McMullen & Sons Employee Reviews

Would Not Reccomend
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 May 2019
I have been working full time at Mac`s for just over a year, I think it is the worst decision I have ever made. Just not the right fit for me at the moment...
Pros
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay
Best place to work!
Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Great Notley, Braintree28 April 2019
I started working for Mcmullens at The Prince Louis just after Christmas at the beginning of February. From the very start I have always felt supported, welcomed and as part of the team. My manageress is simply one of the most incredible people I’ve met in a long time and I’m proud to work alongside her and her partner as I hope to progress upwards in the industry again as I did years ago. All the staff are like a group of friends so everyday is a joy to go to work.
Pros
Busy pub, brilliant staff, always fun shift
So so
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire24 April 2019
Started working whilst the pub was fairly new, GM quit after about a month, stressful work and unfair managers, very bias towards certain ‘team’ members, long shifts, working till close (12-1am) to be rota’d on at 10 the next morning, they exhaust you and you don’t even get a thank you
Pros
Pubs pretty
Cons
Long hours, untrusting managers, lack of breaks
Chef (Current Employee) –  Harlow16 March 2019
IIt's by pleasure I work with McMullen Cooney almost 7 years. Its great company to work. Its easy to cominacatin woth copnay if need somerhing. Also good for money.
Pros
50% off on you meal if you woking more then 6 hiurs
Cons
Flaxible hours
Great team and benefits
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Marlow3 January 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Baroosh and received a great deal of training in bartending, mixology and waiting. I learned how to cope with extremely busy shifts and felt the managers were very approachable if I ever had an issue.
Pros
Good staff benifits
Cons
Late nights
Fantastic company - excellent opportunites
Front of House Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchor, UK30 April 2018
Really great company that offers job security and solid advancement opportunities. I felt appreciated and valued during my time with them. I would work for them again if I'm ever in the area.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unsociable hours
Ok for a first job
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood11 March 2018
The venue,that I worked,had great managers and team in general.I had loads of fun being a part of their team.Overall good place to work.Also good training program.
Pros
50% discount on food while on duty
Cons
Minimum wages
Great company to work with
Tennant (Former Employee) –  Welwyn, Hertfordshire16 January 2018
Great company to work with, very supportive and understanding. Good listeners and will help find ways to resolve any issues that occurred. Shame the trade in a small village is limited. The small village has 5 pubs
Pros
Great support and incentives
Cons
Long time consuming hours
Great work enviroment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 November 2017
Family atmosphere, friendly and progressive career path, great transfer opportunities, helpful and necessary training where required. Great company to work for in general
Pros
friendly team, career progression
Cons
unsocial hours, low pay
good
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 October 2017
not bad, don't have anything bad to say about working here, staff were ok, food was nice however wasn't free..........................................
Pros
nice food discount
Cons
nothing bad
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes2 October 2017
The company will ensure that all staff are comfortable within their job role and make it as fun as possible whilst remaining professional. The company will go above and beyond to ensure their customers have the best experience too.
Fun and challenging
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire6 August 2017
It is a challenging place to work in as it is all fast paced but the people there are great and easy to get along with. I never had an interview. It is an induction day. Anyone is hired as a kitchen assistant.
Pros
Discounts. Flexible hours. Fast paced.
Cons
Understaffed.
Great team, amazing setting
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey6 August 2017
The team was the best I'd worked with and I really enjoyed the majority of my shifts. If I wasn't a student I would love to still be there, however it wasn't convenient. The job gave me lots more confidence and skills, however it was very stressful at times but that was expected. Overall a very good place to work. (Kingfisher on the quay)
Pros
Great team and good hours. Stable job
Cons
Stressful at times
Not the best place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  London27 February 2017
As a former chef in many popular restaurants I can confirm this was one of the worst companies to work with. Kitchen manager didn't let me have a break during a 9 hour shift ( legally you are entitled to a break)
long time to get stuff done
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marlow10 January 2017
the training and career advancement aspects are there but it takes a long time and a lot of asking and chasing to be put on any of the courses
Pros
good team of people
Cons
lack of support
Not impressed
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire3 January 2017
various issues with how everyones tips were dealt, and where the rest of the tips were?? Often found that cash tips were stolen or used to cover mistakes such as drink spillages on the bar, As well as a low wage
Pros
nothing
Cons
Long and inconvenient hours as well as bad pay and management
Very fast paced and customer service based.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Fleet, ENG14 October 2015
Excellent company to work for, the job although it can be tough its also very fun. i found it to be one of the best jobs ive had, i felt it suioted me very well, i enjoy customer service and i like to be busy met some fantasic people and learnt alot, not just about the sector but also about myself.
Pros
Tips
Cons
late nights
Great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlow27 September 2015
Enjoyed my time there, exceeded at my job which lead to promotion to Assistant Manager. Just fancied a change in the end, left on very good terms
Great opportunity
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  herts23 July 2015
Working with mcmullens in fun and enjoyable and also the training programme is excellent
ive been with them for almost a year and i have already completed the first course (bronze) and my first aid
i will soon be starting my silver training
Pros
discount cards
Cons
late shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McMullen & Sons. Our community is ready to answer.

McMullen & Sons Reviews by Location