Meadows Care Employee Reviews

Excellent, caring company.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 March 2018
I feel very valued and appreciated within Meadows. The managers provide a lot of support and guidance, and training opportunities are plentiful. I have space to reflect on my own achievements, and given support to continue my professional development. The children are given priority and are genuinely cared about. Excellent place to work, I would recommend to everyone.
Excellent integrity and high levels of support
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 March 2018
Genuinely most supportive company I have ever worked with. Always someone available to talk to if you have a difficulty. Regular training opportunities. Support in dealing with difficult situations. Only the best will do is definitely the ethos of the company. Always striving to improve in what can sometimes be challenging situations.

The support is there right from management to director level.
Pros
Support, training, working environment, values and integrity
Cons
None that I can think of
Terrible company with clique culture of extreme nature
RSW (Current Employee) –  Birmingham20 January 2018
Absolutely terrible company with awful managers and totally incompetent senior management team, this company is all about heads on beds means money. No room for personal development unless your 'in the family'. If you love money and don't care how you earn it then this is the company for you.
Pros
Free dinners.
Cons
The whole company
Fantastic company that places children at the heart of everything they do
Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Midlands26 October 2017
Meadows Care have been an amazing company to work for, I have enjoyed every second. Working in residential care is not easy, but incredibly rewarding! Meadows Care genuinely place children at the heart of their decisions and the work they do and I feel proud to work for them. It is rare to find a company where senior managers and directors are incredibly approachable and involved in ground level practice and decisions - they are fantastic.
Pros
Committed staff and managers, great ethos!
Cons
Hard work
Great company with supportive management
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands26 October 2017
I really love working for Meadows, the management team are caring, supportive and put young people first.

I feel very comfortable and supported within my role.
Pros
Support
Cons
does not look after employees
RSW (Former Employee) –  ROCHDALE7 August 2017
This company does not take into account what their employees are going through both in and out of the workplace. they overload employees with too much work.
Pros
fun with clients
Cons
money orientated
Greedy, unsupportive management
Rsw (Current Employee) –  Rochdale25 June 2017
The young people are great, the staff are mostly demoralised and looking to leave due to constant changes in working hours and pay.
Management are forever thinking up ways to make more profit and pay you less. The wage structure is ridiculous, you are forced to bank the hours you have worked overtime for 17 weeks, then during that 17 weeks they try and claw them hours back by sending you home, so they don't have to pay you
You are very much just a number in this company, you could earn more working in a supermarket stacking shelves with less stress. I'm off.
Pros
Young people
Cons
Management, wage
Overall a great place to work
RSW (Former Employee) –  North West21 March 2017
On reading some of the negative comments, I must comment that I thoroughly enjoyed my time at meadows care and had full support by management and fellow employees.
I had good and not so good shifts. But in this line of work what do people expect?
There are always negative staff in every workplace and if your not happy, or if this job is not for you, then you should move on.
If you work hard, and want to develop there is a good structure in place to do this.
Training is great.
Unfortunately, I couldn't commit to shifts due to family circumstances, but would recommend meadows care to others.
Pros
Training, development, qualifications, great staff
Very hard work
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochdale24 February 2017
The job itself can be very fun and each day is varied and challenging. My issue with the company is that it does not appreciate its staff. I would often not find out where i was working until the very last minute and would be thrown in to a house and be expected to support the individual without feeling competent first.

The staff are lovely! I found most people to be knowledgeable and approachable including higher management.

The young people they support can be very challenging and i did not feel as though i was trained enough before starting. In the few months i was there i often went home upset because i was frustrated at relying on others to handle situations that i felt i should have been trained to handle.

The shifts can be long and i often did not get to sleep at all while there.

Im sure for the right person, this would be a great company to work for.
Pros
Varied
Cons
Long shifts, VERY challenging behaviour
Management and support spoils the company
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochdale10 February 2017
Majority of people are great to work with and the young people are amazing, each in their own way. The company however is not run effectively or honestly, my experience is that the young people are cash cows, there is no support throughout difficult times, expected to work every hour god sends and apparently bank 43 hours per month which are to be paid every 17 weeks, however you are forced to take these back at your own inconvenience and then constantly nag to have any left paid!!! Training is great but in all honesty that is the only plus to this company. Their left hand has no idea what the right is doing!!!
Pros
Training
Cons
Everything else
Great training
RSW (Former Employee) –  Rochdale3 October 2016
Meadows offered great training with friendly staff with very diverse work gave a sense of achievement lots of goals to reach good colleagues to work with
Pros
Great training
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG23 August 2015
Managemnet is a joke not worth getting a job there, really bad place to work no support and power hungry managers wanting to play god
Pros
Cons
Managment
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  rochdale11 May 2015
fun and exciting job each day is different and also challenging at times. excellent team member and bright young people to work with.
Potentially a good company, excellent staff though
Senior Support Worker & Company Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rochdale19 August 2014
Supporting 16-18 year old young people with general life skills and support, staff supervision, coaching and training. I'm a very pro-active person adn enjoyed the day to day challenges of supporting young people through stressful sitiations. I looked always for solutions rather than look at the problems. The staff I worked with enjoyed my honest approach to work & realised that work, although stressful, can be enjoyable also.
Pros
good staff, flexible hours
Cons
unflexible company & poor management support
vast growing company, develop staff to progress through the company.
Senior Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, ENG9 May 2014
I work in a residential setting caring for young people, aged between 11-16 all with individual complex needs. the young people are encouraged, supported and prepared for adult life.
everybody works as part of a team. Meadows is a fair and consistent company to work for.
Pros
new pension scheme starting June 2014
Cons
Sleep ins, hourly rate for sleeps and on calls.
meadows is a good place to work with lots of oportunities to progress.
residential support worker (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, ENG14 November 2013
My typical day at work is anything can happen. I am constantly learning new things and get lots of support from my team and management. There are 6 members to a team and you have to become a family as these are the people you have to work with and trust. As a team member you are expected to do a thorough handover and offer support to your fellow team mates and the young people. The hardest part of the job is when a team does not work together well. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are going to make a change in a young persons life no matter how small the change is, and its team work that has done it.
Pros
Lots of support and understanding. And training is aways updated.
Cons
There is none.