Mecca Bingo

Mecca Bingo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom272 reviews
Good
Is was a good job with great people and customers and also supportive management I had a lot of good years working for the company but I resigned for personal reasons
Fun place to work
I laughed with the staff and customers almost every day!
This is usually a fast paced position whichever department you worked on (evenings are busier than afternoons)

Management were thorough with training and I felt I could talk talk to them if I had a problem.
Horrible
Too much favouritism at this place. Management favoured one of the new staff, even though they weren’t any better at the job than anyone else. Too much brown nosing at this place. No training was provided, had to learn on the job on busy shifts. Management were not supportive at all at this place. Manager lacked empathy, was extremely rude and talked down to staff.
Great place to work !
Mecca Bingo is a great place to work, yeah it has it's up and downs but what job doesn't. the hours are very flexible especially for students and the pay is average just depends on your age and how many hours you are looking to work.
staff are great to get on with everyone works really well as a team and are very helpful
Enjoyable work & easy shifts
Absolutely loved working for Mecca. Despite being contracted to 16hrs/week, I was very involved with overtime & I would find myself spending most of my time at work, rather than at home. Wouldn't work anywhere else. Only incentive that I received was staff discount on food at other clubs (& a free game voucher when I first joined). Shame that I was dismissed while on probation due to ongoing mental health problems.
At times relaxed, other times hectic
Worked there for a total of 4 months. Initial few days enjoyed it, then it just became stressful and under stimulating. Most of the staff were polite, just lacked better management, especially the food stock tender.
Not a place I would recommend
The company of Mecca has no interest in staff, all focus is on the companies bottom line. Although this is important they forget that their staff have a vital role in this.
Staff good, management not so.
Management can be difficult but most of the staff are really nice. Don't expect any appreciation for the work you do. They expect you to do alot and learn quick. Training is limited if at all.
Good job, bad manigmant
Ok to start. End up treated like a dogs body.
Teamwork is a saying not an action. If yous work hard that good cause you have to do others work for them. Bosses are not so good, they,have there favourites. Staff are nice but will talk about you behind you back.

I enjoyed working there as most customer are nice. The moneys not the best and you can do better if you friendly with the bosses.

I do,miss some of the other people who work there. The work is not hard, just rotas get changed so you dont have set days. Some bosses are not appreciate of hard work, dont say thank you.
Pros
Short shifts, half price food, nice customers
Cons
No set days, bosses not listern
Poor working conditions
A very fast paced job but poor management and supervisory procedures biased towards long term friendsand employees meant new workers often given the worst jhobs and treated unfairly.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Long hours poor breaks ba dpay bad management
I loved working here..
Really good place to work.. very lovely

staff.. obviously it is fast paced but

that's what I liked about it.

It was lovely getting to know all the

customers and looking forward to seeing them each shift
Great people but no chance to progress.
Mecca bingo was a great place to work. That being said you were constantly being told there would be chance to progress only to be told that there was "no funding" or there's "no room for any more senior team members" for them to then take more on externally when you trained for the job but then was not getting paid for it. You are under appreciated for the work that you put in and will never be thanked for doing overtime of shaming departments mid shift. If your off sick, be prepared for people to call you a liar, and even though the staff are friendly, the place is very cliquey. Overall a good job but unsociable hours and underappreciated.
Team Member
Met some lovely people there who have become a major part in my life but due to awful management and greedy money grabbing company interests this place should be seen as a very last resort to apply too
Fantastic Teamwork
I have worked for this company for over 11 years now and have worked my way up from the bottom to become Duty Manager and have since completed my training to become operations manager. I love my team and helping them develop their skills within the company. I feel that the hours are no longer suited to me as I start from as early as 8:30am and can finish latest of midnight, leaving not much spare time for myself. Although i am very thankful of the skills Mecca has given me I feel its time to apply these skills in a new environment with hours that suit.
Mecca bingo
It's what you expect at a bingo Hall!!! The hours are long and only difficult depending on the people your working with not really any benefits but job security is there!
Mecca bingo
It was an alright experience apart from the fact that they didn't listen to me about college and that they put me on shifts that was physically impossible for me to actually get to so I quit because I didn't like being messed about with my shifts.
fun place to work
The mecca bingo i worked at was a very nice place to work. friendly staff and always meeting new customers. its can be both competative and relaxed at the same time. being a team leader i also had the chance to work at a few other mecca bingos and even though its the same company, every single mecca bingo is different in its own way and you alway learn a new work experiance.
Fast paced and competitive
A typical day can involve you working on many departments, from different start and finish times. You can be trained and have a chance to advance in-house to lead departments and more plus being able to transfer to other clubs in the area as well.
very unsecure job placing
After being hired for a 12 week probation period i was kept on for another two months to not even pass my probation and then dropped because of a dispute that another member of staff caused with me over a false accusation which was proven untrue.
Would not advise
Where to start, no matter how hard you work it’s not appreciated by your colleagues, too many snakes literally struggle to trust anyone when it’s a busy session and your running around on a cold night ... tough! The customers are cold so the air con is now off and you have to suffer more, pay is awful for the fact that you do EVERYONES job really the only good thing about the job is most of the customers . You could literally hit targets every week on your own and no praise nothing just a very cold thank you meaningless .. if you get a job here TRUST no one
Horrible beyond words - younger people avoid!
I only worked at mecca bingo for two months before I handed in an immediate notice after reaching a breaking point. During a busy shift, I felt absolutely belittled and patronised by a team member and the club manager. On my break, I finally broke down crying and refused to finish my shift and walked out. Upon my return the next day to hand in my letter of resignation, my manager originally tried to suspend me for my actions and launch an investigation. All because I felt I was treated beyond harshly by members of staff and couldn't cope anymore and thus walked out.

Throughout the entire three months I never felt like apart of a team. My manager consistently patronised me over minor mistakes and would refuse to listen to anything I had to say. During my first probation review, my feedback was entirely negative despite customers and several team members praising me for the work I had done. One of the comments was that I spoke to customers and staff members inappropriately and that I had to learn to understand how to communicate more effectively. I've worked in retail for 4+ years and I am fully aware what excellent customer service is. When I challenged this statement, my team leader and both my managers refused to acknowledge it. Furthermore, when I decided to sit down and discuss my review with my manager, he was defensive throughout the entire conversation and would not allow me to get a word in.

The overall atmosphere of working in this club is absolutely abysmal. The younger generation of workers are treated horrifically and are constantly felt alienated as the older
 - more...