McLaren Employee Reviews

Forget Mclarens
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey3 July 2018
Despite paying some of the best salaries in the logistics industry this "iconic" company has a staff turnover that resembles Kings Cross at rush.hour.Anyone who lasts at least 3 months is considered a seasoned veteran.I walked out after 3 weeks because of the awful working conditions.Only the promise of a free sports car after 6 months service could lure me back to this place
Pros
Salary
Cons
Too many to list
Very Shiney
Prototype Technician (Current Employee) –  Woking24 June 2018
A very energetic and interesting workplace. Overall the facilities are beautifully designed however the current business plan is pushing the facilities and staff to the limits.
good place to work
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey29 May 2018
it is a high pressure environment but at the same time is enjoyable there is always a chance to progress to many other departments and production is the best way in and also its good building that's cars that are so highly rated
Pros
growing with the company
Cons
trying to grow too fast
Not recommeded
Project Lead Electrical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Woking12 May 2018
Nothing to say, terrible to work for. No career progression. If you are looking for a career progression, go somewhere else. Not a friendly environment to work in either.
Demanding and unorganised work environment
Integration / PVT Launch Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey10 April 2018
A company that could be 10 times more productive if there was just a little respect shown to staff. Management are arrogant and ruthless with zero understanding of complex engineering issues. In all fairness prestige vehicles cannot be launched and released to the marketplace with this concept in mind.
Pros
Brand Image
Cons
Arrogant - unethical workplace
After having applied for about 12 vacancies over the last 9 months or so and after zero replies I can see why people are leaving poor reviews
Lots of them (Former Employee) –  Lots of them12 March 2018
Same old story the bigger the name the less important you are these well known brands need to go back in time to when McLaren first started and compare how the treatment of staff has deteriorated the fat cats get fatter and the workers just get worked hard and under paid I will be removing my self from the McLaren notifications.
Any how Mcalrens loss I have 20 years experience in various aspects of the motoring trade .
So that makes me a winner for not joining McLaren.
Pros
Non
Cons
not as glossy as you would expect given the product
HR (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey11 February 2018
Not as glossy as you would expect given the product. A company managed by car people not by business people. Good intentions but staff end up overworked.
Productive - fast paced environment
Alias design consultant - Contractor (Former Employee) –  woking7 February 2018
A small but productive studio, thriving with inspired employees. Despite the small studio, the workload is large and proportionally not enough cad modellers. So you had to juggle multiple jobs at once.
Pros
inspiring environment - well managed
Cons
Work life balance
Line operative /Stand in Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey19 January 2018
Easy work, good atmosphere
Hr department little lazy. Management are understanding when it comes to sick and absence.
Breaks broken down to 2 little ones could be longer.
productive
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey2 January 2018
My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. While I already had strong IT skills, I didn’t have any previous experience in SAP accounting system. When my employer introduced a new order management system which used Access they gave me the opportunity to undertake additional training so as to be able to work effectively with this. I was then able to put this training into practice on a day-to-day basis and I am now extremely adept at using the package. I also learned a great deal about handling customers' inquiries.
I worked with a good team. I gave my support a lot to my team to achieve out a task.The hardest part of the job was workload but we managed well as a team. Working culture was good. Management was supportive to complete our work.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
work load
Not a good place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey28 November 2017
Really crushed my aspirations to work for McLaren. Manager was terrible, staff turn was incredible. I would never go back to work for them ever! I have progressed and got more experience and career away from them.
Would not recommend anyone to work there
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey7 October 2017
The management are useless and if your face don't fit then they treat you something on the bottom of their shoe, the workers have their clicky clubs.
There are to many Cheifs and not enough Indians.
They are all about the look of the company and make it sound amazing to new employees but treat you as just a number.
I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Cons
Anything and everything
Productive, focused work environment
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey21 September 2017
During the week i was working at Mclaren automotive, the day would consist of shadowing an employer who would gave me guideness to the tasks which had to be carried out for the rest of the shift. It involved working in various departments and getting a full understanding of the work environment at Mclaren automotive.
I learned how the Mclaren business is run and in general how business require different employers with different skills in various departments to finish complete a task as a team but Also how a hierarchal structure should be in place in a business for a more organised, productive way of working.
The workplace culture changed in accordance to what environment i was in. for example in the first two days, i was working in a open space workshop with cars coming in with small problems that needed to be found and sorted to be sent back to the customer.
The other side of the company in which i worked in was a design and development for new cars to be designed for the future through clay models and computer based work. this environment was more relaxed and quite compared to the others i also worked in.
Pros
Good care, good team
Productive, focused work environment
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey15 September 2017
Pros
Good care, good team
Brillant
Independant Consultant SAP, Logistic Dep (Current Employee) –  Woking, England17 August 2017
Amazing cars, amazing people, always doing what's best. going the extra mile to get a motor vehicle off the line. Lots to learn for a young company but the pride you get when you walk into the factory or offices is something else. This company will go far and will compete with Ferrari.
Pros
Product amazing
Cons
young company.
Very good output with good understanding and motivation
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey23 July 2017
I am able to find my self motivation when mutual agreement is respected and it is a good work environment. My results will be very good, as I like to be appreciated and to have a good productive competition.
I am willing to work extra hours to achieve the milestone for my projects.
Pros
Don't give up
Cons
Too pasionate
lower than average
Technician (Former Employee) –  surrey27 April 2017
good for earning a decent wage if you are contracting but are treated like just a number if you are not permanent, I would say its a cool place to work for the name and how the building looks but I would not recommend aiming for a career with this company
Productive but not for everyone
HR (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey25 February 2017
Great onsite facilities and employees really believe in the brand. However, the working environment isn't for everyone as the employees can be very clicky.
A day at the office.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey17 February 2017
I was always on top of my audits, kept records with automotive inspections and also configuring vehicles for dispatch. Due to my organizational skills and efficiency, I was able to juggle multiple audits at once with success. While I completed most of my tasks independently, I greatly valued input and will consult with teams to ensure we were all on the same track. I also appreciated checking in regularly with my team/group leaders to update him on my progress and asked about any issues that have arisen. This open communication helped me complete tasks efficiently and accurately.
Pros
Driving quarter million cars
Cons
SAP implementation
Great company
Head of Logistics (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey22 January 2017
Worked in the company for many years and enjoyed all aspects of my role. Totally supportive management team and all staff.