Meallmore

Meallmore Employee Reviews

Great Place to work and great company
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire7 February 2020
I have worked at Antonine house for almost 7 years. In the time I have worked here I have had no issues with the company or the management. There is always an opportunity of develop your knowledge and skills through training and to further your career. Some of the reviews on here are clearly left by people who are unhappy that the company doesn't revolve around them. Management are very fair and very approachable and will always help people where possible. Bullying is taken very seriously and is not tolerated. The company is very good and rewards staff every year with awards and gift for care inspectorate reports.
I recommend this company to someone who is looking to provide very high standards of care to elderly and vulnerable people
Pros
Great working envrionment
Cons
Antonine care home is fantastic to work for!
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 February 2020
I think some of the reviews I have read are terrible. I have felt so welcome and very well supported since starting at Antonine and I would recommend to anyone I know to come and work for this home. I have found senior management to be very professional in dealing with all issues I have encountered. All management are friendly and easy to approach.
Antonine house great place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire5 February 2020
I can’t believe the rubbish that has been posted here about this home I have worked there for over 5 years it’s the best job I have ever had. The manager and her daughter are good people they care so much for the residents. they do so much for them and for their staff. The idiots who have written these reviews have been let go or didn’t like to be managed and needed to move on just vile horrible people
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire4 February 2020
I have worked in Antonine house for 6 years now and think its a great place to work and to further your career. Great in house training and e learning. Staff are very friendly. Couldn't fault the management at all. I have always found them to be very understanding as i have had a few health issuses in the last couple of year and it effected my work a great deal. But with a very understanding manager who listened to me and helped me anyway she could. I couldn't fault her in anyway. As I know if I was in any other job I would have been fired by now. My manager, and my deputy are very approachable with anything issue you have. . I have also worked along side my team leader now for 6 year who has teached me more or less everything I know about my job. She is always fair and will also help you in anyway she can. Great place to work
Worst place you would ever work
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow31 January 2020
Meallmore is agreat company but Antonine house is the worst place hence staff are constantly leaving. The manager and her daughters will make your stay there a nightmare if you do not agree with everything they say. A senior carer (manager's daughter) has powers over nurses, she will decide if one resident will see the GP or get the additional treatment required. They cover up significant issues and investigate silly things just to prove a point. They hide the money that families are donating to staff and the story can go on forever. Basically don't go there.
Bullying culture is acceptable
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire20 January 2020
I would not recommend working at Antonine house. If your friendly with the manager and team leader who are both related, work life will be good. Bullying culture is accepted by management. When grieviances were made nothing was done and appeared to be covered up. Good luck working here you will need it!
Crimond
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Crimond, Aberdeenshire8 January 2020
Love my job in Crimond fantastic manager great bunch of staff. Home is spotless. Residents and family always put first. Home is like one big family home.
Pros
Staff are friendly, friendly home. Great work team. Fantasia opportunitys
Horrible
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellon, Aberdeenshire5 January 2020
Staff arent very friendly or cooperative.Management have no clue how to treat their staff.All stick with each other.And speak.about everyone behind their backs.
Pros
No Meals for Staff
Good
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellon11 November 2019
It was a very good place to work,the wage can be better.
It was a very friendly and very safe place to work.
Avoid
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aberdeenshire5 November 2019
Avoid at all costs. So called whistle blowing policy does not work as management all stick together no matter what and don't listen even if several complaints made about work enviroment
To be avoided, full of disappointments.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Inverness, Highland3 November 2019
First of all, the management is terrible!!.
That place is full of lies and hate.
Please avoid this place, it is a very stressful job, no support, and always you will work in a rush.
However, the care staff love their residents.
An the good side, Meallmore is a really good platform were you can advance in your role due to their ability to offer all the training you will need.
How a new member of staff feels !
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow1 November 2019
Horrible place to work most staff are horrible and down right nasty If you are related to other members of staff or are best friends with management then you get treated great and if your not you get treated like a door mat and a machine. and no matter the situation it's always going to be certain people's word over yours. Terrible company to work for avoid .
Terrible management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton Mearns, East Renfrewshire19 September 2019
Lovely home
Very clean and smells nice
Great amenities
Good induction
Friendly and helpful staff
Terrible management!
High staff turnover
Staff have to park off site in a car park amongst bushes, not great in the dark.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire26 August 2019
Terrible
Housekeeping Assistant/Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton Mearns12 August 2019
Horrible place to work. If you are related to other members of staff or are best friends with management then you get treated like a door mat and a machine. No management skills whatsoever and no matter the situation it's always going to be certain people's word over yours.
Do not work here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland19 July 2019
Worked here for over a year,the used me when they wanted someone to cover shifts when others were off on holiday,if your fave doesn't fit then they will make your life a misery. Management don't believe you when you tell the truth as your made out to be a liar and troublemaker. They are bullies who think they can get away with it as. When area manager turns up the hush up everything to make themselves good.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Liars, backstabbers, bad management
If face fits
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Erroll9 July 2019
Horrible company- only truth directors hear is what staff are told to tell them- oh and regional manager stands glaring at you till you bleat out her version of the truth.. high pay but if you are a conscientious nurse/ carer , AVOID!
No back up and if your face doesn’t fit, reasons to lose you manufactured...
Pros
Cons
Uncaring
Worst place to work ever
Housekeeper (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh25 June 2019
Worked there nearly a year the manager and supervisor don’t have a clue about management at all the treat there staff terrible and have no respect for anyone even there residents and that’s coming from residents themselves. The place should be shut down indefinite. To much gossiping from the management department no wonder none of there staff last there maybe the place should get new manager/supervisor. Also the residents don’t get the care and attention they should be.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management with disgusting attitude towards staff
Former employee avoid at all cost
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire22 June 2019
Terrible work place if your family or your face fits you’ll be great there. Seniors lie and cover up things that have happened. Some terrible workers who do not do what the job requires and when it’s caught blame it on new employees and management backs it! there are some great people to work with but majority of them are terrible. If anything goes wrong management does not follow protocol and it’s always your word against theirs or family members. I reported them to care commission about what was going on.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Staff & management
Not A bad Company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 May 2019
Worked for nearly 4 years at one of the Care Homes as a care assistant and I did enjoy my job. Unfortunately a wee bit of nepotism started to creep into the environment, staff not doing their job properly, two senior care assistant's bullying other staff while they sat about,staff sitting not interested or interacting with the residents. I was hauled over the coals by my manager who sat and shouted at me without giving me a chance to speak. That's the reason why I am giving it a two star rating. Would have loved to have stayed on but unfortunately I had to leave after my manager's attitude towards me. Have a better job working as Local Crew which I've been wanting to do for years.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meallmore. Our community is ready to answer.