hospitals as a health care assistance. i didn't work with this agency for long but i can confirm the staff were friendly and had no regrets being part of the compnany
poor
poor. the management never ever ever get back to you and when they do, it is to say that all the shifts have been taken. it is a very biased agency that benefits people who have spent their whole life working there as they have leverage over new starters and it is very sad.
Management don’t listen. No communication from management. Over worked and putting extra calls on you without asking. Left on your own to get on with work. No help or support when struggling, but if something goes wrong its your fault
Good experience, excellent pay, good staff.
Overall it was good to know all the staff members at Medacs. I have enjoyed working with Medacs. I'll recommend my friends who wants to work in health care.
Agency work
This company in the main provides agency work to the care sector. So there is little contact with the agency. They were efficient in the main and provided work 90 % when I requested.
Great company
Good company to work for if you have a driving licence and have a passion to care for others they have great management and you are paid weekly which was great
Nothing good to say
Toxic environment to work in. Overworked and underpaid. you can be used as a scapegoat and easily get into trouble over minor things or things which dont concern you. dog eat dog environment. dealing with clients can be quite challenging however in most instances rewarding where they are concerned. not the greatest set of colleagues so you always have to watch your own back there therefore difficult to relax and feel free.
Medacs health care is ok but the management need to seat up.
Not much to say they should increase their salary. And the management team need to seat up. And work this easy for the worker out there because they are this eyes of Medacs. And be fair of salary and statutory paid
Dangerous and not fit for purpose
Paid scape goats and horrendous management. Lies to Steakholders and inspections reflect it. Would never work in Social Care again after my experience with them.
Terrible place to work
Would rather be on benefits than work here they are absolutely terrible stressful backhanded and unfair you apply to work in one borough but are made to cover all boroughs they have contracts in all in ur own car with no petrol allowance it was costing me to do their work
No good coordinators, having favourites, especially the carers who were rude and verbally abusing other polite care workers & also vulnerable S/users
Some care workers very rude and verbally abusing other colleagues. Because no action was taken in regards to their unprofessional attitude, the job was very stressful plus no support from the care coordinators who are paid to sort these issues.
Management not good at all, no proper training on communication for the coordinators who enjoy bullying ppermanently
Enjoyed working with them
Nice company to work for.and I got on good with my work colleagues and my clients.but still waiting for more hours.plus we get paid weekly.and I always work with the same clients and less we need to cover for other workers.
Cons
Not much hours
Stepping stone
Senior compliance officer responsible for the Middle Eastern onboarding process for all Healthcare professionals
Manager of junior compliance team

Implementation of Middle Eastern licensing scheme seeking to obtain medical license to practice healthcare

Ensuring the risk and compliance functions meet with countries regulatory obligations
productive and fun workplace
medics health care was a good place to work. i worked alongside my colleagues in a team which i enjoyed as they were friendly and listened to what i had to say.
People at office are rude
Very stressful place, they don’t respect their employees and treat clients and workers just like numbers. Phone and email you when you are on holidays. Colleagues phoning you as late as 11pm.
Pros
Cons
All.